“Atcheson, Topeka & SantaFe” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Savannah-Richmond Hill

You added Days Inn Savannah-Richmond Hill to your Saves list
Days Inn Savannah-Richmond Hill
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3926 Highway 17 (Coastal Hwy Or Ocean Hwy), I-95 & US 17, Richmond Hill, GA 31324   |
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Richmond Hill

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Overall everything was fine for a DaysInn. Would come back if needed. Had two rooms - both were clean. Convenient place on my trips to and back from Florida. Staff was pleasant. Only issue - train tracks behind hotel (which I'm sure Daysinn can't stop). Good deal for the price!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

GM4180, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Savannah-Richmond Hill, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Thanks for taking the time out of your day to write a review of our accomodations. Im glad you enjoyed the room and everything was enjoyable. I do apologize about the train. Nothing we can do about that. Sorry. Please give me a call the next time you are passing by, We'll try and keep you away from the train. Lol. Thanks Alan, 912-756-3371
Macon, Georgia, Usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

This facility has been sorely overlooked! The blackets, bedshhets and towels were threadbare,. THere were burn holes in the blankets. Dark moldy looking areas in the shower. The ac didnt cool.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to write a quick response about your stay. I do apologize that you were not happy with your room. Please give me a call and let me know which room you stayed in so we can remedy your situation and fix the problem for the next guest. Thanks,Alan 912-756-3371
Lakeland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Quiet area, good sleep at night. Clean room. Breakfast was light,no hot food. Good price for nights stay.Staff was nice and friendly.Had a fridge and it kept our drinks cold.Bathroom was clean,they need to scrub under bath mat in tub when they clean !

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GM4180, General Manager at Days Inn Savannah-Richmond Hill, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write a review. Our success is measured by our guests having a pleasant stay. I'm glad that you were well rested after your night from driving. We strive to provide excellent service and accomodations at an affordable price. Please accept my apologies for the 1 problem you encountered. Please give me a call and let me know which room you stayed in so we can fix this issue promptly. Thanks Amit. 912-756-33871
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Check in was a breeze, and the front staff was nice. We ended up hitting a lot of traffic and needed a place to lay our head and relax. This place offers it. This is a one star hotel, so you can't expect the four seasons. It came with a fridge and a microwave which was nice. The bathroom shower was decent, the place could use some new carpeting and a few other things. It DID have tons of channels on the TV, and the beds were comfortable.

My problem is the seedy characters walking around this place, and the walls feel like they are made our of cardboard. I had to listen to someone walking back and fourth, back and fourth from 10PM-1:30AM. Not sure what the heck he was doing up there, but it was abnoxious and annoying. Needless to say I didnt get the best rest. I could hear people walking by and talking...this place has absolutely no privacy and quiet.

Based on this, I definitely dont think Id stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
GM4180, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Savannah-Richmond Hill, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your experience during your stay. I am glad that the room you stayed in was comfortable and clean. However, I am sorry that other guest in the hotel kept walking around at night keeping you awake. Next time all you have to do is call the front desk and let the clerk know. We have security on the property at night time to keep people from disturbing other guest in our hotel. Sorry for the inconvenience. If you would like to discuss this situation further please call me at 912-756-3371. Thanks, Alan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I booked a room on Travelocity for a 2 night stay. As soon as we checked in, the front door would not close, we needed to use all our force to shove it close and lock. The carpets and chairs were stained with unknown substance and my husband got locked in the bathroom. We called a little over an hour after we checked in to tell them we were unhappy and wanted to check out and would like a refund. The manager Amit, is conveniently unavailable every time we call. We've called everyday, for the last 6 days and he isn't available.
I am disgusted with the customer service we've received. We never stayed in that hotel and it was never brought to our attention that we could not receive a refund, as Amit is claiming. When we spoke with Travelocity, they said a refund was not only a possibly but likely, if we could get ahold of a manager.
I have friends and family who live in Georgia and South Carolina and not only will I not recommend this repulsive hotel but I will warn them against it, it was horrible and wretched. Amit, as a manager, should be ashamed of what he's representing and do something about all the negative comments concerning his slum of a hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
GM4180, General Manager at Days Inn Savannah-Richmond Hill, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
I am sorry you encountered the problems you have had. I have spoken with your husband Ryan today and told him i can not issue a refund to him because when you book a hotel room through travelocity, I can not refund any money to you because you directly pay travelocity, not the hotel. If you had booked a room directly with us, I could give you a refund. Your fight for a refund is with travelocity, not me. I do apologize that the room was in such bad shape and if there is anything i can do for you in the future, don't hesitate to call me at 912-756-3371. Thanks Amit

Been to Days Inn Savannah-Richmond Hill? Share your experiences!