“Not so bad, really” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Richmond Hill
missouri/everywhere
“Not so bad, really”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2009

Very friendly front desk staff, and the property is decently maintained for a Motel 6. Very cheap...27 per night. Older, small rooms, but clean, and everything worked. If you aren't used to staying at Holiday Inn Express hotels all the time, it's not half bad! Serves its purpose for those on a budget.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
CHESAPEAKE, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2008

This is the 4th time I have stayed at this Motel 6 in the past five years on my way to Key West, Fl. I spent about $35.00 for one night/one person. It is a typical Motel 6. Clean and adequate but nothing special. I would recommend this establishment for a one night stay but anything longer than that I would spend the extra money and stay some place else. Also, I would recommend bringing your own toilet plunger. The toilets seems to have a habit of stopping up and the staff in the office is in no rush to find you (not them) a plunger so you (not them) can unstop it. I am disturbed by the fact that there seems to be more and more people actually living here and not just spending a night or two. This seems to be the case with more and more Motel 6's.

• Liked — Right off the interstate from I-95.i
  • Disliked — In my four stays I have had to unstop the toilet myself (twice).
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2008

It was cheap, you get what you pay for, it was a one night stop half way between home and Orlando, I had 3 kids with me. The room was stinky and extremely small, the towels were almost non existent, the pool was closed and there was no hot tub, wild stray cats everywhere (a bonus for the kids), the sandard motel six no smoking ashtray in the room (lol) and no amenities at all. No internet, the tv didn't get most channels, the phone didn't work to call the front desk. Beds were extremely uncomfortable and questionably clean. I think this is the sleaziest motel I have stayed in since my late teens.

It was close to the 95, there was a restaurant/bar across the street (I don't recommend that either) and a Dennys nearby. I am planning a trip to Orlando again now and just remembering all this I think I'll use priceline and pay a little more for a better hotel.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2008

Rooms are clean, very small. Two real problems that mean I'll find somewhere else to stay next time:

Nonsmoking rooms are very musty and have obviously been smoked in many times. The "NO SMOKING" notice in the room is on the bottom of an ASH TRAY! What kind of mixed message is that? My coworker had to move rooms because his room stank so badly of cigarette smoke he couldn't take it.

The internet access, which I am trying to use at the moment to write this review, is intermittent at best. I had to change rooms because the access last night completely went out, and though the desk clerk told me it would be fixed today, it wasn't. I'm now across the building in a room where the barest minimum of connection shows on my laptop, and it fades in and out. Every time I download a new web page, I have to hold the laptop up in the air to make it work. The motel charges an extra $3.00 per day for this internet access, so you would think it would work, but you would be wrong.

I know it's a cheap motel, and I don't expect much, but I do expect for them to provide the services they advertise (i.e. nonsmoking rooms and internet access), and they don't. There are too many motels at this intersection, and even closer to Savannah along I-95, with similar prices, for me to come back here. One of them HAS to be better than this.

• Liked — Cheap
  • Disliked — poor internet service
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Richmond Hill, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2007

I actually just checked this motel out to see if it would be adequate for my parents to stay at for a week.

I walked in the room and RAN the other way!

First of all, the rooms were very very tiny. There was very little room between the bed and the wall.

There was no coffee maker.

There was no refridgerator.

There was no bathtub! This is the first I've seen no bathtub in a motel room. There was a stand up shower that looked like it was recently dropped in place and it looked OK.

What this property DID have that was worth the cost of a night was a pretty nice pool. But if you travel outside of the Summer, that perk goes away.

For the posted price at this property, you can pick the worst motel on this street, save money, and have a coffee maker and fridge.

• Liked — Pool
  • Disliked — Bathroom
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
Ocean Springs, MS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2007

When we got there we ended up paying almost $11.00 more than quoted on total price with tax incl. We had asked for a non-smoking room and there was a non-smoking sticker on the outside, but when we got inside the smell of a stale ashtray was so bad I almost had to go to sleep in the car. There was even a clean ashtray on the nightstand. When we left all of our clothes and luggage had that nasty smell embedded in them. There was also mold on the rubber lining of the shower. It was just an all around nasty place.

• Liked — close to Savannah
  • Disliked — The stale ashtray smelling "non-smoking" room
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Boalsburg, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2006

Though I often stay in economy hotels when I travel, this is the first time that I've stayed in a Motel 6. My wife and I were driving from Pennsylvania to Florida and just needed a place to crash for a few hours overnight during the road trip. We tried this exit on I-95 because we saw a cheap rate at another hotel, but that hotel had no vacancy. So, we crossed the street to this Motel 6, hoping that it wouldn't be too frightening.

They only had one more room available, which we were happy to take. Because the TV was malfunctioning, they gave us a substantial discount beyond the normally rock-bottom price (from $37 to $25), for which I hadn't even asked.

Of course, it was a completely bare-bones room, with virtually no amenities. It was rather dated, with ugly bed comforters and curtains. The bathroom was somewhat dirty, including the shower. The towels were extremely thin and rough. And there was no internet access or continental breakfast.

On the positive side, the water pressure in the shower was fantastic. The parking was free and nearby. The access to I-95 was short and easy, though we had no highway noise during the night. And it was dirt-cheap.

There were no bells and whistles at this Motel 6. And we were happy to leave the room in the morning. However, for a few hours of cheap sleep, it did the job.

• Liked — cheap, convenient location to I-95
  • Disliked — no frills, relatively dirty
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Motel 6 Savannah - Richmond Hill? Share your experiences!