I stayed at Amatierra during Nov 2011 and Dec 2012 but only writing my thoughts about my trip this time around. It is buried deep in the jungle mountains a good hour drive away from the beach or San Jose. There are beautiful views during the day and amazing jungle sounds all night long. If you are looking for some "check out" time to rejuvenate this is the place. There is a Chef from Italy there until May 2013 and she is great! I lived in Portland Oregon for 20 years and Amatierra feels like Portland does to me spiritually. Bob and Jill are great hosts and if you need to get out of the solitude for awhile maybe the beach for a couple of days they will help you make arrangements. Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A 10 room Eco Mountain Retreat Center 50 minutes from the San Jose Airport who specializes in healthy foods, Yoga Retreats, meditation, and many other wellness services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Amatierra Retreat and Wellness Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amatierra Hotel Province Of Puntarenas
- Amatierra Retreat And Wellness Center Costa Rica/San Pablo