“southern hospitality at its best” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Bristol, Virginia
“southern hospitality at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stayed here on our way to Florida and were very pleased. Hotel was very clean and employees very friendly and helpful, especially Iris, who worked in the evening and went out of her way to help me download some info we would need the following day. Great restaurant right next door.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Comfort_Suites466, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for taking time to post your views about our hotel we highly appriciate it.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Brentwood, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Upon arrival the room TV was already set for Fox News. The TV's in the breakfast area were on Fox News. Could this be why the motel is first class? Very clean, new, and we were next to the elevator and ice machine and never heard a sound all night. One of the best rooms and best values we have ever experienced while traveling. Good, clean breakfast area and far enough from the highway to have complete quiet. Of course we can speak only for room 235, but everything we saw here screamed welcome and come back soon.

Room Tip: If you choose to eat at Sweet Tea next door, share the chicken fried steak. It is way too much for...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Comfort_Suites466, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
thanks you for taking time to post your veiws about over hotel, we appriciate your comments.
east Tn.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

After reading the managers response to the guests using the motel as a "kennel" . How many of you travelers have dogs? And most motels allow pets to stay UNATTENDED. We always give our cell number to front desk , ask them to call if dogs bark. And yes we have a "barkey dog" but I bought a bark collar, when I put on dog will not bark at all, stay 20 plus nights a year, never had a call on our barkey dog! May be this manager lacks people or guest skills, my opinion from his responses? In all may years of traveling with dogs only ran into one motel, that you can't leave pet unattended. I asked what are we supposed to do about going to breakfast? I was told leave one adult or kid in room, while others go to breakfast , we did not stay at that motel.. Most travelers that have barkey dogs leave them at KENNELS I have been told.

Room Tip: again this is from one dog owner to others.
Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Comfort_Suites466, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
everybody is not nice like you who buys the barking collar so others don't get disturbed. We made this only after a bad experience, we don't mind leaving the dog for few minutes to eat breakfast or some other reason while the guest is in the hotel but we don't want pepple leaving the dog for all day, use us as a kennel and the dog is braking all day disturbing others.
Savannah, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

**Beware** During the past 3 years, I have stayed approximately 300 nights at various choice hotels (primarily Comfort inn). 98% of the time, I have a great experience. Unfortunately, my wife and I had the worse experience we have ever had at a hotel. The manager (Steve) is seriously lacking in the customer service area. He was rude to my wife and also lied to us about it being against the law to leave our pets in our vehicle overnight (weather was about 68 degrees). We reluctantly paid the pet deposit even though he told us about his "pet friendly" policy (believing that was standard policy with all hotels in this area). The policy being that pets are not allowed to be left alone in our hotel room. What? That is not pet friendly, but we checked in thinking we had no choice. Within one hour, I called local police and they told me that it was not against the law to leave a pet in the car so long as it did not endanger the pet. (We love our pets and would never jeopardize their lives). We immediately returned to the hotel (we had headed out to the beach, but immediately returned to the hotel after I spoke to the police department). I checked out within an hour of checking in (without ever using the two rooms we had checked into). This guy lied to me in order to get the pet deposit and offered the worse pet friendly policy I have ever seen. This all happen between 1:30pm and 2:30pm (2 hours before my cancellation deadline). In fact, had he been truthful to us we would have cancelled our reservation and gone to another hotel and/or simply refused to pay the pet deposit for this "pet friendly" hotel. Out of principal, I was not going to hand this liar my money. After we left the hotel, Choice Rewards informed us that Steve was refusing to refund the 40,000 points that we had paid for the 2 rooms for 2 nights. He told Choice that I had yelled at him and that my wife had cursed him. More lies. So, not only is this guy a liar, he is also a thief for taking our 40,000 points without providing any services to us. **Beware** I cannot stress this enough. When we finally arrived at the beach, I was shocked to meet up with a man that had experienced a similar situation with Steve two nights before! And then our friend (who came out to the beach two days earlier) stated that they check out of that specific hotel the day before because Steve (the same manager we dealt with) was requiring them to sign out towels for the swimming area because "they were low on towels". Our friends said that Steve made them feel like thieves. I have been a loyal customer to Choice International for over 5 years. I am a Diamond level member. But I will quit them immediately if they ultimately refuse to give my points back (I had to file a formal complaint with them). If they decide to support a liar and a thief, I will take my business elsewhere. I will warn anybody and everybody about this hotel. In fact, I like the idea of posting a youtube video about my experience. Both my daughters play the guitar. I am seriously contemplating this.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Comfort_Suites466, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
this person cked in only because we are a pet friendly hotel his definition of pet friendly is he can a kennel he wanted to leave the dogs in the room we are a hotel not a kennel, because we did not allow him to leave the dogs unattended his wife called and used F words with steve and 2 hrs later he came back and and yelled and screamed at steve and cked out since he use room for 2 hrs since his wife used F words since he yelled at steve do you think he should get his point back i let be the judge. He is not worried about next door guest who might get disturbed with dog barking he is a selfish man.
NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

At time of check-in, I realized that I have been to this property in past. In a friendly way, I mentioned it to front-desk personnel. The staff identified me and said that you were here and you posted a "compliant" on Tripadvisor.com. First, I thought he was mistaken. I requested him to work on reservation and provide keys so I can check-in. But as I was not acknowledging any previous compliant, he continued to remind me what I wrote in compliant and what management responded.

I was least interested in knowing history and insisted to work on my reservation and provide room. But the front-desk personnel continued to remind me about Tripadvisor review.

This was very irritating as I was standing at the front-desk with my family, waiting to check-in; whereas staff is continuously trying to convince me that I posted a compliant on tripadvisor.com!

The conversation goes like “Me: Even if I had logged a compliant due to any reason, honestly speaking I don’t remember it. But at the moment, I would like you to work on my reservation. I need room keys so my family can go inside”. But the front-desk person was not on the same page and was still talking about tripadvisor and how wrong I was! Duhhhhhhhhhhhh!

And after getting down with tripadvisor and realizing that I really want to check-in; he goes like “Sorry I don’t have any room available”. I was like “excuse me, I made reservation online. What do you mean?”

He apologized and said he thought that I came to discuss my compliant with him (The compliant that I don’t remember at all… unbelievable!). I decided to move-on.. as I though probably staff took my compliant pesonnally…

Finally, I checked-in. In the room, I heard the door knock and found that same front-desk staff was standing in front with a handout of my tripadvisor complaint. That was a terrible experience and I felt extremely unwelcome at that hotel.

Later I found that YES, I stayed at that properly in past and posted a negative review. Management response was terrible and their justifications were completely false. I have literary flagged this hotel now. I will avoid this hotel while passing through Savannah.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Comfort_Suites466, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
apperently he likes over hotel that why he keeps making reservetion with us. He wanted check in early and we were full the night before and we had no rooms availableat the time and was told to have a seat and we will accomdate you as sson as we can over ck in time is 3.00 pm like other hotels and was able to ck him in early.
charlotte
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

My only grievance is that there were random strands of hair that were found on "clean towels" upon entering the room. It's disgusting. Also when found left on the floor & in the bathtub. Other than that the beds were made and carpet appeared to be clean. Bottom line is that no one should have to put up with a dirty bathroom when traveling.

• Stayed July 2013
Comfort_Suites466, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about over hotel.

Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I choose this Comfort Suites over other Choice hotels in the area because of the reviews. I was not disappointed. We were traveling for the D.C area and needed a hotel for the night before heading on to Florida. The rooms are big with a sitting area, nice for a family of 4. I would definitely stay again on our next trip to Florida.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Comfort_Suites466, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
thanks for takeing time to post your veiws about our hotel we appriciate it.

Been to Comfort Suites? Share your experiences!