“Excellent customer service, best value for your money and time.” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 3+ Nights, Save 20%
Ranked #9 of 11 hotels in Richmond Hill
Richmond Hill, Georgia
“Excellent customer service, best value for your money and time.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

The rooms are what you would expect for under $30 per night--BUT, I was really impressed by several things, and one in particular.

A maintenance issue came up in our room, and the staff absolutely bent over backwards to make sure we were placed in another room that was to our liking. Walter (works the front desk some evenings) took me around to nearly every available room in the hotel, let me check it out, see which one I liked best--all while his newly delivered pizza sat unopened. No attitude, no complaining--truly friendly and wanting to make sure we were comfortable.

Rocky and Letta, the downstairs cleaning staff went out of their way to make sure we were happy and satisfied with our room. They put in extra effort to help us and make our transition easier, and I really, really appreciate that.

Yolaiza and the front desk manager, Wendy, are superb. Never an attitude, always cheerful and they want to help. They care about their guests and you can see that right away. Holiday Inn looks down their nose at you, but these folks are among the best.

The other benefits of this hotel, besides the excellent customer service, is the value. We stayed in two other hotels in Richmond Hill for about the same price, but this one was the best for the money. It has:
-on-site laundry--$1 to wash, $1.50 to dry (The local laundromat is a joke and barely usable, so this is huge to me.)
-a really nice breakfast
-24-hour coffee bar (flavor shots, tea, to-go cups, etc) that is clean, clean, clean.
-coffee makers, microwaves, and fridges in every room--other hotels didn't have that
-Nice fluffy beds in very good condition--no saggy mattresses
AND---
-SUPER cold air conditioning! (The Motel 6 A/C was pathetic and the mattress was made of cardboard or something--horrible!)

So based on our experience, I definitely recommend this hotel for either long-term or road trip use. Super convenient.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
skydivr38, General Manager at Travelodge Richmond Hill, responded to this review, August 31, 2010
What a fantastic review! We want to thank you for staying with us!

215 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Kissimmee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

Located right off of 95. Very nice room, AC was working great. We were greeted very nicely by the gentleman at the office. Very helpful with directions and assistance with the internet when I had problems logging on.
loved that they had coffee available 24/7 and it tasted good! Breakfast in the AM was good variety, Very clean.
The pool was nice, very clean even at the end of the day. Very convenient to many restaurants.
Didn't hear much of outside noises.
Bed was very well made.
Staff was super nice, very welcoming.
great value, would recommend to all.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
skydivr38, General Manager at Travelodge Richmond Hill, responded to this review, July 30, 2010
We are happy that you love that we have coffee available 24/7! Thank you for staying with us and we hope you will stay with us again soon!
Clermont, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

I stayed at this fine motel June 11, 2010. The staff was very friendly treating me like family. When I opened the door to my room a very pleasant fragrance hit my nose. This was a most pleasant surprise. The room was very clean and inviting. I will definitely stay there again. EL

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
skydivr38, General Manager at Travelodge Richmond Hill, responded to this review, June 20, 2010
What a fantastic review! Thank you! We do want everyone to feel like family and are very happy you enjoyed your stay!
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

There was two people that made my stay very much an enjoyable visit. Walter, the night time clerk and Wendy on at day time. Felt like these people really care about the customer as a person an sometimes even as a friend. Hope that this will make it so that more people will come and say Hello.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
We are very proud of our staff as they make all of our guests feel right at home! Hope you will stay with us again soon.
Columbus, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2010

For the money, this was a great deal. The rooms were about what you would expect, a little rough around the edges, but overall we'd stay here again. The wireless wasn't blazing, but it worked. The pool was clean. The cable was pretty extensive. The breakfast was a little better than I expected, your basic continental with a waffle iron.

The staff here was underhanded and wasn't exactly able to deal with phones, breakfast bar requests and walk-ins all by herself, but she maintained a good attitude about it.

I'd stay here again if I could get a rate of less than $35. Ours was around $32 through hotels.com

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
skydivr38, Manager at Travelodge Richmond Hill, responded to this review, June 10, 2010
We want to thank you for staying with us!
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

this hotel was a nice place to stay. the rooms were clean and they offered alot of ammenities that madeour stay comfortable. . Wendy was the lady that checked me in, she was very nice and friendly. she made sure our stay was going to be relaxing . she was very accomodating. i would definetely stay again and recomend Travelodge to my family and friends.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
We are very happy that you enjoyed our amazing amenities! Thank you for choosing to stay with us!
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2010

I had stayed at the hotel before and my experience wasn't great, but i went back and they have done some inprovements,and remodeling and it was great. Iron and ironing board in room, bed side candy, business center, rooms were really clean and a wonderful new staff and management.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
skydivr38, General Manager at Travelodge Richmond Hill, responded to this review, June 10, 2010
Thank you for choosing to stay with us after our new management change! We want everyone to feel comfortable and we are here to take care of your needs!

Been to Travelodge Richmond Hill? Share your experiences!