“Quite disappointing” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 11 hotels in Port Wentworth
York, United Kingdom
“Quite disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

The room was very small and there was too much furniture in it. Once we've put our 2 suitcases in the room, there was literarly no space to walk around. Bathroom was very run down and towels smelled badly. Breakfast was ok. Staff was nice.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2010 via mobile

Ill sum it up in 2 words. DON'T GO. heater broke, bethroom light was twitchy. Small tv pillows were dirty, batteries to tv remote were dead. Small TV, alarm was broken, chain lock was broken, only acceptable aspect was that the beds were comfortable. DONT GO lol.

• Stayed November 2010
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2010

People say you get what pay for, sure. But, there are some things that a hotel MUST have. Like cleanliness, and people giving you polite service, and things properly working. And there are things that a hotel should NOT have: like dirt, and torn bed spreads, and leaky gutters, and attitude. Savannah Inn does it all wrong. Horrible experience - I felt scared the entire night, the maid looked INTO my room through the window, I felt people were coming in through the door that barely locked. AND the "included breakfast" HAHA - Bagels, Apples, Coffee, and that is about it. Horrible experience.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Fort Thomas, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

After my horrendous ordeal with Days Inn Airport (which I wrote a review about on trip advisor), I switched hotels to Savannah Inn (which I'm currently still residing until the end of June because my husband is attending TDY school for the Air Force). I found the price online for 27/night but unfortunately I could not book the suite for that price. It was only 45/night AFTER tax. The room is extremely clean (brand new carpet, doesn't turn our feet black like our other hotel!!!!!) the beds are soft, which is what I prefer (brand new beds), the staff is extremely friendly, including the housekeepers, the room is an adequate size for the one year old I had that needed room to play. It's not too terribly far from the base. About fifteen minutes (definitely take 95, 21 gets backed up ridiculously). The air conditioner is temperature controlled so I'm not hearing a horrible noise all night long. The only drawback I found with the room is the chair in the corner has a broken leg (which I keep forgetting to tell the front desk) and when I sat it in, it went backwards. Luckily, the wall caught it. Could use an eency bit more parking spaces but that's almost impossible, the lot is small. I was very thankful to find this place and to know that it's clean and safe and not swarming with bugs like the other places I have checked out. Just wish they would've had a suite available before now for as long as I needed on the bottom floor. I have three weeks worth of luggage, plus one year old kid stuff (we all know it's like packing your house), plus I'm 19 weeks pregnant and trying to carry a lot of stuff up and down with a one year old. The front desk clerk said I should really switch to the downstairs now that there are suites available but I just don't want to have to move everything for only a few more nights. Did I mention this place is incredibly clean??? It's worth the extra drive to the base for the cleanliness. I'm very content they do not allow smoking or pets in the rooms, keeps them fresh :-). It's nothing special as far as restaurants and pools and goodies, but it's nice if you just need to stay somewhere and don't mind no pool :-).

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

I was skeptical when I saw the price of the room but was pleasantly surprised when a concerned and personable clerk greeted us when we arrived late. She got us quickly to our room in the most expeditious manor imaginable. Although the building is older, the exterior shows signs of on going maintenance and it was clean. The room was clean, including the fresh smell. The refrigerator and microwave worked fine. Towels and the soap / shampoo were displayed professionally. The TV had around 77 channels including at least one premium. The bed comfy with extra pillows. Shower clean and water warm. Almost forgot free wi-fi that gave me "3 bars". For overnight or a base to explore the area: What more could ask for (especially at this price)?
BTW: The motel has a large banner at the entrance saying $39.95 and up. Tells me you might get a better rate if you call the hotel direct.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Ocean Grove, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2010

While the Savannah Inn is 10mins from downtown Savannah I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for somewhere clean, comfortable and cheap. The lady at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. Free breakfast wasn't bad, toast, 2 cereal choices, waffles, orange juice and tea/coffee. Bed was comfortable and the bathroom was clean. Its not 5 star that you would get downtown but at $32 /night it was more than I expected. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Boynton Beach, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009 via mobile

At $46 Inc. tax & fees, it could be better also. Nothing really wrong with the place but nothing right either. Room was adequate, service was ok & it's a easy on/off I-95. But the poor "continental breakfast" was very poor -- not even any milk for the cerial or coffee! Com'on, cerial with artificial coffee creamer?
TV remote in the office -- old TV
Tiny shower
In general, a worn & only adequate place for ONE night.

• Stayed November 2009

Been to Savannah Inn? Share your experiences!