“Do not recommend!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 11 hotels in Port Wentworth
Belmont, North Carolina, United States
“Do not recommend!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I wanted a cheap hotel to stay in while visiting some friends. We weren't expecting anything great for $54/night but this was not even worth that. We did arrive late, around 11pm. I don't know if this was the last room available, since it was handicapped, but the only nice thing I can say is the mattress was comphy. I turned on the heater and it smelled like it was burning, the shower head had mildew all over it, there were a lot of suspicious characters in the area and people kept knocking on doors around us all night long. At just before 9:00am I went to get breakfast, but everything was cleared. I asked when breakfast was and he said 6:30-9am. I looked at the clock and he said it was over. Not even offering something. At 10am housekeeping started knocking on our door. We said we're in here, but they continued to knock and when we answered, they asked if we were staying another night. We said no, what time is checkout. They said 11am. We said we'll check out then. At 11am they started knocking again. I wish I listened to other guests and stayed somewhere else. The Red Roof Inn was cheaper and got way better reviews! Definitely don't stay here!!! I wish I knew we could post pics!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Hollywood, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

Room was clean. It had a small kitchenette. Price was great. Very good deal. Jesus. 200 characters is to much to say it was clean, inexpensive and comfortable. Room was clean. It had a small kitchenette. Price was great. Very good deal. Jesus. 200 characters is to much to say it was clean, inexpensive and comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

LOCATION: Between two other hotels, with little curb appeal, however it was great for visiting downtown Savannah and Tybee Island.
BEDS: Very comfortable, though one bedspread was ripped with it's filling oozing out.
BATH: The shower floor was either stained or filthy, not to mentioned the hairs left on the shower wall. The light in the shower/toilet room would turn off in sporadic intervals. While in the shower, you had to call out for someone to turn the light back on. Cigarette marks on the side of tub indicated that the room had been smoked in.
CLEANLINESS: Besides the bathroom issues, apparently they never clean the top of the mini fridge, or under the microwave that sits there. When we were checking the room before leaving, I found a beer bottle cap and food wrapper that was not ours.
OTHER: The door had a gap large enough to see plenty of daylight, and allowed the cigarette smoke, from those LOUDLY congregating directly outside our room until well after bedtime, to filter in.

On the table was an envelope for the maid service. Hand written was "Para mi propina". (for my tip)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here 2 years ago & it was pretty nice, especially for the price, New owners took over since then. We had 2 rooms. One for my husband & I and the other for our daughters. Our daughters room was newly painted, so it "looked" clean. Our room on the other hand was disguisting! The walls were fithy. My husband was told a "white" guy stayed there for a few months & was very dirty. He asked if the housekeeping cleaned it (being sarcastic of course) & the lady said "not so good". WOW! That's comforting!! They gave us another room & it was just as bad, if not worse. The wall in the bathroom had dirty handprints & stuff written on the walls. The pillows were old & stained. The box spring - yuk! There was a huge gap under the door where you know bugs enter & the noise from the parking lot, assumed prostitutes, fighting over the truck drivers.
One of the "Indian" worker/owner, whatever he was, came up to the room & inspected it. He saw nothing wrong with it. Upon discussion with my husband, he suddenly didn't speak English. My husband said "I don't know what the standards are in your country, but in the US, there are standard we expect. I will call the health department. It was not a safe, clean place. It is a bio-hazard wasteland!

• Stayed June 2012
Lawrenceville, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

You couldn't pay me to step foot in the hotel again! The pictures on this web site is not this hotel. We pulled up to the hotel and it was a stay by the week place that has its personal drunk as a sercurity guard! This man was sitting on a bar stool on the second floor, with no t-shirt on and smoking a cigerate. Not to mention that the hotel is located behind the locate run down town bar! There is hardly any parking, and as we walk into our room there was a huge ashtray sitting outside our door (non- smoking room). As we enter our room my husband looks at me in fear! It wreaks of smoke and I pull back the comfort on the bed and there were black bugs on the sheets, with yellow stains on the sheets! We immediately went to the front desk to complain. The twelve year old that is running the front desk begins to yell at me and then yells at her mother that comes from the back. Because we booked our stay through a company on the internet, they would not refund us our money. Then I realize there was no where to sit down and eat the free breakfast in the morning. This place is a joke, and probly will not be open for long!This hotel will be on t.v one day about how nasty it is.

Room Tip: Go to the airport exit that is one up from here and stay there. If you go to the gas stay at the air...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We let Hotwire choose Savannah Inn for us and then, because of all those other reviews, we were prepared to go somewhere else if need be. But Savannah Inn was fine! The staff were friendly, the room was spacious and clean, and the breakfast which included great o.j., fresh milk, cereal, plus fresh-made waffles with butter and syrup, really was a wonderful surprise. They even gave us an apple for lunch later on. The location is easy to find and it is easy to get into Savannah for the day.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Baltimore, MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2011

We were staying at this hotel just to sleep. We were on our way to Florida. When we checked in it was very late and my entire family was exhausted. We were given our keys and they didn't work. So I had to go back to the office to get the keys working. The room was very small with no electrical switchplates. There was drywall compound all over the walls. The sheets were so thin, they were like gauze. The air conditioning didn't seem like it was working. When we woke up to take a shower, the handel broke and after we told management there was no apology or offer for another room so we could take a shower. The continential breakfast is cold cereal.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Been to Savannah Inn? Share your experiences!