“Lispstick on a pig” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Boston, Massachusetts
“Lispstick on a pig”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Looks good on the outside, brass doorknobs and locks looks impressive
Keycard didn't work all the time. First room lights wouldn't turn on, got another. Second room bathroom light flickered entire time it was on. There were other lights that didn't turn on also. Bathroom door would not close fully. Corner in bathroom big crack from floor to ceiling. TP holder loose. Wire covers on wall lamps were all slid to floor or mostly not covering wire. No lock on outside window ( found that out the next morning). Lots of trash outside of the window. I booked 2 rooms for the night, my elderly parents stayed in the other room. I was trying to impress them to show what they could get by paying more than $35.00 per night for a room. They were not impressed, the night before we stayed in a Econo lodge that was a lot better. I have stayed in many Quality Inns Choice Hotels but this is the first time I was truly disappointed. At checkout the clerk didn't even try to write down all my observations complaints. I was also not recognized as being a Gold Choice Privileges Member. At the Econo lodge they gave me a grab and go bag. So paying more for the looks of this place was not worth it

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Evans, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

My wife and I spent one night here on the way elsewhere. It was adequate, clean enough, and a good value for what I paid. Our room was by the Island Grill and we heard nothing (as referenced in an earlier review). We got a good nights sleep. The breakfast wasn't much and the coffee was just awful but, again, I paid for a place to sleep.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Southport, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

We recently spent a 3 day weekend in Port Wentwort visiting friends. The hptel was very clean and the room was huge, a suite actually. Would recommend this hotel to other travelers. The most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, in a hotel. Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Cleveland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on a stop-over to FL. The room was filthy, comforters were dirty and a/c didn't work properly. Front desk clerk was nice and knowledgeable about the area, suggested we try the Island Grill for dinner. This dive was just as dirty as the hotel. Our room's window butted up to the back entrance of the Island Grill, so we could hear loud music and people coming and going. They have live bands on the weekends so it's probably worse then. Would not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

Stayed here for St. Patrick's Day with some friends. Service was excellent and staff was friendly. Complimentary breakfast was solid. The manager was very kind and made sure we got everything we needed. He also caught us in the parking lot to return a forgotten comforter. Would recommend and will stay again.

• Stayed March 2012
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

Disappointing. Arrived late, departed early (before breakfast was available). Water temperature in shower was tepid (Inexcusable!) and pressure low. Walls were paper-thin so I benefitted from my neighbors' fun activities at 5AM. In-room coffee was colored water (though that is no different than elsewhere). Front desk clerk was friendly for my 5 minutes of interaction. Overall, not worth the extra cost compared to other cheaper hotels at same interstate exit.

Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

My cousin and I stayed here for an impromptu birthday trip and we had the best time. The rooms are spacious, the free breakfast in the morning is delicious and the staff is extremely warm and gracious. We were close to all the fun Savannah has to offer and would stay here again when returning to this great place!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Savannah North? Share your experiences!