“Port Wentworth Worth It!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book a Business Package
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Port Wentworth

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
edinboro pa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel needs to be audited by corporate. The hotel pool was advertised as having one; it did, but the heater was broke. We stayed there as I have MS and am need of a pool for physical therapy. I stepped on a wad of gum on the bottom of the pool. Trash was left for 2 days and I quit counting near the pool. Lights for the pool area were on an automatic timer, unfortunately, it is still dark in the AM especially when it's raining. I asked for the lights to be put on. They didn't know how to....I couldn't dial long distance. The hotel business computer was slow and didn't want to allow you to leave the Country inn and Suites web page. Staff was indifferent and I never did figure out or see the manager....very sad example of a Country Inn and suites...save yourself the time and trouble. I complained to corporate and got a basic generic letter and condescending email from the hotel....not worth it! Never got a receipt, though I asked...they blamed it on the fact I booked on Booking.com and I don't believe I did!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
CarlsonRezidor, Corporate at Country Inn & Suites Savannah I-95 North, responded to this review, 2 days ago
We apologize you were not satisfied with the condition of the hotel during your stay and that the staff did not assist you accordingly while you were staying. We appreciate you taking the time share your experience. Your comments are valued, and your suggestions will be used to consider improvements in the future. Should you wish to discuss your stay further, please feel free to reach out to the hotel directly.
Gainesville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stopped at this location on our way home from VA to FL. It was late and we were very tired, so we took a chance and stopped at this hotel. They had a non-smoking 2 queen room available at a AAA rate ($99) and we were very glad. The lady at check in was very nice and friendly. My husband was impressed by her "southern hospitality" and the lovely lobby area. She said that they offer a complimentary full hot breakfast, and that really made him happy. She suggested a couple restaurants nearby for a late dinner. Our room #221 was large and comfortable. However, it had an odd smell and I quickly noticed various problems. There were stains on the comforter, stains on the carpet, and mildew in the bathroom. The bathroom countertop was seperated from it's support. The bathroom door scraped on the floor and the hinges were rusty. The room looked old and in need of repairs. The sheets on the bed were the thinnest I have ever seen in a hotel. Both beds were rock hard! My daughter and I woke up several times with back and side aches. Then, at 5 a.m. I was awakened by the sound of a whistle (train I thought) and constant interstate noise. At 6:30 a.m. I opened up the curtains and saw that our room faced the back of the hotel and there is a Savanah Freight Company direcltly behind the hotel. Semi trucks were loading and unloading and it sounded like the interstate. Breakfast was a disappointment. Most of the tables are two seaters and by 7:30 a.m. the eating area was full. My husband quickly noticed that the "full hot breakfast" he expected was only a limited complimentary continental breakfast. They offered cereal (ran out of milk), yogurt, canned peaches, muffins, turkey sausage, boiled eggs (not scrampled), and waffles. We would not stay at this location again if in the area. The lady at the front desk was not friendly or polite at check-out. She was nothing like the lady had been in the evening when we checked in. This hotel needs a lot of improvements.

Room Tip: Do not take a room on the rear side of the building. You will hear all the semi trucks coming and g...
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Boca Raton, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We arrived very late due to terrible traffic on 95 in southCarolina. The room was pricey but we needed to sleep and eat...
The room was spacious but the bathroom had a mildew smell, a door that has a frayed bottom and mold by the tub..Yuk...
Then came the morning. We went down for breakfast earlier than the 7 am posted time so we could get on the road. Although most of the food was out, the woman who doubled as the night manager and breakfast server wa really pissed and made her anger known not only to us bu th the 10 others in the same situation. In fact she wouldn't turn on the lights...we had to eat in the dark. She yelled, pouted and made her feelings known that it was a 7 am opening...not earlier and that is the rule.
Come on...we needed understanding and compassion not being yelled at...
Don't go here until this place becomes more user friendly.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
nsheth912, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Savannah I-95 North, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. The breakfast hours on the weekends are 7:00am - 10:30am, and that morning we had a guest ask for milk and cereal around 615 am and other guests saw them in the breakfast room and in matter of 5-10 minutes we had about 10 other guests came in and started getting their plates and begin complaining about not having hot items ready. This is when she had to explain to everyone that the breakfast does not begin until 7 am. We do provide guest with to go bags (fruit, granola bars, muffins/bagels, etc...) if they would like to take it on the go before, or during breakfast hours. I have addressed this issue with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Wigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2014

Family road trip left Augusta and headed to savannah. This hotel is more like a service stop. The noise from the trucks. Services and interstate does wake you. On arrival the receptionist wasn't a happy all American girl. Rooms need some TLC. Swimming pool was freezing and the rust from the ceiling was dripping into the water. Food always good but polystyrene everything again. Think of the planet people not able to recycle these!

Stayed December 2014
bradenton, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2014

stay at hampton inn nearby for the money you will have better accomadations, staff not friendly, place was not clean, the room I was assigned to wasn't even clean, had to be placed in another room. Breakfast was poor, not clean area, really bare bones, only plus is it is 10 miles from riverfront and downtown,

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Been to Country Inn & Suites Savannah I-95 North? Share your experiences!