“Excellent small town hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Scottish Inn Register
2875 Hwy 301 South, Register, GA 30452   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Register
Ridgeland, SC
“Excellent small town hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

The front desk clerk was very fast, efficient and courteous. The hotel room was clean, comfortable and very much like home. Excellent small town hotel !!!!! The front lobby had snacks U could buy for a good price and also offered a continental breakfast the next morning. I arrived late after midnite and the service was excellent. I can't say enough for this small town hotel. Very quiet and clean , had a refrigerator and microwave in the room. the room was very organized and laid out. Will stay there again if I find my way back in that direction !!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

11 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Winston,Ga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

If you love the country and real hospitality please stop by and check out this hotel!...I stayed in room 109 and the air almost ran me out it got so cold...most hotels the air don't even work!...I travel through once a month sometimes twice and I came across the Scottish in off 16 in Register Ga....I was looking for a pool to get in to cool off...little did I know this was going to be a home away from home....The staff was very friendly and welcomed me as I was part of their family...The owner is a nice religious man very well keeped and out spoken...he reminds me of my Grandpa that has so many stories to tell....one can learn a few things after spending a few minutes with him.

Room Tip: 109 the air is awesome!...of course it is non- smoking
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

After a long day in Savannah, we stumbled upon this Scottish Inn on our way to Macon late one night in July 2012. We checked in about 10:00PM and the attendant was very nice and welcoming. Including ourselves, it appeared that they had three guests. The room was in fair condition, reasonably clean, if a little worn-out and tired. Most everything worked .......although the attention to detail was lacking; burned out light bulb in one light, tub missing drain plug, microwave dirty from previous user, a/c unit a little weak. The included breakfast was a little haphazard spread around two rooms. Again, there was a reasonable variety of cold cerials (if a little stale) and white-bread for toast. No fresh anything (fruit, pastries, etc) Coffee was OK. No tea or decaf coffee visible. It was obvious, they were only following the letter-of-the-law from the Franchisore (Thou Shalt Provide Breakfast)

While nothing was really wrong, neither was it right. It was a place to lay your head down for a few hours and then hit the road again. For this purpose it was OK. Although, I can see that staying for a few days might garner a much lower rating (from other reviewers).

The Net price for one night was $54 (included taxes, etc) on a Thursday in July.

One final observation: I recognize that this hotel is located in a very rural and conservative area of our country. Having said this, when the owner takes it upon himself to engage guests in strident religous and political dialogue as they try to eat breakfast, I must confess to being rather shocked. He should have checked our party affiliation and status of our Soul before checking in and taking our money. Some guests will feel very happy in this environment. Other will be put off. While I recognize the owner's right to run his business as he chooses, I found it a bit confrontational and innapropriate.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Douglasville, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

We stayed at the Scottish Inn while passing through while traveling. The customer service and the quick response to handle ever need was awesome!...The pool was clean and ready for swimming. There is a fenced in pond with a Donkey name Noel off the side of the hotel....which loves carrots and very friendly.The hotel has security cameras and everyone is real friendly. I highly recommend if you are passing through and if you love animals to check it out.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Braselton, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

i stayed here for the special olympics with my high school as a helper. the area scared the kids and me. the rooms were dirty and there was an ash tray in our non-smoking room and it smelled of smoke. the comforter had holes in it and the carpet was very dirty. there was also a wild donkey living outside the hotel that would wake us up early in the morning. the breakfast consisted of cereal and old doughnuts. the staff was very nice and the lobby offered microwavabe meals for late at night for the food provided at the olympics was not very good. my roomate and i made a nightly trip to go get microwavable hamburgers. the over all experence was not very good and we were very unhappy and did not feel safe.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
si_buni, General Manager at Scottish Inn Register, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
We here at the Scottish inn would like to apologize for the bad experience this customer had during his/her stay here. We would like to assure everyone that we have been working very hard to correct the problems mentioned, and any others that we find or our customers are kind enough to inform us of. We try to provide the best service possible to every guest, and the cleanest rooms. Nothing matters to us as much as our customers' comfort and safety, so the fact that we failed on this occasion to provide a feeling of safety and the cleanliness every customer deserves makes all of us here very disappointed. We will continue in our efforts to make this motel a place everyone would be happy to stay in and return to.
We also apologize for the donkey, who is a pet but has a mind of his own. He has his own fenced yard and loves carrots and visitors, especially visitors who bring carrots, so when he sees someone outside he may bray, but be assured he is harmless!
HVQW fcku
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

We stayed here with our Special Olympic team and i was a volunteer, keeping track of the kids was made easy by the space provided around the hotel and was made easily accesable by their big parking lots, you could count on a full belly due to their continental breakfasts and was within walking distance of the hotel, the town is empty but this hotel provides great hospitality to its few visitors, the hotel, however was not top notch, it was clean, yet the telivision did not work, service was not very professional and for some odd reason, thee was a donkey tied up to a post nearby... other than that it is a good place to stay.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Clermont, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2009

For the price, you can't beat the value. These folks were warm and genuine. The long distance phone service didn't work in the rooms, so we had to use the office phone to make the calls back to Smith Transitional Center. There was a fridge and a microwave in the room, but no coffeemaker. They offered a continental breakfast, but i didn't partake, so can't rate it. The heater worked very well and the room was quiet and neighbors didn't bother us. I would highly recommend them if you are in the area. We are going back in Dec and Jan.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Scottish Inn Register? Share your experiences!