“So So” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 11 hotels in Port Wentworth
Ottawa, Canada
“So So”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I found the hotel clean and quiet and the staff were helpful. Yet something was missing...the place was below the standard of most Country Inns and Suites that we love. Worst example is the toilet; it was simply not deep enough and my testicles got wet when I sat on it. The lack of a soft second chair and a small refrigerator without a freezer section are two more examples. Finally, the bed cover was too heavy and the pillows were too thick. Yet, I liked the price and the location, and breakfast was quite good. We may well stay there again recognizing the faults.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Newly remodeled and very comfortable! Staff was very helpful, especially Kimberly and Cheryl. My family and I stayed for four days and we will stay at this hotel the next time we visit Savannah. Didn't care much for the smell from the near by paper mill when leaving the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Jessup, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

morning after we spent the nite After breakfast, read the reviews and responses and the cumulative results seem clear to us, heavy users of motel chains. This place has been cheaped up. It has, in a standard room , a teensy dinky fridge. It stopped working at 10pm so we put our yogurt & health foods in the car. Sure, it could happen at any time still it is a dinky little fridge. It was 38F outside and the heat is maxed out at blowing 72F air which is uncomfortable for us older folks whose metabolism has slowed bunches. Breakfast coffee was ALL lukewarm. There's no TV scroll so you need to flip thru all 40+ channels each 1/2 hour to see what's on. That is a real pain after driving all day. Lots of places have at least a 2 line tv scroll, even at really cheaply priced places. Thankfully the place smelled good and was clean and as the cheapening goes on we all know how it goes from there. You've seen it up and down the I-95 corridor with the degradation of other places. Please read mgmt's answers between the lines and you will see what we mean. Towels are semirough, semisoft if your cup is 1/2 full. Soap can be brittle. Clock is so old it is almost to dim to see. Come here and drink your night away and you won't care. Other C Inn&Stes have also seen better days. Mattresses are good until they need replacing(never) we bet.

Room Tip: If you wish only a flop place for a good nights sleep then don't show up here expecting the norm...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
CarlsonRezidor, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites Savannah I-95 North, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
We are sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of your room, including the mattress, broken refrigerator, and the lack of heat. We will discuss the conditions of your room with our staff to ensure all guest rooms are up to Country Inns and Suites by Carlson standards.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

$85 with a cot. I paid double that recently on the I95 for about the same accommodations. Close to the highway, but not close enough to hear it. Clean, newly renovated, pool didn't reek of chlorine. Hot breakfast was good. Hard working and friendly staff. Really felt like we got a deal. My only concern, ask for a room on the ground floor. The windows can open and there's no screen, that would be lethal at the third floor, luckily I found that out and hid it from my kids.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Aiken, SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

The room was supposed to have refrigerator, but in fact there was none in the nook provided for it in the furniture console in the room. The room had no smoke alarm, only wires hanging down from the ceiling where one was supposed to be. The room had no second chair in addition to a straight-backed desk chair. We were told a refrigerator would be provided if we needed it, and it was, on the second day of our stay when we requested it. But it should have been there from the beginning. The smoke alarm was never provided. We were told it was probably detached and stolen, so that people could smoke in the smoke-free room. We were told that with the "upgrading" of the motel, wider beds had been put in, and the second chair that was formerly in the room would now not fit; a smaller chair had been ordered, but had not yet arrived. We asked that breakfast, at least the cold cereals, be made available at 5:30am instead of 6am, and were told the request would be put in. Sadly, nothing was made available until 6 am. Many, many webpages on the internet (including our email webpage) require Adobe Flash Player. It was not installed on the computer in the lobby, so those webpages could not be accessed. All that was necessary was to be able to sign in as administrator, so that Adobe Flash Player could be downloaded, but the young Indian-American man explained that no one knew the administrator password (he tried many, many passwords himself), so it could not be done. Result: we could not check our email, and we could not visit other mainstream webpages. The staff were very helpful, especially the young Indian-American man, but overall there was a lack of good management at this property, not up to Country Inn & Suites standards. We would not stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Milford, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

We are starting to review our enjoyment of Country Inns & Suites, after several recent poor experiences. This chain used to be friendly, comfortable, with warm cookies at check-in, a tasty breakfast, and made you feel like a wanted guest. Desk clerk did not make us feel welcome, even when paying for a suite. She told me my "tier" of Loyalty card (member for MANY years) was too low for even a bottle of water. Now, when I buy Ice Mt water, it costs about 15 cents a bottle. Is being a loyal guest really not worth a 15c bottle (much likely cheaper as they would buy in bulk) of water? Clerk told guest ahead of us where a nearby restaurant was. We decided to try it, too. She did not tell us there would be a discount as motel guests, but luckily, we overheard other diners talking about that. Room soundproofing was slim to none. My daughter was awakened at 2:30a.m. by a group of noisy guests. I am not sure why it cost $40 more to get a suite with two beds, vs a King. I found bits of food and pieces of paper in the living area of our suite. Breakfast was ok, and in a large room.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Monroeton, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Hard to locate entrance. Hot Tub out of order and indoor pool was too cold to use. The amenities in the bathroom were half empties left from previous guests...YUCK! Night shift older lady was a bit unfriendly when my husband asked about when the breakfast area would open. Usually this chain offers warm cookie during check in, this hotel does not, disappointed children...We stayed here on our way south and decided to stay on our trip back north to offer them a second chance. Nothing repaired and the pool wasn't any warmer. Woke the next morning and during our shower found bites with blood residue on PJ's. Suspect Bedbugs...Beware. Went for breakfast and were told nothing would be served until 7am. Not acceptable for travelers wanting to get an early start, especially ones with children. Will not stay here again...very disappointed!

Room Tip: Best pick another hotel
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
nsheth912, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Savannah I-95 North, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. We are working diligently to correct these issues and I appreciate that you brought them to my attention. But, there are some things that we could not change such as the entrance of the hotel since this was built back in 1998. Our hot tub was out of order and we had signage and notified guest that it was down and about the Indoor Pool, they are set at certain temperature and is working perfectly normal.

I would like to also ask if you brought these concerns to our management before your departure. Because if the bathroom amenities were half empty and if you had "blood residue on your PJ's" then this would be something that I would make the management aware before I would have left the hotel. This issue was never brought to the attention of management, If there is ever a concern we will correct the issue make sure that our guests are taken care of.

Please contact me and we will be more than happy to accommodate you.

Best regards, nsehth912@gmail.com

Been to Country Inn & Suites Savannah I-95 North? Share your experiences!