“Intended to overlook things until the problem with the bill” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Savannah I-95 North

You added Wingate by Wyndham Savannah I-95 North to your Saves list
Wingate by Wyndham Savannah I-95 North
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   115 O'Leary Road, Interstate 95 at Exit 109, Port Wentworth, GA 31407   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Port Wentworth
ky_dutch
“Intended to overlook things until the problem with the bill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We called this hotel around 4 in the afternoon after finding it online. I asked about availability and was told a room with two beds and a cot (for 5 people) would be held for us. I called back around 7 as we were caught in traffic and was assured our room and cot was being held. We finally arrived, beyond dog-tired around 10 pm. My husband was told the room we were promised was given to someone else but we were being upgraded to a mini suite. King sized bed and fold out couch- sleeps up to FOUR.
We thought we could sleep on the fold out and give our three teen girls the king until we saw the sway in the fold out. I had to go get blankets and sheets for the couch as there were none in the room. It didn't occur to me to check the towels... there were two. We used our beach towels in the morning.
The oldest daughter kind of slept on the chair. The others tried to sleep on the couch. The king bed was fine. We noticed the white spackle goo in the carpet and the patches on the walls. We noticed some other things that made us wonder if the room was under renovation but we were so tired, we just didn't care.
In the morning, the breakfast buffet was okay.
What wasn't okay was our bill. We were quoted around $75 after discounts for the room and cot which was supposed to be held for us. Our "upgrade" was $114. I have been upgraded before and the price was always what was quoted initially. The person at the front desk told us the room was normally $130 and we should be happy with the $114. She said we would have to talk to the manager if we had a problem.
Over the course of the week, I called three times and left a message for the manager. I finally caught her 6 days after our stay. She claimed no one gave her any messages. She also seemed to remember us very well as she was the person at the desk when my husband checked in. She said my husband seemed happy with the upgrade. She gave me the same story as the check out person... that we were getting a great deal at $114. She blamed the person who quoted us on the phone. She blamed "those travel websites." When I explained I got the price from the Wyndam website, she told me she could charge whatever she wants for a room and did not have to honor the Wyndam website price since we had not booked online. (We would have but the guy told us it wasn't neccessary.) She offered to refund me $14 but I insisted that the price we were told be the price we should pay. The room was not an upgrade. It was not clean or stocked. My daughter slept in a chair that had candy wrappers in and under it. She finally agreed to talk to the clerk she had blamed for quoting us "the wrong price" and refunding the difference. She said she would be in touch. Hmm, a month has gone by.
I would not suggest staying at this location. Based on my experience, it seems that travelers are seen as fair game. I believe we were victims of bait and switch. This is not about the money.
It is just wrong to tell someone they have a room that will fit their needs then substitute an inadequate room and charge $39 more than was quoted.
I know this is not the normal Wingate quality standards.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tamika B, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Savannah I-95 North, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on behalf of your stay here at the Wingate by Wyndham Savannah North. I do apologize for any inconvience this may have caused you. However the amount refunded was approve by you and corporate office, if you don't think the amount is fair please give me a call. I like to make sure our guests are happy and satisfied. We are here to provide a service and to make sure every guests enjoys their stay so they will return. Please give me a call at (912) 964-0840 or email me at wingategm@ymail.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is the first Wingate that we have stayed in that was not clean and in good repair. The carpet in the hall was our first clue with stains and dust bunnies from the moment we stepped off the elevator all the way to our room. The bathtub was dirty, the toilet was loose, the bathroom woodwork was rotted and nasty. The bedding was not the usual comfortable bedding that one finds in the Wingate properties. Very disappointed with this property. I have always trusted the Wingate name. This property definitely changed that.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Tamika B, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Savannah I-95 North, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank You for taking the time to submit a review on behalf of your stay here at the Wingate by Wyndham Savannah North. I do apologize for your stay being anything less than perfect. After checking through our pass along I didn't find any guests compalints to what was stated in this review. I would like if you would please contact me so that I can make amends. I want every guest to leave happy and full with the service and the quality that they expected when the Wingate was the property of their choice. We appreciate your business and we value you as a customer. I would love for you to return. Please contact me

Tamika Brightwell
wingategm@ymail.com
(912)964-0840
Clearwater
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

The staff, specifically Jennifer Ryan, were wonderful. The hotel is pet friendly, so you may find a few imperfections in the carpets, but we were very pleased by being able to have our puppy in the dinng room ( on a leash). Great staff and nice breakfast, rooms more spacious than some in this price range too.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Tamika B, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Savannah I-95 North, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review on behalf of your stay here at the Wingate by Wyndham Savannah North. We value your thoughts and we appreciate your business. We love to make sure our guests feel welcomed from the moment you walk thru the door. Thanks for staying and please come again.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

Room was dirty (multiple stains on carpet, sticky desk surface) but bathroom was worst. Peeling paint, mildew, cracked floor tiles with crumbling grout and the toilet rocked back and forth when you sat down. Not the level of cleanliness or comfort that I expect from a wingate. :(

• Stayed December 2012
Tamika B, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Savannah I-95 North, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Thank You for taking the time to submit a review on behalf of your stay here at the Wingate By Wyndham Savannah North. I do apologize for your stay being anything less that wonderful. We are currently under renovations, due to having a full house our renovations have been a little stop and go. Over the next 2 months the renovations will be completed carpet will be replace and pool will be built. I would love it if you would return and give us a second to Woo you Wingate style. Your thoughts are very important to us and we appreciate our business. Feel free to call me anytime.

Tamika Brightwell
912-964-0840

Been to Wingate by Wyndham Savannah I-95 North? Share your experiences!