I arrived at AmaTierra feeling like a physical wreck. A mere seven days later I felt better than I had for years. I was literally rejuvenated. I did the detox package (mainly because I wanted to give up smoking) but the experience was so very much more. I could wander round the grounds watching toucans, humming birds and butterflies. I could do yoga or meditate in the extraordinary yoga space, with its views to the hills. (Also good for birdwatching). I ate delicious, organic, healthy-but-sinful-tasting meals on the terrace, watched by iguanas. I had amazing treatments from Jill, Annelise and Tanya. I was made to feel not like a mere guest, but like a (slightly eccentric) member of the family.
And I'm still not smoking, am not tempted to smoke, and I still feel the warm glow of AmaTierra...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 10 room Eco Mountain Retreat Center 50 minutes from the San Jose Airport who specializes in healthy foods, Yoga Retreats, meditation, and many other wellness services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Amatierra Retreat and Wellness Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amatierra Hotel Province Of Puntarenas
- Amatierra Retreat And Wellness Center Costa Rica/San Pablo