“Don't Go Here!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn Richmond Hill

You added Quality Inn Richmond Hill to your Saves list
Quality Inn Richmond Hill
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4300 US Highway 17 S, I-95 & US 17 (Exit 87), Richmond Hill, GA 31324   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Richmond Hill
Thomasville, North Carolina
“Don't Go Here!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Don't go here! Even sleeping in your car would be better! The place stinks, literally. Half the stuff doesn't work - like lights, toilet, and air conditioner. Has bugs. Went to manager who refunded us our money, but then the next day get a call from the hotel saying that we were being charged for the hotel room because we were there for less than 1/2 an hour. Told them of our multiple complaints again, was told too bad and charged for the room! They will ripp you off. They don't care about the customer at all!

Room Tip: Go to another Hotel!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Richmond Hill, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
I am so sorry that you experienced so many problems during your recent visit to our hotel. We are upgrading the property, it as become a very slow process. Maintenance is aware of the problems you mentioned.
Again, I apologize for the inconvenience to you.
Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Hampton, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

AVOID THIS DUMP AT ALL COST!!!

Pros:
Cheap: $56

Cons:
Extreamly poor wifi
Room smells like mold
No refund
Cable was out and they said they would send a repair guy but no one came
Missing towels
Missing soap
No desk
Electrical fixtures hanging off the wall by a couple of wires (Fire Haszard)
Trash needed to be picked up
Old furniture blocking walkways
One lady at the front desk had a hard time understanding english
The second lady a the front desk simply drank her coffee and watched the check-in line get longer.
Emplyees without nametag or uniform walking around so you cant tell if your speaking to an employee or another guest or worse.
Rough part of town
Dingy wall paint
Chipped paint
Nasty looking telephone
Broken furniture(Dresser knobs)
Mold in the grout of the shower
The bathroom is in such great need of renovation that it is not possible for it to look clean

NOTE:

No stars but Yelp requires you mark one.
This establishment is only suitable for prostitutes and thier customers... maybe

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Gloria B, Public Relations Manager at Quality Inn Richmond Hill, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
I have forwarded your review to the owner so corrections can be made. It seems that the room you were assigned is being renovated and should not be rented. We will do extra training at the desk so they know which rooms are ready to rent.
I am so sorry for the inconvenience to you. Thank you for the review so we know of your experience.
Dearing
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I checked in to this motel on July 20, 2013. I was given a key for room 203 by a clerk that was quite unfriendly and barely spoke a word. We drove around to the side and walked our daughter up to the room and left to get dinner. Upon leaving the parking lot around 15 bikers came riding in taking up the entire parking lot as though they owned it. We had to stop our car to avoid an accident. We were gone about 30 minutes and returned to a full parking lot of people. My husband and I got the food and went upstairs to our room. The curtains in room 201 were open, there was about 20 or more people inside being so loud they could be heard through the walls. I called and ask for another room away from the noise and was told they were booked. My husband opened the refrigerator to find black mold covering the entire inside of it. I do mean the entire inside not just a little, it had not been cleaned in quite some time. There was a red liquid in the freezer area and smelled like something had rotted inside. We immediately left the room and drove around to the lobby. I told the clerk how dirty the room was and ask for a refund. The clerk gave me my money back without question. She never said a word. There was no apology or anything, was the rudest clerk I have ever seen. I do not recommend this motel to anyone.

Room Tip: Choose another motel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Richmond Hill, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
I am so sorry that you had such a bad experience at the Quality Inn Richmond Hills. Housekeeping has been notified of the refrigerator problem, and I have notified the owner of the other problems you experienced.
I also apologize for the group that make you feel so uncomfortable and an employee that was not helpful with your situation.
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience to you.
We wish you happy and safe travels.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Great place this place is perfect price location and pool is out of this world. U really need to stay here its wonderful. 5 stars and I could not believe how clean it is. Only negative is the breakfast, they run out if everything,so your only left with coffee And donuts....enjoy

• Stayed July 2013
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Richmond Hill, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your review so others know of your experience, I will share your comments with our staff.
Your business is important to us and we hope you will visit us again soon.
West Palm Beach, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

All was good for my stay at this Quality Inn. It seems to be an older hotel, but my room was clean, and staff was very accommodating. I ride a motorcycle, so asked for a room on the first floor, with a door opening to the outside, and with parking as close as possible. I was given a room just as asked, in a good location at the hotel. I could see my bike from the room, and all was secure in the morning. Breakfast was good, with a good selection of eggs, sausage, pastries, coffee, and of course the usual waffles. I would stay here again, and reccommend.

Stayed July 2013
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Richmond Hill, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
It is so good to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for taking time to write the review, we appreciate your business and hope you will visit again soon.
Delaware, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

First of renovation work started at 6am then housekeeping neglected our room because the front desk didn't put us on the housekeeping manifest. When making calls or receiving heard a constant busy signal, ringing or dial tone. Then they gave someone else our room keys and a guy walked in on my husband and I in our night cloths. then our key cards weren't working after that. ITS A HORRIBLE PLACE TO STAY!!! GO ELSEWHERE!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I am so sorry that you did not have a good experience at our hotel, We will review your comments with our staff and employees so this does not happen to other guest. Our front desk and housekeeping managers will take action in their departments to improve their services.
I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience to you, we do appreciate your business.
Statesboro, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We fish at Ft McAllister, and live about 60 miles away, so when we come to the coast, we need to stay over night to make it doable. I got the room on a Saturday night through Expedia for $65, which was almost the cheapest at this exit. The room was clean, but the TV worked sporadically. It is still being renovated, and we were in a renovated room, but I couldn't tell. It did not smell, there weren't any bugs, the AC worked and the bed was comfy. The continental breakfast is not worth eating, but the coffee and juice were fine, and there was cereal and yogurt, but no fresh fruit. The front desk person was very efficient, and put us in an outside room where we could keep an eye on the boat, because the contract workers there for the renovation looked a little shady. We have stayed at three other hotels at this exit, and on the cheap end, this one is not bad and I would rank it the top of the economy hotels we've stayed at. We were in an outside room, and with the exception of the emergency vehicles, were not bothered by any traffic noise.

Room Tip: Maybe a renovated room on the poolside is the best
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Richmond Hill, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn in Richmond Hills, GA. We appreciate your business and your comments since your comments lets us know how you view our facility. Hopefully renovations will be completed soon and that should eliminate several items that you mentioned.
Our maintenance department will resolve the tv problems immediately.
Thank you again, your business is important to us.
Guest relations Manager

Been to Quality Inn Richmond Hill? Share your experiences!