“Fine for a night” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Pooler
Oregon, USA
“Fine for a night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Our experience was the same as capt_silver's - an inexpensive option for traveling I-95 near Savannah. We'd spent the day in Savannah where lodging is rather expensive. We decided to get on 95 and see what we could find before it got dark. The place is a touch worn but was clean as well as convenient to 95. The AC worked well. The place we'd stayed the night before had problems with the AC so we appreciated how well it worked here. There's nothing fancy here but for the price, we weren't expecting 'fancy'. A clean, decent stop for the night.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Let me start off by saying I'm not a super picky person. In fact, I don't believe I've ever taken the time to write a review before. However, after a horrible experience at the Econo Lodge last night in Pooler GA with my husband and four young kids, I feel the need to warn others. The FIRST room we were assigned was extremely difficult to get in to. The key seemed to not be working and the door looked like it had been jimmied a time or two. Finally my husband hit it with force and it opened. Without exaggerating, we saw SIX small roaches crawling on the walls and bathroom within the first MINUTE!!! Totally disgusted, my husband spoke to the man at the front desk and he apologized and said there had been some "issues" with that building (not sure why we would've been put there in the first place). He moved us to another building. Although it was bug free, it sure wasn't clean. The carpet had not been vacuumed, there was a couple of HAIRS in the shower, the complimentary shampoo that was left for us was half used, the tv would cut off on its own, and the beds weren't comfortable at all and had a damp feel to them. Needless to say, we kept our shoes on at all times, stripped the the beds of the comforters that probably never get changed with the sheets, and were scared to touch the shower. Never again!!!!! Spend the extra $20 and stay somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2013

Travelers are raving about these Pooler hotels

Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Econolodge, Exit 102, Savannah GA

This is an older, and from the exterior, somewhat run-down looking motel just off of I-95 outside of Savannah. I almost decided to keep driving (the sign advertised weekly rates, and several people sitting outside the motel rooms looked like they were on the weekly plan), but I had already been driving 10 hours, and needed a place with direct access to the outside, as I was travelling with my elderly dog, who needs to be let out several times a night. (It seems that these day even the traditionally budget-oriented hotels have adopted the enclosed, multi-floor layout.) So I went ahead and checked in.

The lobby also had a worn look to it, but the sole clerk on duty (who seemed overworked) was polite and efficient, and took note of my request for a quiet room. When I got to the room, I was pleasantly surprised at how clean it was (impeccably clean – almost spotless), and while it was a little warm, it didn’t take long for the A/C to bring the temperature down nicely. The bed (again, with incredibly clean bedding) was one of the most comfortable motel beds I’ve ever experienced.

This is minimalist lodging – the pool (which I didn’t use), TV (never turned it on), and the ice machine seemed to be the major guest amenities. No wi-fi, and no in-room coffeemaker. The free breakfast was similarly Spartan – individually-wrapped danishes, sausage biscuits, coffee & juice, cold cereal, and packets of oatmeal. No fruit, waffles, eggs, etc. The corn dogs were an interesting breakfast option.

This motel is definitely a stop-over place – I wouldn’t recommend it even as a base from which to visit nearby Savannah. But if you are in transit on I-95, and in need of a clean, quiet, inexpensive place to spend the night, and are traveling with a pet, you could do a lot worse than this Econo Lodge. (Believe me, I have.)

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room - was given one on the opposite side of the motel from I-95, and it was ind...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I would like a refund because we didn't stay there my name is Angela russell I live at 811 mallet hill rd Columbia sc 29223 apt 702 I paid 62.62 cash I will not recommend no one stay there poor customer service rooms in terrible shape

• Stayed June 2013
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stay at The Travel Lodge in Pooler Ga every year. It's our half way point from Va to Fl. The rooms are always clean and the pool is perfect! Our recent stay was so great after the staff told us about all the cool things to do in Savanna that we stayed another night. The clerks printed out maps and local attraction. We'll be back again next year!

Room Tip: I've like every room we ever stayed in.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

This was a hotwire booking. We have generally just booked and all has gone well.
However, this place was shady. My friend and I were getting together to spend a night in Savannah then head back to New York. She arrived earlier then I with her daughter and was able to check-in instead of waiting in her car outside. When I arrived they had the chain on the door which surprised me. When I entered the room it seemed fine so have nothing to stay about the place itself but those staying at the motel seemed less than savory. Her daughter told me we can't stay here I feel unsafe. Hotwire was gracious enough to issue a refund and book us at the Quality Inn about a mile away. The difference was day and night. The manager was rude when trying to check-out (runaway) because we had checked in an hour earlier. I explained the issue and she said well you were here for an hour. I told her nothing had been touched and she could check the room. She said well you went through hotwire scoffed at me and walked away. I left my keys with the gentleman sitting at the front and left. You will note the entire front area is enclosed behind glass. I did pay $15 more for the Quality Inn and the room was smaller but the area was welcoming and well lit, the room was clean and neat and the staff warm and friendly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Woodbridge, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This hotel was clean and comfortable. It could use a few updates but overall it was OK. We stayed only for one night but this would be a good place if you plan on staying longer and are looking to stay within your budget.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!