“Very clean and cozy.” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #10 of 12 hotels in Pooler
“Very clean and cozy.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

The room were clean, beds were turned down. AC was on and room was cool. The sheets and towels were clean. My kids thougt it was cool that there was a wall safe in the room. Lol. We just stayed for the night on our way to Florida but it was nice for the price.

• Stayed August 2012

37 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Mount Carmel, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012 via mobile

Spent 1 night. Wonderful desk clerk, real sweetheart and helpful. Rom was ok but noticed a lot of bugs outside, which made me paranoid. Rooms looked clean until i went to take bath and seen a couple hairs in tub. The final few hours before we left a extra large spider was found in bathroom and another smaller one near lamp. I got out of there fast after that.

• Stayed July 2012
Savannah, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

I made the mistake of staying here in a so called suite for my anniversary! It did have a jet hot tub, but everything was horrible. There was mismatched furniture in the room, a huge bulg of a patch on one wall, and a filthy carpet! I couldn't believe it. The website stated it was newly remodeled. This room must have been skipped! Please don't waste your time.

• Stayed October 2011
Topeka, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

My travel office booked me into this hotel for a night, as the other hotels were full. I entered room 109 to find that the lock was broken, and had been repaired multiple times. It currently has a lock plate that doesn't fit, over a crack where the door had been kicked in. Not a good sign!

I then made the mistake of touching the chair in the room. It was covered in filth. I went to the desk and asked about this, and the clerk handed me some sheets and suggested that I cover the dirty furniture. I asked him if there was a theft problem because of the broken door, and he responded, "Not in THAT room, to the best of my knowledge."

Upon returning to the room, I noticed that the lampshade over the bed was not only sideways, but that it had a stain on it that looked like dried blood. The bathroom, if you could call that tiny space that, was beyond disgusting. The toilet had feces stains in it, and it was very dark in there. Why so dark? Because the light was full of dead bugs.

That night I was treated to a wonderful symphony of competing rap music from cars in the lot. I couldn't block it out, because of the inch and a half space below the door (that was also letting bugs in).

My company has placed this hotel chain on the 'blocked' list, after I emailed them the pictures of my room.

This motel would be perfect for you if you intend to sell crack out of the room. Otherwise - Do Not Stay There!!!

Room Tip: Rooms in the front did not appear to have as many drug dealers or hookers hanging around.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
sadgirlpooler, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
We regret that this guest was not completely happy with his stay at the Econo Lodge. His room was pre-booked by his company and it was during the busy St. Patrick's week, where no rooms were available unless through cancellation or until this holiday weekend was over. It is clear that this guest was unhappy being in a budget friendly hotel versus a full service upscale property. He did notify staff about a stain on the chair in his room and was given a sheet to cover the chair until it could be replaced the next morning. Normally, he would have been moved to another room, but no rooms were available. Several attempts were made to move chair but guest had DND sign on his door. Our staff is dedicated to providing excellent service and will accomodate any requests or concerns made by a guest. However, if we do not know something is amiss, we cannot address the issue. Note: Stain on chair was evident and maintenance was sent to change but DND was on door. Light fixture had insulation dust inside, not bugs. (insulation had recently been blown into ceiling and all was not settled). Bathrooms are small, but that was evident upon check in and we would have let him check out and go elsewhere the night of his arrival with no penalty. All other problems this guest encountered should have been reported and would have been taken care of immediately. Once again, we apologize for the legitimate complaints that this guest did have.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012 via mobile

usually this hotel is ok. U get what u pay for. But this time I called to ask a ffew questions n the lady at the desk acted like I was the problem for calling n asking bout the rooms. I mean she even hung up on me while I was mid word!! Then when we checked in she was rude I mean we felt so out of place n so unwelcome. Anyother time we.stay ots friendly n a joy but this lady I dont know if she is going to be like this she( or mangment) needs to look for someoone/something more up their alley. But the rooms was.fine beds always comfy but the lady at the desk cost them a guest ill never return unless I can b sure ill never get checked in by that lady again!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2012
germantown, md
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

You've probably stayed in many just like this one. Fine for an overnight, but I wouldn't want to live there. Front desk very helpful. High marks. Rooms clean, firm bed, minimal amenities. Surprised that there was no coffee maker in the room. And breakfast... Well, not much to choose from.
The absolute best part, though, was Dickey's Barbecue Pit right down the street. Looks like a small shop in a strip mall, but it provided some of the best BBQ that I've ever had. Eat in or take back to the motel (no beer served). Good enough to be worth a side trip if you're ever around Pooler, GA.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

Broken shower, a big hole in the floor and a smell of smoke. The women in the reception was so unfriendly and it was so easy so see that to her every customer and question was a potential problem. So in total; this motel is way below average. I do not recomend it.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!