“Older” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 11 hotels in Port Wentworth
“Older”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Older And a bit rundown but the price was right. Perhaps if they upgraded the rooms it wouldn't be so bad. The top floor all the rooms are basically from the 1980s downstairs is the same except with flatscreen TV. If you have anyone above you you won't sleep at all. A lot of construction work is use this hotel while they're away working.

• Stayed April 2013
Paresh P, General Manager at Sleep Inn I 95 North Savannah, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We appreciate all our guests comments. We just recently completed the Choice Hotels International recommended "Dream to Design" renovations through out our Hotel, we still have minor work that needs attention, which we have begun like replacing the older model Television's, with the newer Flat Screen TV's. I hope that you will still stop by and see us again on your next visit to the Savannah area.

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Sunshine NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Front desk at check in friendly gave us suggestions on where to eat. The room it self needed a good cleaning - carpet - dusting - etc . our window that faced the parking lot hadnt been cleand in awhile. This was a pet friendly room. We found in our travels some pet friendly hotels arent kept as clean.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Paresh P, General Manager at Sleep Inn I 95 North Savannah, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you very much for your recent stay and for taking the time to post your candid comments. i wish to assure you that we have noted your concerns and will bring this up with our cleaning staff. We hope we will continue to host you and your family on all your upcoming trips to the Savannah area.
Stockbridge, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

I visit Port Wentworth every month. And when I'm booking I always book with Sleep Inn. This is the best hotel so far. The rooms are always clean, comfortable beds, and nice workers. This place makes me feel like I'm home. Housekeeping make sure you have everything you need. The only problem I had during my stays is they have bad INTERNET SERVICE and if you have sprint this is not the place to be, because your phone only works outside. I will most definitely recommend this hotel anyone that stops in Port Wentworth. I will be returning 03/26/13

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your great comments about your recent stay with us. I'm glad we were able to exceed your expectations, in regard to our Internet service i wish to inform you that we have recently updated our internet router and have a uniform signal through out the hotel. we always look forward to serving you on your monthly visits to Port Wentworth, GA.
Lakefield, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Totally out of frustration we pulled into a chain we did not know and even a place for the puppy. What a clean newly renovated not advertised as such but the rugs smelled new the paint looked new and the room we were in and the lobby were all in the new sleep in new image colors of a peaceful , dreamy green and white. The Kingsize and the room were perfect. Breakfast was as great for a freebie hot pancakes , coffee ,yogurt ,cereal and all. Staff very friendly. and we had a coupon for $49 , without any prompting the gentleman who checked us in, took it upon himself when we said we had a little dog, that the standard dog rate of $10.00 would have to be charged ( and we have paid up to 30 dollars for Ozzi) , But he said he would drop the room rate to $ 39.00 so total with Oz $49.......WHAT!! Yes a man who knows how to make a customer come back. This motel is just north of Savannah Georgia just off the I 95 with lots of great eats and a little shopping with 1/2 mile. love this place. I don't give out four stars easy..... So come and enjoy and if it works as well for you leave me a helpful vote so I know I helped you with your decision... Thanks and enjoy this choice

Room Tip: room 126 for you and puppy !!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Paresh P, General Manager at Sleep Inn I 95 North Savannah, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind review! We are so happy to have guests that take the time to let us know how we are doing. it lets us know that we are taking good care of all our guests - even the four legged ones!! We hope we will continue to host you and your family on all your upcoming trips to the Savannah area.
Trenton, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stopped hereon our way to Florida. We found a coupon at the rest area prior to stopping. The clerk let us check out the room prior to checking in and I was pleasantly surprised how clean the room was. We were so pleased with the room and price that we stopped there on our return trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Paresh P, General Manager at Sleep Inn I 95 North Savannah, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We are so happy to have guests that take the time to let us know how we are doing. I hope that we will be your regular stop on your next trip through the Savannah area! Thank you once again!
Ljubljana, Slovenia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Arriving at the front desk, the front desk clerk in a stained and washed out T-shirt was just looking at us. She didn't say hi or anything at all. It was that "do you really need to bother me now" look on her face.

So I took my chances and told her we had a reservation, after which she even uttered "name". Wow, she could actually speak. I told my name and extended my hand with my Choice Privileges card in it (as I'm from Europe I guess my name is not easily understood, so it helps if the clerk sees it written), which she ignored. A minute has passed while she was starring at the screen after which she replies "You know what, your room is not ready yet". It was in the middle of the week and there were literally just a few cars parked in front of the hotel, so I was kind of surprised and asked how come. She then read aloud "Quiet top floor room away from vending or stairs," (which was the request in my reservation) and started laughing "this is what you want"? As if I was requesting a few pink elephants with ice cream in my room. That was the point at which I was starting to loose my patience, so I gave the lady a serious look and asked her if they only had ONE room in the hotel that matches my request. She must have sensed I was not pleased with her attitude and behaviour as she then got a bit more professional, assigned me a room that was actually ready and gave me the keys. Very bad.

The room was better than the front desk attitude. It was spacious, in good shape, but rather dusty. The breakfast the next morning was fine and the check-out (with a different clerk) too.

It would have been an average, good stay if it had not been for the unacceptable behaviour of the check-in clerk.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Paresh P, General Manager at Sleep Inn I 95 North Savannah, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review regarding your stay with us.

I am very sorry for the unprofessional reception you received during your check in. This is not the type of experience we want our guests to have, and i wish to assure you that this is not typical and is unacceptable. I have directly addressed your concerns with the agent involved, and we will work to ensure that this does not occur in the future.

We are fully committed to exceeding your expectations and hope that you will give our hotel another chance to earn your business in the future.
Titusville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed at this hotel once before, booked it again three months ago but when I arrived they were remodelng. The desk clerk was very helpful and assisted we with arranging a stay at another Sleep INN at the next exit. This stay was very nice, the room was remodeled, the paint was fresh, the furnishings in excellant condition and the bed most comfortable. These rooms are on the small side, when you add a king size bed they shrink quickly. That said, I was very satisified with my stay, the room was clean, the bed very comfortable, the appliances functional and the internet speed acceptable. I did not care for the one cup coffee maker but that would not keep me from staying here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Paresh P, General Manager at Sleep Inn I 95 North Savannah, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We appreciate your great comments regarding the staff and our recent remodel at the Hotel. We are very honoured that you use the Sleep Inn for your stay in the Savannah area, and look forward to being of service to you on your travels to this area again. Thank you once again!

Been to Sleep Inn I 95 North Savannah? Share your experiences!