“Just a click away from Excellent!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95 North

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95 North to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95 North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7050 Highway 21, I-95 and Hwy 21 - Exit 109, Port Wentworth, GA 31407   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 11 hotels in Port Wentworth
West Palm Beach, FL
“Just a click away from Excellent!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2009

Only one problem keeps me from rating this hotel as "excellent". We got little sleep because of a clicking noise from the refrigerator. We didn't realize this until it was too late to ask for a change of room (i.e. in the middle of the night). More on this later.

Overall, this is a just a wonderful hotel particularly if you're traveling with your furry friend. The rooms, hallways and lobby were immaculate and beautifully decorated. The rooms are large, attractive and odorless (particularly important to me). There was a small problem with the card key locks, but this is minor and the staff were very helpful and friendly about the issue. The morning breakfast was extensive and generous.

But what will stand out in my memory is Tommy Beyer, General Manager, who brings customer service to a level not seen very often these days. I had reported our problems sleeping to the front desk in the morning and while the attendant was very nice and gave me some dog biscuits for our Molly, she simply made a note of the issue and that was that. When I received a survey by email a few days later I filled it out. Within hours I heard from Tommy Beyer with a solution that lived up to Hampton Inn's guarantee of 100% satisfaction.

It's not always about a perfect stay because things can go wrong. For us it's more a about how a disappointing sleep on the road is dealt with by the hotel staff. Hampton Inns have always been our favorite along I-95 and will continue to be our first choice every time. I just wish all of their hotels were pet-friendly.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
hamptonhotelmanager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95 North, responded to this review, November 4, 2009
Hello,

I would like to take the time to thank you for your review of our hotel. I am disappointed to hear that you did not get the best night sleep. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay other than the clicking noise. We certainly look forward to seeing you, Molly and the rest of the family on your next trip to Savannah.

Tommy Beyer

376 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Philly Burbs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2009

Read the reviews and decided to stay here on our way to Florida. The Lady at the desk last night 7/12/09 did a great job. She was very helpful and very nice. Kids loved the pool and I loved the hot tub after a long day of driving. Don't hesitate to stay here. I'm pretty picky when it comes to hotels and this one was really good for a I-95 hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
hamptonhotelmanager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95 North, responded to this review, August 5, 2009
Thank you for your positive review. We work very hard to please our guests. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip down I-95. I will pass your kind words along to my staff.
east coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2009

We stayed at this HI on the way to, and back from, Florida, about a week apart. I booked the room after reading all the reviews of the other hotels in the area. This one sounded like the best choice for our needs. I agree that the staff is very friendly and helpful, beds are comfortable, bathroom is large. Location couldn't be better right off the interstate, and no traffic noise in room. King rooms have a fridge and microwave, but we found out the doubles do not. The pool and lobby area were very clean. Not so much for the room bathroom floors. In both rooms, I noticed some kind of crud in the corners. The first night, our room on the 2nd floor was fairly quiet. The second stay, I think the circus must have been in town since I swear there were elephants stampeding in the room above ours. They kept this up until about 11:00 pm. Both times, guests with loud small children (well, one was children, the other was an adult talking loudly to a small child) checked in late at night and I could hear everything from down the hall, in my room with the TV and a/c on. This is one of those hotels where you can hear toilets flushing and water running in nearby rooms when you are in the bathroom. As for the ice: on the first visit I and another guest noticed that the ice in the 2nd floor icemaker was cloudy and old, with an odor. I reported this to the front desk. On the second trip, the 2nd floor ice was still bad, so I tried the 3rd floor and it was the same. The ice on the lobby floor was fine. I liked the flat screen tv's in the rooms. They didn't have that tinny sound many hotel tv's have. Free continental bkfst was pretty good with muffins and pastries, some kind of meat and a hot selection. Evening food ran out quickly, before the ending time. For the rate, and location, I would probably stay here again but ask for a 3rd floor room next time, to avoid the elephants.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
I would like to thank you for your review. I will follow up with my maintenance department regarding the issue with the ice machines on the second and third floors. I apologize about the loud guests; we do have families who stay with us from time to time with small children. I am glad to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Savannah.
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

My main concern for a hotel room is cleanliness. This one was indeed clean. The bathroom was large. This may have been an older property which has been refurbished and looks very nice. The carpet and mattresses looked new. I used the free computer in the lobby and could hear the staff checking in guests and they were always polite and friendly. It was about a 20 minute drive to Savannah historic district. We had a good five night stay at this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
hamptonhotelmanager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95 North, responded to this review, June 8, 2009
Thank you for your kind comments. We work very hard at keeping our rooms clean. We are almost completely finished with our renovations. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Savannah.
Dahlonega, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2009

Have stayed here twice. First stay was fine, second stay was awful. The air conditioner was set to only go between a certain temperature range and not above/below. I can't sleep unless the room is cold, and this was awful. I spoke with the staff about it, and they offered no sympathy or alternative. Slept about three hours and will not go back.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
hamptonhotelmanager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95 North, responded to this review, May 14, 2009
Hello,

My name is Tommy Beyer and I am the General Manager of the Hampton Inn Savannah I-95 North. I would like to apologize for the inconvenience that you faced with the air conditioning in your room. I will personally follow up with my maintenance department regarding this issue. This is not the type of experience that we want our guests to have. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip. Please feel free to contact me directly on your next trip to Savannah and I will make sure the room in which you are placed, does not have a noisy air conditioner. You can reach me directly at the hotel (912) 966-2000 or email me at tommy.beyer@hilton.com.

Tommy Beyer
Manitoba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2009

Better than expected. The Hampton Inn has very friendly and helpful staff, clean and quiet rooms, great breakfast options (hot or cold), flat screen HD TV, free HBO, very comfortable beds with pillow top mattresses, two computers in the lobby with a printer with free access to the internet, convenient to Savannah (only 10 minute drive) as well as convenient to I95 so travel to Hilton Head or Charleston was easy vs. staying right in Savannah. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone that want's all of the above at a very reasonable rate. Even the fresh cookies in the lobby at the end of the day was a nice surprise.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
My name is Tommy Beyer and I am the General Manager of the Hampton Inn Savannah I-95 North. I just wanted to take the time to say how much we appreciate your review. We appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again on your next trip.
Centreville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2008

I wasn't at this property more than 9 hours and slept most of that time. Check in was quick and they had lemonade and water to take to the room. The beds were real comfy and different types of pillows on the bed to choose from. The room was very clean. Slept like a rock which is unusual for me. Got up, took a shower (clean bathroom) and had some breakfast. The breakfast was good. I wasn't a fan of the hot offerings but I did have a bagel and some juice. It was fresh and the staff in that area was very attentive. I'll add this to my places to stay when on 95.

• Stayed October 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95 North? Share your experiences!