“Check Your Paperwork” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Powder Springs
Crestview, Florida
“Check Your Paperwork”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This Holiday Inn was clean and staff was pleasant enough. Noise levels were minimal, always a good thing. Breakfast could have been a bit better, some of the "hot" foods tasted rather old as though it had been reheated several times. But my real issue with this hotel was the pricing tactics. I checked in on a Wednesday and stayed two nights. When I got my bill the price for Wednesday was more than Thursday? I called the front desk and asked about it. The person on the phone said to me, and I quote, "you did initial the paperwork". OK. After driving for 7 hours, I guess I should have been a bit more on top of things, but I was exhausted. My fault.The manager came on the phone and told me, again I quote, "our prices change daily". For some reason, this did not make me feel better, go figure. Lesson here is just check your sign in paperwork carefully and ask right up front what the nightly pricing is or deal with incompetent and uncaring employees.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Powder Springs, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear wanderbug123,

Thank you for providing us with a very considerate review and thank you for staying with us. I am pleased you found our property clean. On the other hand, I'm sorry your stay was negatively affected by the rate confusion. Your comments are being shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Rawson, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Nice location, easily accessable from highway, close to shopping and eateries. Room was very nice, located on back side of hotel. View over looked trees, quiet for sleeping. Staff was friendly and acknowledged IGH Platinum elite status right away. Good location for business as meeting only 1/2 mile close by.

Room Tip: Choose the back side of hotel, over looks tree area, quiet sleeping.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

We were visiting family in Georgia for Thanksgiving and this hotel was half a mile a way so we decided to stay here. When we get in out room late that night we kept trying to turn the air on and it wouldn't come on. So we tell the front desk and someone comes up and looks at and d*** near takes the thing apart and says he's not sure what's wrong and they are fully booked. So I ask for a discount he states he will take care of it. It got so hot in that room we went and purchased a fan, my kids were sweating in their sleep. So I woke up around 6 am to use the bathroom and see my receipt they slipped under the door. My "discount" he gave was $5!!!! I was so pissed I went down to the front desk a couple hrs when the lady working seemed less than interested that the air in my room didn't work and I told her the discount is ridiculous! She proceeded to take 10% more off my bill wow a whole $15 in total making my bill $102. So I called guest relations to complain they stated they would let hotel management know. We check-out around 1030 am a couple hrs later I get a call from the lady I spoke with at the front desk stating she went to the room I was in and checked the air and it was fine, she states there is a thermostat on the wall that was on 74 and we were supposed to switch it to ac then do something with yhe unit in the room?? Yes I felt dumb for a sec but the man that came to our room ye night before to help should've known that right? She states he is new and she apologizes for his mistake. She then brings up my call to guest relations and how they also told her I had a complaint about the bathroom?? Umm no wrong person must've been someone else's complaint which wouldn't surprise me. She then went on about how every time they get a call from guest relations it $150 for them. So what? I'm glad! I'm pretty sure they would've shown no concern for my room unless I called guest relations! Beware! This place is decent but if there is a problem they do not care :-/ There is a coffee pot and fridge for those who need that. That was a plus...

• Stayed November 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I have never written a review either good or bad and I am a priority club gold member which means that I frequent this hotel chain often. As any business traveler can tell you, business plans can change quickly so I have always made it a policy to select hotels that allow same day cancellations. (I called at 4:00 pm on my day of arrival to cancel my reservation) It turns out that this hotel is one of the few “holiday Inns” that demand cancellation by 6:00pm the day PRIOR to arrival. As I went up the “food chain” discussing this situation with various holiday inn management staff, it became evident that regardless of my past loyalty with this hotel chain, they had no intention of refunding my payment. To makes things worse, one of my colleagues was also in town staying at this very hotel. The nature of our business has us frequenting this area multiple times but rest assured it will NOT be at this Holiday Inn or any other that takes this position. My business dollars go to any neighboring “Hampton Inn” or like property that promises 100% satisfaction or you don’t pay. (Not gouge you out of money for a stay that you couldn’t make) Hotels should learn that the consumers have choices and if their stance on this issue is steadfast then they can expect to loose many loyal customers and rightfully so! Shame on you Holiday Inn! Im making it my personal mission to post this any review site that will listen (I think people need to know)....Holiday Inn had their chance to do the right thing!

Michael

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Nadhville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My daughter's soccer team was staying in this hotel this past weekend. We got home from games and dinner late that night and went straight to bed. The four of us were woken up at 4:47 in the morning by the low battery chirp from the smoke detector. I went to lobby and was told there was nothing they could do about it until maintenance came. She did not even apologize or try to come up with a solution. I went back out at 5:45 to let her know the shrieking sound was still happening and was pretty much told it was my problem. However, she was able to slide the bill under my door. The lady who took over the front desk that morning was nicer and did take $10 off my bill, however I paid $91 for a room that was IMPOSSIBLE to sleep in! The sound was still there at 10:45 when I checked out! Ridiculous and I will never stay at any Holiday Inn property again!

Room Tip: If you get room 121 make sure you ask if they have changed the battery on the smoke detector!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Powder Springs, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Dear Robin F,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am glad that you found our location satisfactory enough for your needs. Please accept my sincerest apology if you found your stay less than satisfactory due to the noise levels at our hotel and service received from our staff. I will address these matters with the staff to ensure similar incidents could be avoided in the future.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Anderson,SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I have stayed here before and it is a very nice place, although pricey. The rooms are nice, they have microwaves, refrigerators and coffee makers w/coffee. The bed is comfortable and it is a very safe atmosphere, fine for traveling alone. There are great restaurants and shopping located nearby. This one is a winner!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

We were put in room #101 our first night. DO NOT stay in this room!!! All night long, we heard the electric door to the lobby open and close. The window to our room was right at the smoking section and we were awake all night listening to conversations. We tried to get directions to the hotel and were given wrong directions by the front desk and were taken about an our out of our way. Other reveiws stated it is hard to find but it would have been helpful if the front desk could give good directions. My hunsband was upset when we arrived and complained, so I am sure that is why we got room #101. Other than this the hotel was very nice. Clean and modern.

Room Tip: Do not get put in room #101!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Powder Springs? Share your experiences!