The rooms are what you would expect for under $30 per night--BUT, I was really impressed by several things, and one in particular.
A maintenance issue came up in our room, and the staff absolutely bent over backwards to make sure we were placed in another room that was to our liking. Walter (works the front desk some evenings) took me around to nearly every available room in the hotel, let me check it out, see which one I liked best--all while his newly delivered pizza sat unopened. No attitude, no complaining--truly friendly and wanting to make sure we were comfortable.
Rocky and Letta, the downstairs cleaning staff went out of their way to make sure we were happy and satisfied with our room. They put in extra effort to help us and make our transition easier, and I really, really appreciate that.
Yolaiza and the front desk manager, Wendy, are superb. Never an attitude, always cheerful and they want to help. They care about their guests and you can see that right away. Holiday Inn looks down their nose at you, but these folks are among the best.
The other benefits of this hotel, besides the excellent customer service, is the value. We stayed in two other hotels in Richmond Hill for about the same price, but this one was the best for the money. It has:
-on-site laundry--$1 to wash, $1.50 to dry (The local laundromat is a joke and barely usable, so this is huge to me.)
-a really nice breakfast
-24-hour coffee bar (flavor shots, tea, to-go cups, etc) that is clean, clean, clean.
-coffee makers, microwaves, and fridges in every room--other hotels didn't have that
-Nice fluffy beds in very good condition--no saggy mattresses
-SUPER cold air conditioning! (The Motel 6 A/C was pathetic and the mattress was made of cardboard or something--horrible!)
So based on our experience, I definitely recommend this hotel for either long-term or road trip use. Super convenient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Travelodge I-95, Savannah South, is easily accessible off I-95 at Exit 87. The Travelodge I-95, Savannah South is only 20 minutes from historic downtown Savannah. The hotel offers easy access to Fort Stewart, Hunter Air Force Bases, historic McAllister State Park, and River Street in Savannah. The Travelodge I-95 Savannah South is the perfect rest stop for travelers driving between Florida and northern/midwestern states. Hotel guests will appreciate a host of nearby dining options. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Wyndham, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Travelodge Richmond Hill reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Richmond Hill Hotel Richmond Hill
- Travel Lodge Richmond Hill
- Richmond Hill Travelodge
- Richmond Hill Travel Lodge