“Several amenities at a good price” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Port Wentworth/Savannah

You added Super 8 Port Wentworth/Savannah to your Saves list
Super 8 Port Wentworth/Savannah
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7200 Hwy 21 North, I-95 Exit 109, Port Wentworth, GA 31407   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Philadelphia, PA
“Several amenities at a good price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

Stayed here one night while traveling elsewhere on I-95. With a coupon available at any rest stop or travel plaza, total cost for two people was $45. Room had a king bed, air conditioning, free wi-fi, mini-fridge, microwave, phone, in-room iron, and TV with 58 channels. Amenities included free breakfast and pool. The room was clean, quiet, and well-maintained. Staff was professional and courteous. The motel is right off the freeway, and several chain stores and restaurants are nearby.

A stay at any chain motel on the freeway won't capture the charm and elegance of a city like Savannah. But if you need a good price for what you get while going down the road, or a place to relax for a day or so, this is a fine choice.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
St. Petersburg, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010

My daughter and two young grand daughters were traveling back from a lovely stay in the Stay Bridge Inn and Suites in Yorktown Virginia to our home in Florida. Long story short, it was late and we had become too tired to continue driving and pulled off the highway to get a room and some sleep. We had never stayed at a Super 8 and will never stay there again. The room smelled musty and was dirty and worn out. The curtains were barely hanging off the windows. There were only two much worn bath towels for four people. The carpet was so dirty and felt like it had an oil coating on it. The bottom of my feet were so dirty I had to wash then off and put my shoes back on before I could get into bed. My grand daughter’s had to wear their shoes the next morning as we tried to hurry, get a quick shower, and leave this filthy room. We were told that there was some kind of free breakfast in the morning but after seeing the room and hotel in the “awake” light of morning we chose not to eat there. When I checked out I told the man on desk duty about the filthy room and especially the carpet, bedding and towels. He just said OK and handed me my credit card back. After arriving home I had to call the Super 8 again because my credit card was charger to much. I took the opportunity to tell the person answering the phone about the filthy conditions in Room 106. Oh he said, I remember that room, we had a construction work stay in that room for months and the room did not get a chance to be cleaned often,,,YUCK!!! Why would they put a decent family in a room like that!!! My thinking is that all their rooms were probably similar, that room was not the exception. Never again will I stay in a Super 8, When ever I hear Super 8 I will think of the name Super Dirty!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Port Wentworth hotels

USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

I stayed here once before...and it was a 3 out of 5 stars. I have returned tonight ..this time with my kids to get away from it all. I was put in a room that is not acceptable for a mother and little kids. I asked to be close to the office...but I have been put way round the back...smh. The door is not secure. It looks like some has recently kicked it in (also I noticed they have replaced the bathroom door with a big heavy wood material that hit my son's foot). It seems they need to do a lil painting over the mold (sad face). The telephone has a wet and nasty looking substance all over it. I may be mistaken but it also looks like this place has been fingerprinted due to I see that black dust stuff on certain items in the room. I hear my neighbors being extra loud talking about guns and what not...whewwwwww. It seems I should have asked to change but I was ignorant and did not want to be a pest. So now I sit here praying that I dont have an incident. (I think I am in the hood part of the hotel).

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
fremont, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2009

It was nice looking for a Super 8 and the staff was nice at the front desk.
Service was good.
Gave us everything we needed for the room for our kids and older family members.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2009

OMG! Let me start by saying I've never stayed at such a dumpy place, nor did we stay the night here. We were in the room long enough to make a list of all that was wrong with the room. Then, out we went! Immediately walking in to the room you are taken back by the stintch of mold and mildew. The security lock was broken off the door. The walls are covered with dirt and stains. The light switch that is suppose to operate the lamps didn't work. There was an unplugged alarm clock along with an electrical outlet that didn't even work. This was a room that appeared to never have been cleaned or updated. There was dust on the surfaces as well as cobwebs under the edge of the beds. Best part was the bed. The stains and knife holes were definately the highlight of our "stay". I haven't even mentioned the bathroom. Definately not a place for anyone who cares for hygiene. The room was dirty. We've stayed in Super 8's before. Never have we ever experienced anything like this. When we first walked in we immediately called the front desk. There were cleaning supplies along with a file folder and another room key laying on the table. We ended up getting a room at a different motel across the way. When we left, there were a couple of men changing rooms and a trucker going to sleep in his truck. --- Super 8: Get It Together!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Vancouver, WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2009

We booked this room, not expecting anything great. It was an on the way type of thing we booked a few hours before we arrived. The walls have nasty stains all over them.. not quite sure what. There are cobwebs hanging from the lamps. The tub is absolutely disgusting.. covered in dirt and i dont know what else that stuff is. And the heater blows out cold air (which normally shouldn't matter in GA but tonight its 19 degrees). Thats pretty much all I have to say about this place.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — the nasty itchy bed
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2008

This hotel is located right off I-95 and next to a Shell gas station (which, by the way, had extremely cheap gas). There are three other big name hotels within walking distance as well.

This certainly wasn't the best hotel we've ever stayed in, but it was clean, the bed was comfortable, and for the most part, we couldn't hear the trucks at the gas station.

The only problems were that there was no elevator to the second floor, the light in the bathroom was pretty dim, and not all the buttons worked on the remote for the TV.

The hotel could certainly do with a little updating, but for the price, I'm not complaining. :-)

• Liked — The price and the easy access to and from the highway
  • Disliked — The slightly run down exterior and the noisy gas station across the parking lot
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Super 8 Port Wentworth/Savannah? Share your experiences!