“Very Good for the price.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at Mulberry Grove

You added Inn at Mulberry Grove to your Saves list
Inn at Mulberry Grove
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   101 O'Leary Road, GA Highway 21 @ Interstate 95 Exit 109, Port Wentworth, GA 31407   |
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Very Good for the price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I was quite pleased with this hotel. The staff were friendly, the rooms clean and breakfast was good. We stayed 2 nights and rested well. I saw other reviews that complained about the noise but I heard none. I would book this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We were driving from DC to Miami and needed a place to stop and rest midway. Close to I-95 was my husband's requirement. I'm not really the type to just stop without checking reviews. Maybe I should be more adventurous in that area, but when it comes to laying my body on a strange bed, I need to know that there are no unwelcomed guests in the bed with me.

I did not want to spend a lot of cash for an 8 hour stay, so while my husband drove, I searched for a place. I found the Inn at Mulberry Grove on Orbitz for freakin' $39. I didn't even know that those rates still existed. I then looked for reviews and found them all split. Some hated and some really liked. Although the good outweighed the bad. At this point, I had already given myself a headache, so I just booked. I kept second guessing my choice and imagining some kind of Bates Motel.

We arrived a little after 11PM. The girl at the front desk was friendly and checked us in quickly. I still don't understand the concept of giving you the remote control for the TV at check-in though.

We were given a first floor room that was off to the side. The room was very clean and smelled fresh. The beds were comfortable and the linens were clean. My bug check turned up negative. The bathroom is small but adequate. We did not hear any noise from the highway until around 7AM. Even then it wasn't so bad, and I'm a very light sleeper.

Breakfast was more than adequate for the price paid. They had sausages, biscuits, gravy, grits, waffles, cereal, juice, coffee & tea. There may have been other options but I don't remember.

Yes, it's a motel but I wish all motels along I-95 were like this one. It would make our road trips more bearable for me.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Douglasville, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We chose this motel as a part of a package deal and thought we were getting a deal, but like the old saying goes, "You get what you pay for." Although, the package was very good and included great activities, we could not get past this motel. I neglected to read the reviews & view the photos (travelers) until it was too late.

We were meeting another couple there; I booked the package for them also, needless to say I was very embarrassed when we all arrived simultaneously. The stench in the air was unbearable, and it was next to an unsightly wooded area. The rooms were dark and dingy, and not very clean. They were small rooms and didn't allow much for privacy. Needless to say my friends were disappointed too. That next morning we all met up in the lobby area, also the breakfast area. My friends were so unhappy with this place, they booked two suites at the Holiday Inn, and we all checked out that afternoon; we paid for a four night stay, but we were willing to take a loss. When we read these great reviews for this Inn we are flabbergasted!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband I planned to stop over in Savannah en route to Florida and stumbled across this quaint inn outside of downtown Savannah. The prices were incredible and the rooms were just remodeled earlier this year, to our pleasant surprise. The rooms were very clean and modernized with beautiful Southern style furniture and comfortable beds. The breakfast buffet in the morning was absolutely delicious, offering homemade biscuits and gravy in addition to other tasty options. The owner of the hotel was working the breakfast buffet and was very gracious and polite. We would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great deal and pleasant experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Cranston, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Clean, comfortable and a short drive into Savannah, Be sure to get a room in the rear of the building as it is on a very busy 24 hour truck route. Nice granite countertop in the bathroom and tub surround. Continental breakfast is adequate. Staff is very helpful. There is a refrigerator in the room but no microwave. One is available in the lobby if you request one.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Martin, ky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We stayed here the first week in April with our high school seniors for their senior trip. The rooms were very nice and clean, a lot better than I was anticipating for the price. The breakfast was also great, and a nice feature when trying to feed multiple teenagers on a budget. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly. Though not in downtown Savannah, the drive wasn't bad to get to where we needed to go. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Big Sur, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Remember the price you paid for this room,however, do bring ear plugs! The staff was friendly. The location is in a busy,noisy area but it is relatively close to historic Savannah. If you bring ear plugs you should be able to get a decent night's sleep. Yes, it did provide free wifi and that was nice.

Room Tip: Just bring ear plugs and I think you will make it through the night.