“Nice renovation ~ Very poor internet service in the room” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #5 of 11 hotels in Port Wentworth
PA
“Nice renovation ~ Very poor internet service in the room”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed at this hotel a few weeks ago on our way from PA to FL. We stayed one night.

They re-did the room we were in and it was more modern. The beds were comfortable and the TV worked fine. The A/C worked great and the halls were quiet. There were FOUR plugs by the desk which was wonderful for all our chargers.

Reception was helpful and nice. Breakfast was a regular continental style but tasted good.

Our one complain and the reason we would not stay again was the "in room internet". We stayed at a room on the first floor. The internet would literally time out again and again. We had to take the lap top to the main lobby which was a real pain. I have an on-line business and count on in room internet. Our cell phone also did not work in the room (we have Sprint). My husband had to leave the hotel and go outside to call his elderly father.

Room Tip: Stay close to the lobby. Perhaps you will have working internet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Paresh P, General Manager at Sleep Inn I 95 North Savannah, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Thank you for choosing to stay with the Sleep Inn - Port Wentworth during your trip.

We are truly sorry that you had problems with our internet service, after your concern, we immediately contacted our Internet service vendor and had them reset all the equipment at the hotel. After the reset we have personally verified that the service is functioning, as intended through out the hotel.

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and strive to remedy all issues in a timely manner for our guests. Thank you so much for taking the time to write, and we sincerly hope that we will see you on your next trip to the Savannah area.

73 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Bishopville, South Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Had reservations,first under heavy construction all over hotel , were told no bathrooms available in lobby,,got up to room, there was a guy sitting in the hall with 2 beers,we made it to our room.. furniture was old and worn out i was afraid to sit in the chair ?? nasty, the bed looked like it had been slept in the covers just pulled back up got to the bathroom, 3 or 4 roaches in sink and bathtub.. called down stairs told them about roaches she was very nice and moved us to a room down the hall. Went in and there were only 2 roaches there, furniture just as bad and had a bad odor and a/c not cooling. ?? Called the front desk again, she was nice and told me she would tear up the registration form and i would not be charged, I shpuld hope not,, Went down the street got a nice room for $20 more, told them of our experience,, they said that choice hotels had removed that Sleep Inn off of their list because of all the problems customers were having but had put it back on shortly after ?? Be Aware..

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Port Wentworth hotels

Ormond Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We are stone cold Sleep Inn fans, so let me tell you how upset I was after this last night's stay.

We made a poor hotel choice earlier to save money, and opted out quickly to run to our beloved Sleep Inn. We called Karen a lovely front desk employee who assured us there was room to run over after our harrowing experience. We had a wonderful night and Karen provided up to date information on the area's best hotels. We were glad to be home!

In the morning we went to check out, and there was some discrepancies to say the least. First of all we were told that we were only charged for one dog and and should have been charged for two. Imagine, like we lied about how many pets we had as we WALKED through the front door. Apparently the "Manager" or the owners wife crept around looking to ensure every last dime was being charged and made note on our bill despite what we were orginally charged. We didn't ask for any fringe benefits.

Then I was handed a bill that had a two night stay. I was confused and stated this was not my bill. The new employee Angel, was very sweet and helpful, but went to the back to ask the owner about the issue. The owner, speaking very little English, came out and asked me what room I stayed in. I told him 233, but explained this is not my bill and I am being charged for two nghts. He stated, "You were in 233? This is your bill."

Then he proceeded to tell me I made a third party reservation. I explained that I only frequent this Choice Hotel website and assured him my name is ALWAYS on the bill.

"No, this is your bill. You stayed two nights," he retorted.

"I did not stay two nights!" I explained. I even began to show him my previous night's stay at another hotel.

He didn't care. "This is your room, you stayed two nights, you must go to website and clear up."

He wouldn't give me my itemized bill, stating I would have to take it up with the third party website. How awful! Then he just waved me off like some flea he was brushing off his desk.

He was rude arrogant, and spoke broken English not caring that my card was being charged for a stay with a man's name I didn't even know. Clearly, these individuals should not be running a hotel. Public Relations are a must in this type of hospitaltity business. Getting a client in on a price of enticement and then deciding to pull the plug is clearly unconsitutional. I will never stay here again. I've never been treated like this by ANY Sleep Inn.

After several calls back, they found THEIR ERROR. Can you imagine? Treating a customer this way? Don't go here unless you you can speak Indian. Maybe you would have an easier time explaining.

Room Tip: Don't go on the second floor. We had taken the dolly out to the car, unloaded all our stuff and...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

We arrived at the hotel on friday and were greeted by a friendly staff member. The hotel was under construction but that didnt affect our stay at all. The hotel was clean and quite and the same went for our room. The hotel was also pet friendly but I didnt hear any barking. the hotel was great for the price but was about 15-20 from savannah

• Stayed July 2012
Fountain Hills, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

This hotel was terrible! When I arrived, the employees were taking a smoke break in front of the hotel. The room I stayed in was too small, so I had to move the chair around just so I could walk around the room. The bathroom door was difficult and could not lock. The TV was in low quality. The ironing board would not open completely. There were also cockroaches in the room. The decor of the room was VERY old. It's not the 70's anymore!!! The sheets looked like someone burned a cigarette through it, was itchy, and also smelled. The breakfast was disgusting. The muffins and bagels looked like they had been there a while. I ended up eating at a waffle house down the street. All in all, I would have given this hotel 0 out of five.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

This hotel taught me a lesson: make sure there's an elevator before you book a stay. Because we are seniors and cannot haul our luggage up stairs, our personal preference is a room to which we can back up our car and unload our luggage. This hotel has no elevator and all the rooms open onto a central hall. When we checked in (King room), we were assigned to the second floor. When I realized there was no elevator, I knew we were in big trouble. I asked if we could be reassigned to a first floor room. The desk clerk said she did not have a King available on the first floor. The only room she had was a Queen with no refrigerator. Being past the cancellation deadline, we accepted it not realizing it was next to the laundry. Between the laundry running during the night and whatever was going on in the room overhead, we didn't get much sleep. The room was so small, we had to move the chair around to move about the room. The bed lamp didn't work. There was a short in the wall switch by the door. Breakfast was a disaster. There were no forks and (I know you won't believe it) NO COFFEE OR HOT WATER for tea! The desk clerk said the kitchen person has not shown up for work. (Wait a minute....can the desk clerk not make coffee or brew hot water?) At checkout when I mentioned all this to the new desk clerk, he reduced our room rate -- still overpriced.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1,404 reviews 1,404 reviews
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

This hotel is (super) over run. Our room had a strange smell but the worse was that one of the ladies that works there invited family/friends to a BBQ! They were preparing fish in the breakfast area, yelling and acting like they were at home. After they prepared the fish, they left without cleaning anything.
And if this wasn't enough, our room was next to the BBQ!
The breakfast was awful, check my photos.
If I could I would give 0 star. This place is disgusting.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sleep Inn I 95 North Savannah? Share your experiences!