“Family travel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 11 hotels in Port Wentworth
Fleming Island, United States
“Family travel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Good price with good sleeping arrangement for family with a teen boy and teen girl. I like being able to sleep with my spouse when we travel as a family without having to rent 2 rooms. Breakfast and having a clean room is important as well.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

33 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Wappingers Falls, NY, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

For what you pay, this hotel provides very good services, including breakfast, in-room small refrigerator, pool, and workout facility. Overall, its location is also very good, and is not too far from the Savannah-Hilton Head International Airport. It does not provide FREE SHUTTLE from the airport, but you can get a shuttle for a price. You can also rent a car to avoid the shuttle needs, and the hotel parking is FREE. Amenities like mini-grocery stores, gas stations, fast foods services, etc. around the hotel are available for a reasonable price. Savannah has a historice significance of the Civil war and its culture. Trolly tours are available at a reasonable price to see the town with a narrated tour. People, in general, are very polite and courteous which is not the case in north-east where we live. It is not uncommon for a busy cashier at a gas station to greet you when you walk in. There are some frustrating moments when you try to talk to locals because of their southern draw when they talk, but it does not take too long to get used to it. The river front is a beautiful area with cobble stone old streets which are quite bumpy when you drive over to explore the area. The street on the river front is ONE-WAY and therefore requires you to enter from MLK Blvd onto the river front street and get out at the other end, and find your way to get back to main thoroughfare of the town. Visit to Hilton Head Island is also quite convenient and worth a visit if you can spare a day or two for that visit. Public beach at the Hilton head, named Coligney Beach, is exceptionally well designed and maintained for Public FREE usage. A nearby hotel provides good services for outdoor dinning and event management, like a wedding. There are many plantation resort facility at the island, one of which is Seapines Plantation, which has nice biking facilities, a light house, good restaurants and curio shops, and rooms/condos/homes for rentals. One of the better time to visit the area is in July-August, but all other months are quite comfortable - weather wise. There is one danger in the ocean and that is small jelly fish which do sting which requires vinegar treatment to reduce the pain of the sting. My daughter and wife, both, had this unpleasant experience and when I checked with a life guard at the beach I was told that this is a common daily occurrence in the area!!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Port Wentworth
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

There was Never enough fresh linen. We had to always ask for washcloths. We were always told " we are out of wash cloths". We had to use handtowels for washcloths. The bed linen was spotted. Housekeeping staff always said "out of" anything you needed! The pool & the hot tub was dirty. Poor tv channel selections.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

nsheth912, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Savannah I-95 North, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. We do keep extra towels in the laundry room but on busier night if guests ask for more towels and the next morning housekeeping with put the rest in the few rooms that they start on then we would have to wait to wash the dirty and then replace them in the rest of the rooms. Also we have an indoor pool and hot tub and it is cleaned every other day. I have addressed these issues with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Nirav Sheth
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed at this hotel for one night while traveling up through Savannah. I thought that this hotel would be relatively decent, but it was not. I have stayed at many, many Country Inn hotels and this was by far the worst. It does not live up to the brand standards at all. We found bugs in the room, blood stains on the sheets and the carpet was very stained. This hotel makes me doubt all of the other Country Inns and their brand. Overall, I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. Pay a bit more and stay in Savannah....It is well worth it!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
nsheth912, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites Savannah I-95 North, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey.

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed these issues with our team, and I did not find that this incident was brought to our attention at the time of your stay. I want to say that we get our rooms treated every month by a national pest control company "ORKIN". I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Ursula Cooper
Sarasota, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We arrived at this hotel after another eight to nine hour drive and were feeling road weary. Despite arriving after 6:00 PM we were told that housekeeping hadn't quite finished our room and we'd have to wait. This seemed very strange, but the hotel seemed new and the front desk person was friendly so we patiently waited.

The physical structure seemed new and clean, but something seemed off. We finally got to our room and it was clean and nicely furnished. The housekeeper was still cleaning our neighboring rooms despite it being three hours past check-in.

Why I gave this hotel only two stars is because of what I saw the next morning. I went to breakfast and saw that they front desk person was also the breakfast person. Strange. As I made my coffee I saw a notice from the health department. I couldn't help but read the report and one of the issues was a lack of hand washing facilities (or something like that). I then glanced over and saw the front desk woman taking out the breakfast area trash. OK. As she was taking out the trash someone asked her about getting more eggs. You could sense her frustration, but she said she'd get to it after taking out the trash. So my mind started to process. Health report. Hand washing. I wonder if this worker is going to wear gloves when getting the food? Sadly, as I walked over she wasn't using gloves and it didn't look like she had washed her hands after taking out the trash. Ugh. I might be jumping to conclusions or just plain wrong, but this is one of those situations when you pray you don't get sick by a lack of cleanliness from the food worker.

This was kind of our entire experience at the hotel. Something seemed off. The next morning as we were leaving one of the housekeepers actually had their baby with them as they were cleaning the rooms. Granted there may have been a childcare issue that morning and glad the housekeeper felt they could bring their little one to work with them, but we got the sense that there were lots of unusual situations like this happening at this hotel.

Crazy thing is the previous night we had a stayed in a much older Country Inns & Suites in Fredericksburg and it was one of the nicest hotels we've ever stayed in. Another proof that you can't judge a hotel by it's exterior.

Room Tip: Double check the A/C when you check in to make sure it's producing cold air.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to complete our guest satisfaction survey.

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. The report which had 97% (A) that you saw in our breakfast room said 'Adequate hand washing facility accessible" it was because we had boxes on top of the sink at the time of inspection. I can assure you that there is no cleanliness issue at our hotel. As you explained that the we do keep a very nice and clean facility and thrive to keep it that way. I have addressed these issues with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Ursula Cooper
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very friendly and professional staff. The most comfy king sized bed. Awesome breakfast! Will definitely stay again when in the area. Thank you for making our 1 night stay as we passed thru a relaxing and restful one!

• Stayed July 2014
Markham, Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stayed one night,staff were not overly friendly. Room was clean but very tired looking and hallway was a bit smelly. Breakfast wasn't the best. Not in the best area, but very close to Savannah. I would not stay here again. Will try Pooler area next time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites Savannah I-95 North? Share your experiences!