“Rooms smelled” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Pooler
Savannah, Georgia
“Rooms smelled”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I travel to Savannah several times a year and alwasys stay at a holiday inn. Since the there is one right off of 95, exit 102 near my work, I always stay there. SInce I am a plantimum card holder, I checked in early, but didn't really observe the entire room until late, the night of 8/29/13. When I entered the bathroom, it smelled like mildew. I thought possibly when the maids washed the bathroom floor, they used dirty water. I called the front desk and told them what I experienced and asked to talk to a manager on duty. I also mentioned if I could get my room changed, but they put me through the managers desk - Randy Money. Since I never got a phone call back, it felt like I had no choice but to stay in the room. The next day, as I was leaving, I ran into Randy Money in the lobby. I explained to him that I am the one that left a message on his phone last night. He was very apologetic about the condition of the room. He went on to say what the reason was, that is, a dirty shower curtain. When I asked why, he said that the maids may have missed that room and he left it at that! Normally, when there is a complaint at a holiday inn, management "fixes" or makes the stay less troubledsome by offering something off or accomondating that stay in some way. I was surprised that Randy Money did nothing to "fix" this issue. There was another review that made comments about the smell as well. You would think that if a manager read the reviews, they would have at least addressed this issue in the past! Signed, very dissatisfied customer!

Room Tip: Check the entire room out first. If you are not 100% satisfied, asked to be changed immediately!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
rhmoney62, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Good day, GordonM

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your experience regarding your stay at my hotel. I am disappointed to see that your stay was not very good due to odor of your room and my failure to resolve your situation to your satisfaction after we spoke that morning. I am truly embarrassed that I let you leave my hotel without resolving your concerns to your satisfaction and you are correct that as the General Manager I should have done more and I apologize that I did not.

Again, I appreciate your feedback and will use your comments to improve the way I handle my guest concerns

Randy Money

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Panama City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I planned my trip to stop and spend the night in the Savannah area. I was very pleasantly surprised at the hotel. It was clean. The staff was very nice. My room was nice. Breakfast was great. They have a place to eat that is really nice. I did not know that and it was a very nice surprise. I try to stay away from gluten and most places offer lots of things not for me. This one I could order 2 eggs and bacon and homestyle potatoes. It was good but would have been better if I could have eaten later. The fog lifted and I needed to get on the road hence the earlier breakfast. I would recommend this place for all types of people.

Room Tip: I was at the end of the hall on the 2nd floor with stairs and drink machine and ice machine close. I...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
rhmoney62, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Good day Xangotraveler,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at our Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Savannah/Pooler. I am very please to see that our hotel exceeded your expectations and that our staff and your room were nice. It is also good to know that you enjoyed your breakfast and that you found food that meet your dietary needs.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Savannah.

Best regards,

Randy
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Liked everything.
Nice big room and jetpool.very clean and perfect
Perfect friendly service.
Nice outside pool.
The location was perfect...close to many restaurants
and short drive to historic savannah

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
rhmoney62, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Good Morning amerikafan53,

Thank you for the kind words about my hotel, it is always good to know that my staff is friendly, our rooms are clean and that our location is convenient to historic Savannah.

I hope you will visit us again on your next trio to Savannah.

Best regards,

Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

The lobby is immaculate, rooms are nice, hallway is clean. We noticed a sudden sewage-y smell in after we were all settled in. It was late and we were too tired to request a new room, so we just pushed a towel in front of the door to keep the smell contained. It surprisingly went away once the shower or sink were turned on. Overall nice stay, minus the smell

• Stayed August 2013
Good Morning MissK,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your recent stay at my hotel, I am glad to see that your room was nice and hallway was clean during your visit with. I’m disappointed to see that your room had an unpleasant odor. I will share your comments with my housekeeping an engineering team in hopes to find out what may have caused the sudden smell.

Again, thank you for feedback and I hope you stay with us again on your next visit to Savannah.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I decided to celebrate our 10 year anniversary in Savannah just days before our trip. Every hotel in Tybee Island and Historic Savannah was either booked or surprisingly overpriced. We resigned ourselves to stay in nearby Pooler, expecting to be disappointed with the accommodations. We were thrilled to find a newly renovated hotel with modern decor and friendly staff. After an exhausting day touring the historic district, we braced ourselves and dined at the hotel's restaurant. We expected the worst and were surprised by the menu and staff. Overall, great stay for the price and just 15 minutes outside of Savannah! Perfect romantic get-away.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
rhmoney62, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Good Morning, MelB1402,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts regarding you stay at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Savannah/Pooler. I’m glad to see that you enjoyed your visit with us and that you found our hotel staff to be friendly, our food was good and our hotels décor was to your liking. I’m very happy that our hotel was able to make your 10 year anniversary special.

Again, thank you for you comments and come back next year for on your anniversary.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

This was the best Hotel my husband and I have stayed in!! From the comfortable, clean rooms, great hospitality, and excellent food with your own TV at each table. The view wasn't great BUT WHO CARES!! We loved it!! The best part of the visit was the heated pool and the nice fitness area. We can not wait to visit again!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel stay. We checked in late and were thrilled with the convenient off highway location. Hotel was clean, service was good, easy check in and out. Beds and linens were comfortable as usual!! Great commuter stay.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler? Share your experiences!