My wife and I stayed, with our two dogs, at the Hampton Inn Savannah I-95 North for one night from 11-12 March 2011. We were very happy with both our room and our stay. The staff was very nice, allowing us to check-in a little early; even greeting us with small gift packages of dog treats for our canine friends. We had a good night’s sleep and a very nice breakfast at the hotel. We very much appreciate the hotel’s welcoming of travelers with well-behaved pets, at no additional charge. We then stayed at the same hotel again, for one night, from 25-26 March 2011, and had a very, very different experience. Let me say first that the staff was once again very friendly and welcoming to our dogs and us. The problem was with the room itself. We were put in room #126 (or possibly 127?), which was the “Oglethorpe” room. We noted that the room seemed smaller than what we had two weeks before, but we really didn’t care, as the most important things to us were the ability to keep our dogs with us and get a good night’s sleep. It was the good night’s sleep that ended us being elusive. This room is apparently usually used for meetings and not normally assigned to overnight guests (as per the desk clerk the next morning). We had a horrible night’s rest in this room. The walls are paper-thin and there are two connecting doors to the room adjacent, through which we could hear the television and every single sound made by the couple in that room. Additionally, we constantly heard the horribly loud ice machine and the doors leading to the exterior of both sides of the building, as well as conversations in the hall and the lobby. By the time we started enduring this and not getting any sleep, we had already unpacked and the dogs were settled down, so we decided to “tough it out” and not ask to be moved; this was our mistake, as we ended up getting hardly any sleep that night.
When we mentioned this to the desk clerk the next morning upon checkout, she didn’t seem surprised and in fact stated that the room is usually not given out to overnight guests. When I asked why it was given to us, she responded with “I don’t know…I guess we were full.” We checked into the hotel around 12 noon on the 25th, so we couldn’t have been the last guests to arrive that day.
I wrote to the manager of the hotel after our return home, not really expecting any response, but was very pleasantly surprised: not only did she respond, and thank us for our "candid" comments, but she credited the price of the stay back to my credit card! This was greatly appreciated, especially in this day and age of poor customer service being the norm. This manager's willingness to stand behind her product and make things right reinforced my loyalty to the Hilton chain. I will definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Hampton Inn Savannah I-95 North hotel is located just outside of Savannah in Port Wentworth, GA. Our hotel is near Savannah Airport and offers easy access to all downtown Savannah attractions. Enjoy our comfortable amenities like our free hot breakfast and free wi-fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Hotwire so you can book your Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95 North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Savannah - i-95 North Hotel Port Wentworth
- Hampton Inn Port Wentworth
- Port Wentworth Hampton Inn