“Will definitely stay here again!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95 North

You added Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95 North to your Saves list
Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95 North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   7050 Highway 21, I-95 and Hwy 21 - Exit 109, Port Wentworth, GA 31407   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save Up to 15% Book Early
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Severn, Maryland
“Will definitely stay here again!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

My wife and I stayed, with our two dogs, at the Hampton Inn Savannah I-95 North for one night from 11-12 March 2011. We were very happy with both our room and our stay. The staff was very nice, allowing us to check-in a little early; even greeting us with small gift packages of dog treats for our canine friends. We had a good night’s sleep and a very nice breakfast at the hotel. We very much appreciate the hotel’s welcoming of travelers with well-behaved pets, at no additional charge. We then stayed at the same hotel again, for one night, from 25-26 March 2011, and had a very, very different experience. Let me say first that the staff was once again very friendly and welcoming to our dogs and us. The problem was with the room itself. We were put in room #126 (or possibly 127?), which was the “Oglethorpe” room. We noted that the room seemed smaller than what we had two weeks before, but we really didn’t care, as the most important things to us were the ability to keep our dogs with us and get a good night’s sleep. It was the good night’s sleep that ended us being elusive. This room is apparently usually used for meetings and not normally assigned to overnight guests (as per the desk clerk the next morning). We had a horrible night’s rest in this room. The walls are paper-thin and there are two connecting doors to the room adjacent, through which we could hear the television and every single sound made by the couple in that room. Additionally, we constantly heard the horribly loud ice machine and the doors leading to the exterior of both sides of the building, as well as conversations in the hall and the lobby. By the time we started enduring this and not getting any sleep, we had already unpacked and the dogs were settled down, so we decided to “tough it out” and not ask to be moved; this was our mistake, as we ended up getting hardly any sleep that night.
When we mentioned this to the desk clerk the next morning upon checkout, she didn’t seem surprised and in fact stated that the room is usually not given out to overnight guests. When I asked why it was given to us, she responded with “I don’t know…I guess we were full.” We checked into the hotel around 12 noon on the 25th, so we couldn’t have been the last guests to arrive that day.
I wrote to the manager of the hotel after our return home, not really expecting any response, but was very pleasantly surprised: not only did she respond, and thank us for our "candid" comments, but she credited the price of the stay back to my credit card! This was greatly appreciated, especially in this day and age of poor customer service being the norm. This manager's willingness to stand behind her product and make things right reinforced my loyalty to the Hilton chain. I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Book early if you need a pet room...they fill up fast!
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
hamptonhotelmanager, General Manager at Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95 North, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
Thank you so much for your review of the hotel! We are in the process of changing the room layout of the particular room that you stayed in, and your wonderful comments helped us to make the final decisions on that! I hope that you will stop by and see us again on your next visit to the Savannah area, and please bring your dogs for another visit! Thanks again!
Jennifer Kovacs

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

This was a very nice Hampton Inn. The lady that checked us in was extremely friendly! We were very comfortable there, the room was nice and clean, and the breakfast was very good. I highly recommend this hotel!

Northern NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on a road trip from NJ to Florida last week and it was perfect. We needed a pet friendly hotel, but we are extremely particular about the level of cleanliness. Hamptons are usually a safe bet, but I was a bit nervous because we have never before stayed in a pet friendly hotel. My fear was that you would know it as soon as you walked into the room. What we found was a breath of fresh air.... literally. The room was immaculate (not a term I use lightly). There was no evidence of prior guests of either the two or four legged variety. The carpets appeared new and the bathroom was pristine. The beds were quite comfortable and the complimentary breakfast in morning was your standard fare- waffles, bagels, Danish, cereal & fruit, but it was exactly what we needed to eat and run. The hotel has an outdoor pool that basically sits in the parking lot, but some creative landscaping allows you to ignore that fact when you are splashing around. Overall, it was a perfect place to rest your head at the end of the day.

Room Tip: If you are a person who wants to retire early, ask for a room away from the swimming pool.
north carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

I had to spend 3 nights unexpectedly here due to a bus breakdown that had to be fixed across the street at Freightliner Savannah. The Hotel had a sheet on the bulletin board at Freightliner Drivers Lounge at a special rate. I called and they had a courtesy van come pick me up with all my luggage. Carrie was very nice about coming to pick me up fast and running me across the highway to the Pilot and I did not feel like crossing it and it was hot there.
The room was a King Accessible which means you have a roll in shower, larger bathroom and a phone in the bathroom next to the toilet. It was on a nonsmoking floor, thank goodness. This hotel does accommodate pets and smokers. I did not smell any smoke on the 1st floor.
There is a pool and hot tub outdoors. The fitness center is only 2 treadmills and a cross trainer by Precor. Very small room. Decent business center.
Great Comp breakfast in the morning from 6-10 am. I just wish the TV channel selection was better for more cable channels. Not a fan of Lodgenet. The Flat panel TV in room was nice but annoying to turn on and cut off. For Dinner delivery options, you are limited.
Domino's Pizza or Pizza Hut for Pizza. Chinese delivery is a $15 minimum. Ideal for a couple or Family. Wifi worked great with iPod touch.
Just off I95 and great for a quick overnite and a spacious parking lot.
Downtown Savannah is 30 miles east of Hotel.
A thank you to the folks for giving me a late check out and helping me out during my stay.
Will recommend.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Chesterfield, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

We were looking for a good, clean (no bed bugs) place to spend the night and that's what we got. The room was nice and comfortable. The price was reasonable. The proximity to I-95 was great. My kids enjoyed the chocolate chip cookies and the pool. I thought the continental breakfast was better than average. I was not impressed with the local options for dinner but can't really hold that against the hotel.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

I cannot say enough good things about this hotel and its staff! Housekeeping is just awesome here... so friendly and personable. They are spot on with the cleaning/maintenance. We had to request a chair be removed from the room (traveling w/ a pack n play) and everyone was super pleasant about it. The breakfast is amazing (try the cheese omelette) and really fresh. The servers are constantly replenishing the dishes and beverages. The front desk staff have been very friendly and helpful too, willing to give recommendations of restaurants, entertainment, etc. The pool is pretty and well-maintained. Rooms are a decent size and just have that clean, fresh feeling. We've stayed at other hotels in the area OFTEN and this place is a luxurious palace compared to those! Bathrooms are bigger than average and in good working order.

Staff provides lemonade, ice water, cookies, and popcorn in the evening. Delicious! Don't miss the chocolate cookies w/ a little glass of icy cold lemonade... yum!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2011

We have always enjoyed staying at Hampton Inns and this was no exception. The room was up to date and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast was good.
Location is very convenient to I-95 and about 10 miles from historic Savannah.

(There aren't a lot of restaurants in the immediate vicinity. A staff member recommended the Island Grill up the road; we weren't impressed...it was just ok.)

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Savannah - I-95 North? Share your experiences!