“Relax in a wonderful environment” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   San Pablo De Turrubares, San Pablo, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in San Pablo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atenas, Costa Rica
“Relax in a wonderful environment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

When were planning our trip to Costa Rica we were looking for places and locations where we could feel at peace with ourselves but still feel pampered. Bob and Jill provided everything we desired surrounded by nature at its best. This is a place to relax your mind, body and spirit. Yoga at sunrise in a beautiful yoga center. Breakfast on the deck. Massages of all styles. And Dinner- They served not only healthy food but food that could be served at any fine 5 star restaurant.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2009

AmaTierra exceeded my expectations. Jill and Bob were warm and welcoming hosts. Jill is a very intuitive and spiritual practitioner. My experience was one of peace and self discovery. My casita was spacious and comfortable. The Yoga studio was amazing as it was open and the birds would sing and the breeze would blow at just the right times. I would highly recommend AmaTierra, especially if you are needing to renew and recharge your body, mind, and soul. The food and the services were outstanding. I will definitely go back there again sometime soon.

• Stayed April 2009
Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

Ama Tierra is a located in a beatiful place, with an amazing scenary and surrounding nature. I really enjoy the relaxing and familiar ambient. Jill and Bob are really special people, who really care about their guests. All their team is very kind and each one of them is always willing to help.
The days I spent in Ama Tierra were special for me and my family. We all find it a peaceful and beatiful place with plenty options and all the ingredients for leaving the stressful routine aside.
CongratulationsJill and Bob for this place and thanks a lot for everything !

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Alberta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2009

Very powerful, magical place. Jill and Bob are amazing people and have created a unique experience for their guests. They are surrounded by amazing scenery, beautiful hard working staff - which is a true reflection of themselves. We were so well looked after - whether arranging a guide/driver for an excursion or scheduling a treatment or having a yoga class in the grounding spiritual outdoor studio (so powerful), which inevidently led to amazing meals prepared by Marguerite and her girls. And of course down to the finest details - Organic Wine - how great is that! This is a place I would highly recommend to visit! I will be looking foward to my next visit!! To Bob and Jill and all the AmaTierra staff - Namaste!!! Love, Cheryl Calgary, Alberta

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2009

I believe life is about making new memories. My husband and I just achieved that by spending a wonderful week at AmaTierra for my 40th birthday. We were looking for somewhere to relax, rejuvenate, eat great food, experience an interesting country and begin my 40's in a memorable way. Jill and Bob are wonderful hosts, and made us feel very welcome. If you love yoga, massage and relaxation and are looking for an intimate time in beautiful Costa Rica I would like to highly recommend AmaTierra. Turu Ba Ri Nature and Adventure Park is a short distance away. The well organized Wild Forest Trail takes you on an interesting journey to see native plants, flowers, many bird and butterfly species, crocodiles, iguanas, and the fabulous canopy zip-line was so much fun. We also went horse riding to a beautiful waterfall where we paddled in the crystal clear water, and viewed the scarlet macaws from Jaco and Hermosa beaches just one hour away. So if your 40th is coming up I would urge you to consider a week at AmaTierra to begin the next chapter of your life.
Gillian and Paul, Tampa, FL.

• Liked — Location
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2009

Once a year my sister and I get together for a long weekend to spend some quality time together. She picked Costa Rica and I picked the place. AmaTierra couldn't have been more perfect. The setting is gorgeous and the casitas are comfortable and large enough for us both to have our own space. Doing yoga every morning in the stunning open air pavillion was the perfect way to start the day. The classes are wonderful and the views breathtaking. Even for those who don't really even do yoga, it is inviting and appropriate for all. The food was spectacular, fresh, local, organic when possible and just plain incredibly delicious. I wanted all their recipes. Side trips were great, our favorite was the serious adventure day to Bijagual falls, a gorgeous horseback ride followed by a swim in the natural pools. But what makes AmaTierra so special is simply the hosts Jill and Bob. Words can't express the beauty of these two people and what they bring to AmaTierra. They are wonderful people who make every effort to make your trip as memorable and enjoyable as possible. I can't wait to go back and until then will recommend it to all my friends.

• Liked — private, very clean, reasonably priced, food, close proximity to alot of things
  • Disliked — porch furniture could be more inviting and more comfortable,
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2009

From the initial reassuring emails..."where do we stay the first night!" to our final "good bye" dinner amongst other guests on the balcony overlooking a beautiful, green valley....our experience with AmaTierra was a delight. Our host and hostess were always nearby, offering suggestions for day trips, arranging for transport, making sure we were happy. Casitas were private and clean, simply appointed but not sparse. We watched movies in our room....a funny indulgence in the rain forest! We read, lounged by the pool, rode horses to a waterfall, did yoga in THE most amazing yoga studio in the world, ate beautiful and romantic candelit dinners, and slept full long nights. AmaTierra is quiet... no disco or bar. Bob and Jill provided great wines and music, and the conversation was stimulating, funny and happy.

• Liked — Welcoming and friendly small hotel.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Amatierra Retreat and Wellness Center? Share your experiences!