“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Amatierra Retreat and Wellness Center

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in San Pablo
Amatierra Retreat and Wellness Center
Save Saved
You added Amatierra Retreat and Wellness Center to your Saves list
San Pablo De Turrubares, San Pablo, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in San Pablo
Severn, Maryland
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My experiece at Amatierra was amazing, the staff was very welcoming, the food to die for, and the yoga and meditation practices just great. Every where you turn at the retreat was breathtaking and the outside activities they offer are great opportunities.
I am looking forward to plan my next trip to Amatierra and this time take my family with me.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

265 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Myself and my group from Solomate had a fabulous 5 night, 6 day getaway to Amatierra. The yoga, cuisine and casitas were outstanding. I hightly recommend the short trip to the private waterfall where we played like kids. Our excursion to Carara Park , guided by Victor was also a great day. We did have mixed feelings about the beach and all that dark brown sand but we loved ziplinig outfitter which is nearby. This is the perfect spot to pamper your body, spirit and soul.

Room Tip: All casitas are great, just depends how may steps you want to be away from the pool deck.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Crystal Bay, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

A wonderful vacation that felt perfect for a solo traveler. Bob & Jill, et al will do anything to make your stay comfortable and assure that you feel very special. The food is amazing and they are very flexible for those with sensitivity issues--fortunately I could & did eat it all. Fresh fruit, greens and full flavored meals were a highlight every day replete with the company of others. It was a treat to meet so many friendly guests which made for a happy family atmosphere. Yoga is a great love of mine so this was a extra bonus--teachers were awesome and the studio is the most beautiful in the world without a doubt. It is worth the price alone!
Massage, treatments, insights, natural beauty, cool spring water & the refreshing pool are just icing on a beautiful cake. Do it.

Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Atenas, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We have stayed at Amatierra on past years and have even welcomed in the new year of 2011 with other guest and staff. We couldn't wait to take friends for a short stay. Amatierra has a wonderful energy. It is a positive and refreshing energy that helps clear away all the other little things that clutter our brain. Bob and Jill are the best hosts in Costa Rica. They are like family. This warm hospitality carries over to the staff. We had lunch when we first arrived and we all had massages in the afternoon. Dinner was served at 7 and it can only be described as wonderful, flavorful and "clean". We all very much enjoyed the meal and Bob had an excellent Malbec that we enjoyed with the meal. Before breakfast the next morning our wives attended the morning yoga session and meditation. If you are looking for a great place to chill out then Amatierra is the place for you.

Room Tip: Select a room farther down the hill and one that also faces downhill.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Gouex, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I arrived at AmaTierra feeling like a physical wreck. A mere seven days later I felt better than I had for years. I was literally rejuvenated. I did the detox package (mainly because I wanted to give up smoking) but the experience was so very much more. I could wander round the grounds watching toucans, humming birds and butterflies. I could do yoga or meditate in the extraordinary yoga space, with its views to the hills. (Also good for birdwatching). I ate delicious, organic, healthy-but-sinful-tasting meals on the terrace, watched by iguanas. I had amazing treatments from Jill, Annelise and Tanya. I was made to feel not like a mere guest, but like a (slightly eccentric) member of the family.
And I'm still not smoking, am not tempted to smoke, and I still feel the warm glow of AmaTierra...

Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I knew Amatierra was the perfect place for my first solo venture as soon as I landed. Bob, Jill, the Staff, and other guests made me feel right at home. I believe you can make your time at this Resort whatever you'd like it to be both within your personal comfort level and budget. Bob and Jill were the perfect hosts, making sure I got to take advantage of all CR had to offer. Daily yoga with Jill, meditations, incomparable views, energy healing, after dinner sing-a-longs, biomat, gorgeous walks along the trails, unbelievable food, hysterical adventures, the most perfect company; Amatierra gave me lifelong memories and new friendships that I will cherish forever!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
amatierra, Owner at Amatierra Retreat and Wellness Center, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
It was a joy meeting you and having you stay with us So glad you enjoyed your visit.
. I wish you all the success in the world in your brilliant career. Keep smiling and stay healthy.
San Antonio, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I stayed at Amatierra during Nov 2011 and Dec 2012 but only writing my thoughts about my trip this time around. It is buried deep in the jungle mountains a good hour drive away from the beach or San Jose. There are beautiful views during the day and amazing jungle sounds all night long. If you are looking for some "check out" time to rejuvenate this is the place. There is a Chef from Italy there until May 2013 and she is great! I lived in Portland Oregon for 20 years and Amatierra feels like Portland does to me spiritually. Bob and Jill are great hosts and if you need to get out of the solitude for awhile maybe the beach for a couple of days they will help you make arrangements. Enjoy!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Amatierra Retreat and Wellness Center? Share your experiences!