“Very Pleased” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Pooler
Savannah, Georgia
“Very Pleased”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

The Holiday Inn and Suites in Pooler is definitely my place to stay while in Savannah! Even before I arrived, the customer service was EXCELLENT! I was visiting Savannah for an orientation with my daughter for college. I was exhausted from being on the road. I called to inquire about an early check-in and the desk clerk, Justin, took care of me. Although the exact room type that I had reserved was not available, Justin searched and gave me options. As a weary driver, I was pleased!

The customer service in the dining room was over the top thanks to the efficiency and great attitude of a young lady named Angel. I dined on a Sunday morning, and so did everyone else in the hotel, it seemed like. Angel must have waited on over half of the tables in the dining room, with a great attitude and a smile on her face! I watched Angel as she worked the room like a champ! The dining room seemed to be short staffed, but because of Angel's positive and attentive disposition, the wait didn't seem as bad. Angel definitely should be commended on her team work.

Another great encounter was with the front desk manager, Dorian. I happened to ride on the elevator with him and expressed a concern that I had in my room Mr. Dorian assured me that he would take care of the issue (telephone in room malfunction). Mr. Dorian handled my concerns with a professional disposition.

The location of the hotel was very convenient to Savannah, the price was good, the hotel was clean, the customer service was excellent. However, there is always room for improvement, so I would say that on the weekends, the dining room should make sure to have better coverage so to decrease customer wait times. Excellent Choice!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dee M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Disolomon03,

Thank you for the wonderful comments about your stay at our Holiday Inn & Suites Savannah Airport/Pooler. We really appreciate you staying with us and taking the time to share your feedback.

Our goal is to provide the best customer service in the hospitality industry. I'm so pleased to hear that Justin, Angel, and Dorian were able to assist and help make your stay enjoyable!

Again, thanks for staying with us! We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Dee M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Pooler, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We are currently between moves and due to recent anticipated changes in work site locations opted to remain in the greater Savannah region in Pooler, GA until we became certain as to the precise job sites my employer had assigned me to. Having resided in this region for the past 10 years we are very familiar with the hotel accommodations available and the quality of same. Our experience of almost 4 months at the Holiday Inn And Suites-Pooler (I-95 & Hwy 80) has been nothing short of superb. The hotel and rooms are always clean, comfortable and quiet. The staff all exhibit friendly, hospitable, and helpful attitudes on all shifts not only to my wife and I but to our 5 year old. We feel as though we are treated as family in our day to day interactions with hotel staff. Management under Dee and staff readily go the extra mile and are very proactive in assuring our needs are met. We often eat at the hotel restaurant, Kem's Cafe. The food is always well prepared and delicious, and service is prompt and efficient. The early evening free appetizers near the Bar are a nice treat after a long day at work and we look forward to them. Another plus is that kids eat free at Kem's. My wife and I through the years have stayed at innumerable hotels often five star establishments for vacations or medical conferences and cannot recall a better experience and staff hospitality than what this hotel continues to offer. The list of staff whom we've gotten to know and visa versa on a first name basis that deserve mention for their ever present positive, friendly and helpful attitudes and actions is too numerous to include in this review, but we are incredibly greatful to them all. Needless to say I highly recommend this hotel with no hesitation whatsoever.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hello Dsrothmd,

I want to thank you for the superb comments regarding your long term stay with us! We appreciate you sharing your experience with us! We are very grateful for the positive feedback!

I'm so excited to see that you and your family have enjoyed your stay! You are like family to us and it's been a pleasure getting to know you and yours. Our incredible employees here at the Holiday Inn & Suites Savannah Airport/ Pooler are happy to service you, your family, and every guest that stay at our wonderful facility!

Thank you again for the amazing comments! We really appreciate you staying with us!

Cookeville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

The hotel was clean, bed comfortable,very well located, and the check in staff were very nice. I have a couple of issues. The breakfast meal was OK, but the "hostess" treated her job like she was in a McDonald's, not a restaurant- asked me what I needed, etc as she walked thru the otherwise empty room with her phone in her hand rather than speak to me directly. Just didn't seem very interested in her job. My biggest issue was that housekeeping did not service my room while I was out al day. May seem like a minor deal or just a mistake, but when you have been out all day on a hot Savannah day, coming back to a clean, serviced room is important, not to mention I paid for it. Little things make for a better stay. The front desk offered to give me an extra coffee packet for the in-room coffee maker, but that's it. No offer for a voucher for breakfast or a comp. in any way, just an "I'm sorry about that." Housekeeping was gone so I understand there was nothing they could physically do for my messy room, but they did nothing to try and "make it right." Won't be back.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Dee M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear John P,

I want to thank you for your review and bringing to our attention your dissatisfaction with our Holiday Inn & Suites Savannah Airport/Pooler. Your feedback is incredibly important to us.

I would like to personally apologize for the problems that you and your family encountered during your stay. Your comments have been discussed with our management staff and actions were taken so this does not happen again.

We will continue to work tirelessly to make improvements in our service, quality, and cleanliness of our hotel. Although we failed you once, we hope you will give us another opportunity to show you that we can do better. Please contact me at (912) 330-5100 or dee@savannahholidayinn.com as I would like to discuss your previous stay and possible future stay. I can assure you that your next stay with our Holiday Inn & Suites will be a more satisfying experience!

georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

As a pooler resident, I was very disappointed with this stay and would not recommend this to anyone in our community. I stayed here for one night because my home was been renovated and I wanted to relax and rest in peace. I was really anticipating sitting in the whirlpool and unwinding only to find out once I stepped in that the temperature was approximately 70 degrees. The average temperature for a whirlpool spa should be around 95-105 degrees so needless to say I was very upset. I went to speak with the lady at the front desk to find out if there was someone in the facility that could take care off the situation but of course I was told they were not on duty at the time. It amazes me that when there is an issue that needs to be resolved the person that should take care of it is never around. This is typical with businesses these days true customer NO service. The room was a typical room nothing special, however, in the bathroom the tub had a large stain under the tiling that looked suspicious, hopefully it is not mold. One would think that housekeeping would report such things but not here. My husband and I decided that we would go to the lounge and order a take out meal and have a few drinks while we wait for the food. Well there was one female bartender who looked stressed and disheveled only to find out that she was also the waitress for the tables as well. We ordered drinks( beer and a glass of wine) anyway to pass the time while waiting on our food and the bar area was a mess, alcohol bottles and rags all over the place. Your local community can make you or it can break you, I will never stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dee M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear lowcountryboilers,

Thank you for bringing to our attention your disappointment with our Holiday Inn & Suites Savannah Airport/ Pooler. I want to personally apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced and assure you that it is not reflective of our usual standards of service and quality.

It is only with the valuable feedback from our guests that we can make improvements at our hotel so we appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We have corrected the issue with the temperature of the whirlpool. Also, we currently have a room preventative maintenance program in place to prevent any mold issues in our guest rooms and bathrooms. In addition, we have adjusted our staffing levels accordingly to meet the needs of our guests.

Although we have failed you once, I hope you will allow us the opportunity to win back your trust and prove our commitment to your satisfactory by choosing to stay with us again in the future. I would like to personally invite you back to stay at our hotel. Please contact me at (912) 330-5100 or dee@savannahholidayinn.com. I am confident that your next experience at the Holiday Inn & Suites Savannah Airport/ Pooler will be a much more pleasant one.

The local community is very important to us, as well as all guests that stay at our hotel. We take pride in providing excellent customer service and being the best hotel in Pooler, Ga!

Again, we regret the inconvenience you experienced with us previously and look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Stayed here last minute enroute to a family reunion. I chose it because it was the least expensive and I had good experiences at other Holiday Inns. This, not so much. I was not greeted as a member. I was not given my welcome bag. The check in area was updated as was the entire hotel, but it did not look like it was kept up. We had a front room and it was quiet.The room was clean, but the lack of attention to detail was glaring. Furniture and accessories were out of place. My hubby loved the slider switch that dimmed the nightstand light. The bed felt firm and comfortable, but I kept having to get up because my legs kept falling asleep. Not a problem anywhere else. Breakfast was gross. The only thing I ate was the English muffun. The fruit was warm and too soft. The scrambles eggs were not bright yellow, they were brown greasy tasting and looked like they wiped the kitchen floor with them. The coffee was bitter. My husband said his food looked hard like it had been sitting in a display case for a week. The room service man was very nice and did a good job. The housekeeping women were very nice. The staff were nice, but I don't know how competent. I was embarrassed that I brought my husband here.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear n2bn,

Thank you for writing a candid review about your recent stay with us. We are delighted to know that our location was suitable for the purpose of your travel. We appreciate the kind words intended for the staff. On the other hand, it is regrettable to read that your membership status was not recognized by the front desk staff, and that the breakfast items were a let down.

We have taken note of the issues you have raised and we thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am confident that our hotel will take action to avoid further inconvenience and improve guest satisfaction. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

My teenage son and I were stranded in Savannah overnight due to a cancelled flight.
Rather than impose another night on nearby relatives, we decided to just get a hotel room, since our flight out was at a horribly early hour.

I used the airport booking system and got a room at the Holiday Inn. The reservations clerk was just awesomely nice. She got us a room AND a discount; and the hotel sent a free shuttle to pick us up.

Check-in was a breeze. The front desk staff was friendly and efficient and we were in our room in no time at all. The room was big and VERY nice. FOUR pillows on the beds! FOUR! Everything was very clean and nice; the hotel was quiet during the night. There are a couple nice fast food restaurants within walking distance.

We scheduled the shuttle for our ride to the airport in the morning; and it was ready and waiting for us, so we were even able to leave early. (I'm one of those people who'd rather spend extra time at the airport than be late.) Of course, getting through the Savannah airport is a breeze, especially if you're used to the bigger airports, like Las Vegas.

If there was anything negative about the hotel room, it would be that the bathroom could use a little freshening up. It's not bad, and it was very clean and had lots of big wonderful towels, but it could use a little TLC.

Overall, I'd give the hotel and the staff a big "10". I would definitely stay there again, and I will highly recommend it to anyone staying in that area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Good Day Eileen W,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review about your stay at our Holiday Inn & Suites Savannah Airport/ Pooler! We really appreciate you staying with us during your time while stranded in our wonderful city.

I'm glad that your check in was a breeze, shuttle ride to and from the hotel was efficient and overall room accommodations were great! We are continuing to work on upgrading our bathrooms in each guest room.

Again, thank you for staying with us! We appreciate you sharing your experience and hope to see you again in the future!

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights. Hotel is furnished very nicely and seems to be a big property, though I didn't explore it all. The room had a couch, nice TV, bed and pillows were very comfortable. Shower made a funny noise when started up, but was good size. Nice fake flower decorations, and the hotel lobby had good lounge seating. The restaurant in the hotel was ok. The service was limited, not for lack of trying the waitresses were very nice, but there was only one person on staff and it was crowded the two nights I went, and food prep was slow. The food was good though for breakfast and dinner, kind of expensive though, but most hotel food is. Would stay here again, very convienient to highways 16 and 95. Front desk was nice and attentive. Internet was fast.

Room Tip: stayed on 4th floor, was very pleased.