“CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD TWICE” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Pooler
Fairborn, Ohio
“CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD TWICE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2011

My credit card statement shows that this hotel charged me twice.

I then called the hotel, and the lady who answered the phone put me on hold and never came back. I called for the second time (long distance) and she put me on hold without listening why I am calling. What a rip off!

Do not use this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel. This hotel also charged me for the safe in the room and never let me know...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
sadgirlpooler, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
this guest was not charged twice,we emailed him and asked him to get in touch with card company,also the key dposit was credited back

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

I live in Savannah, and my ex-husband stayed here for a visitation weekend with our son. I was pleasantly surprised at the extra amenities in the room considering its low price - and the outside pool was nice. The rooms were clean, and it is all ground floor, which cut down on noise. The property seemed secluded despite being a few feet from Interstate 95. The best part was the location. They could easily get anywhere in town, from the beach to restaurants to his football game to fishing to WalMart for supplies. There was also plenty to do right in that small area of Pooler, including putt-putt and go-karts at Fun Zone and visiting the Mighty Eighth Air Force Museum. We will definitely use this motel again, especially during race season for convenience to Oglethorpe Speedway.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Deltona, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

My husband, mother-in-law, and I stayed here for two nights over labor day weekend. It is a good place to stay while visiting Savannah if you're on a budget. The hotel is only about 15 mins away from the Historic District of Savannah and it's very easy to get to as well. The hotel is right off of I-95 and the road it's located on (US Hwy 80) becomes Bay street which is in the historic district. While this isn't the ritz it's more than comfortable for a few nights while sightseeing. If you don't mind a short drive and looking for parking this is a good place to stay.

Some info about the hotel: It's all one story so no stairs to worry about. There's a good amount of fast food and gas stations around the hotel. They have a small outdoor pool. I didn't use it, only drove past.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Love, love, love the Historic District of Savannah and this motel is only 15 minutes away and at a price that is a steal! The staff are friendly and informative about places to see and the best restaurants to visit. The rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable. They have a continental breakfast, wifi, cable and premium channels. They are within walking distance to several restaurants and fast food establishments. We will definately return to this great little find just 15 minutes from Savannah!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Ypsilanti
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

I was headed north from Orlando to Richmond and stopped for the night near Savannah in Pooler, Georgia. I was a bit concerned about the hotel from the exterior but stopped to get a price. I arrived at 7 pm, and at that time, you can't go in; the front desk woman talked to me through an evening window (again, making me question the safety of the hotel). I always like to smell/look at a room before checking in (since I've had some "non-smoking" rooms over the years that reeked), but at this hotel, I had to check in before being able to see/smell the room (very unusual). The front desk lady was very friendly and told me the rooms were very nice, so I gave it a shot. She was right! The room was big and had good air conditioning, a comfortable bed, GREAT cable TV, GREAT wifi, a fridge, a microwave, a decent shower, and good lighting, plus it didn't smell! Breakfast included 4 cereals, bagels, my favorite danishes, instant oatmeal, coffee, and juice. The only other negative was I had trouble closing the door. Because I was travelling alone, I was given a room closer to the road, which I appreciated. Lots of fast-food restaurants are within a couple of minutes of driving. I would stay here again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

We had planned on staying here one night but enjoyed it so much as a homebase during our Savannah visit that we extended an extra night.

All units are on the first floor so we were able to park right at the door. The room was bright and very clean. There was a perfect outdoor pool with a depth of 6' at one end. Something you don't see very often these days. The pool temperature was perfect. Just cool enough to be refreshing without being too hot.

We saw very few people and I mentioned to the manager that we were lucky to have the place all to ourselves. She assured me that many of the rooms were occupied with workers who left early each morning and returned later in the evening. Couldn't prove it by me. We did see several vehicles parked outside later that evening but the place was quiet as could be. We woke up the next morning to enjoy feeling like we had the place all to ourselves again.

The location was great. Close to lots of restaurants, right off the interstate and close to Savannah. We had two double beds, refridgerator, microwave, and coffee maker. The beds were very comfortable. And the price was great! Around $50 per night for 4 of us. I would definitely recommend this motel!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

My family was on our way to Florida. We were driving and tired. Looking for a budget friendly, clean family hotel.. Stopped for gas by this hotel and checked the price. I found the price very reasonable. The room was clean and cheery. The air condition was nice and cold. Very quiet on a weekend with alot of people checked in. Pool was clean, neat, and warm as bath water for my 2 year old grandson. Breakfast was free and filled up our family. The hotel clerk lady was kind, friendly and helpful. Fit in our budget nicely and woke up refreshed.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!