“It's going to be really nice” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 12 hotels in Pooler
Clayton, Georgia
“It's going to be really nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights because they allow pets. Hotel is in the middle of a major renovation. The rooms on the 3rd and 4th floor are done and they're working on the 2nd floor and lobby now. We were on the 3rd floor. Room was a suite so very spacious, smelled clean and fresh and the beds were super comfy! Love all the new colors and chic boutique look they're going for. Our shower needed some work. Had a bad leak above shower and made a loud noise while water was running. This hotel is about 15 minutes drive from downtown Savannah. Free parking, free wifi and a great price. We'd stay here again!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
rhmoney62, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Good Afternoon KimberlyR734

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. It is good to know that our renovation was not too much of an inconvenience and that you like the new colors, I’m also happy to know that the beds were comfort table and your room was spacious and that our location worked for you. As you know we are still working on our hotel and we will be doing some improvements in our bathrooms to resolve the problem which you encountered.

Again, thank you for sharing your thought I look forward to meeting you when you visit Savannah again.

141 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Peachtree City, GA 30269
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

After spending one night in a horrible hotel we moved here and was wishing we had stayed the whole weekend here. Rooms are clean and the hotel smelled really nice. Checking in they were very nice and we're sympathetic to our experience at the other hotel. The hotel is under construction but not bothersome. We had breakfast the next morning and the server was outstanding. Thank you for turning a bad situation to a good one.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Good Day bdsiefert,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your feedback as I have been little busy with our renovations at our hotel. I am glad to see that your room clean and fresh and the staff at the desk and the restaurant were sympathetic and kind to you and that we were able to turn a bad experience into a good one.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope you stay with us again when you visit Savannah in the future

Best regards,

nc coast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I was traveling with a group of friends on bikes coming back from a trip to Florida. We spent one night here. The hotel itself is very nice and fairly priced. I am usually a big fan of Holiday Inn Express and stay there quite often on business and pleasure.

This is the first one that has ever refused to allow us to park our bikes under the awning out front for protection. We parked under a security light but sure enough my bike was broken into that night. The sorry individual's took my CD case, my camera and my MP3 player. It's my fault really, I should have know better than to leave my stuff in the saddle bags.

I informed the front desk the next morning and their response was that it had never happened before. I ask them to check the security cameras and they said that they didn't see anything. A couple of weeks later I received my CD's in the mail from the hotel. They said that the janitor had found them out back in the dumpster.

I still don't know what happened to my other stuff. I leave this review so that if you elect to stay here be sure that you take your valuables with you too your room! God Bless!

Room Tip: Watch your valuables!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear NcHarleyman,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and please next you travel keep your valuables where you can see them to avoid the same scenario in the future. I appreciate you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I shop by price on my trips up and down the I95 corridor, so when I found this Holiday Inn for 82++ (about $10 cheaper than the other I-95 hotels in the Savannah area on that particular date) I pulled the trigger. It was my fault I didn't check the hotel specifics to find they offered no complimentary breakfast; but it was very late at night (morning) and I had confused this hotel with another Holiday Inn at exit 94 in which one of the reviewers wrote that the free breakfast didn't include the usual sausage and gravy biscuits entree they found at other HI breakfasts, so I assumed the same complimentary breakfast at this location. Ok, my bad, so not a strike against this hotel, but you are trip advised of this. BTW they have a Hardees right in in front of the door, and for breakfast biscuit sandwiches Hardees is the place!

The Hotel was clean as a pin and they put us right in the end corner room, normally my favorite choice. However, we were in the end room closest to I95, and the traffic noise could be heard in our 3rd floor room. Also between us and the next room was the emergency stairs, not usually a problem, unless energetic children decide to use the chairs (Bang! goes the door and thump thump thump down the stairs goes the pattering of feet, both late in the evening and early in the morning when you may be trying to sleep. So ask for the rooms furthest away from I95 and not beside the emergency stairs.

Room very nice and clean, refrigerator, microwave, complimentary coffee. Only one chair in the king-sized bed room, no couch. We had asked for extra down pillows in our reservation, and the hotel gave us extra pillows, but all were foam rubbery. No complimentary bottled water, but vending machines offered the same. Flat screen tv with cable and HBO. Wi-Fi worked well in the room.

A/C unit was quiet and could make that room COLD! just the way I like it. Toiletries and towels were fine. Bathroom and tub clean.

All in all a good stay, and if I returned and picked a better room from what I know now, it would probably be a regular for our stops. But with no complimentary breakfast, not.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the low numbers and away from the fire exit stairs. That should put you on the qui...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear CaribbeanWonderer,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Lakewood, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My son and I had to go to Savannah on family business. Everything was exactly how I expected from my previous Holiday Inn-experience in other parts of the country. I had to add another day at the last minute, and this caused a small problem with my reservations, but it was handled courteously, quickly and professionally by their staff to my satisfaction. The room was clean,
the A/C worked quietly and efficiently, the beds were comfortable, and the staff was helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Book reservations through AAA
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Savannah, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I travel to Savannah several times a year and alwasys stay at a holiday inn. Since the there is one right off of 95, exit 102 near my work, I always stay there. SInce I am a plantimum card holder, I checked in early, but didn't really observe the entire room until late, the night of 8/29/13. When I entered the bathroom, it smelled like mildew. I thought possibly when the maids washed the bathroom floor, they used dirty water. I called the front desk and told them what I experienced and asked to talk to a manager on duty. I also mentioned if I could get my room changed, but they put me through the managers desk - Randy Money. Since I never got a phone call back, it felt like I had no choice but to stay in the room. The next day, as I was leaving, I ran into Randy Money in the lobby. I explained to him that I am the one that left a message on his phone last night. He was very apologetic about the condition of the room. He went on to say what the reason was, that is, a dirty shower curtain. When I asked why, he said that the maids may have missed that room and he left it at that! Normally, when there is a complaint at a holiday inn, management "fixes" or makes the stay less troubledsome by offering something off or accomondating that stay in some way. I was surprised that Randy Money did nothing to "fix" this issue. There was another review that made comments about the smell as well. You would think that if a manager read the reviews, they would have at least addressed this issue in the past! Signed, very dissatisfied customer!

Room Tip: Check the entire room out first. If you are not 100% satisfied, asked to be changed immediately!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
rhmoney62, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Good day, GordonM

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your experience regarding your stay at my hotel. I am disappointed to see that your stay was not very good due to odor of your room and my failure to resolve your situation to your satisfaction after we spoke that morning. I am truly embarrassed that I let you leave my hotel without resolving your concerns to your satisfaction and you are correct that as the General Manager I should have done more and I apologize that I did not.

Again, I appreciate your feedback and will use your comments to improve the way I handle my guest concerns

Panama City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I planned my trip to stop and spend the night in the Savannah area. I was very pleasantly surprised at the hotel. It was clean. The staff was very nice. My room was nice. Breakfast was great. They have a place to eat that is really nice. I did not know that and it was a very nice surprise. I try to stay away from gluten and most places offer lots of things not for me. This one I could order 2 eggs and bacon and homestyle potatoes. It was good but would have been better if I could have eaten later. The fog lifted and I needed to get on the road hence the earlier breakfast. I would recommend this place for all types of people.

Room Tip: I was at the end of the hall on the 2nd floor with stairs and drink machine and ice machine close. I...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
rhmoney62, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Good day Xangotraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at our Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Savannah/Pooler. I am very please to see that our hotel exceeded your expectations and that our staff and your room were nice. It is also good to know that you enjoyed your breakfast and that you found food that meet your dietary needs.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Savannah.

Best regards,

Randy

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler? Share your experiences!