“Good room, very nice staff, substandard bathroom” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Savannah Airport Inn & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Savannah Airport Inn & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Savannah Airport Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   155 Bourne Avenue, Pooler, GA 31322 (Formerly Bradbury Suites)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Pooler
GreenLeadersSilver level
Vienna, Virginia
“Good room, very nice staff, substandard bathroom”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

My family and I stayed here for two nights recently. Upon arriving we were greeted cheerfully by the staff. This set the impression of a well-run hotel immediately. The lobby was clean and spacious, the check-in was quick and efficient. We got up to the room (2 Queen Beds, plus a sofabed) and it was nicely appointed and very clean. The beds were raised a little higher than normal and very comfortable. There was a modern looking chest of drawers with compartments for a microwave and refrigerator.

The downsides were in the bathroom. I can only speak for Room 303, but feel this is probably found throughout the hotel. And I'll qualify this by saying that this seems to be standard in low to medium priced hotels, whether they are newly built or renovated. The paint was cracking at the top where the wall and ceiling met. That was minor. The biggest issue we had was the shower. The water pressure wasn't all that good. The pipe coming out from the wall was a very long "S" that raised the shower head so high, that if you're shorter than about 6 feet tall, it would spray directly into your face at it lowest direction, even if you were standing in the back of the tub. The only other issue was the vessel sink. It looked nice, but as the counter was a standard height already, adding another 5-6 inches of sink made it too high for shorter people. My family noticed this right away.

One other item of note was the A/C. When we got to the room the first night it was set at 69F. However, the room was warm and muggy. The problems are twofold. The 2Q/1SB rooms are too large for those units. The additional problem was that one of the beds is only a foot or less from the vent of the unit. The corner of the bed gets very cold and I am certain that the thermostat can sense this and assumes that is the temperature of the air in the room and adjusts accordingly.

We did not eat the free, hot breakfast either morning as it was busy with lines for the food and we needed to eat and run both days.

All in all, it is a very nice, clean, well-run hotel. We would stay there again, but would love to see improvements in the bathrooms. It's the small things that can sometimes make a huge difference.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Savannah Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Esteemed customer,

Thank you so much for posting this candid review about your stay with us on the Tripadvisor.
It was really good to learn that you found our hotel clean and the staff friendly however We regret that the bathroom and the cooling did not meet your expectations.

I will take oyur suggestions regarding the bathroom into cosideration and do the needfull at the earliest. I will also co-ordinate with the maintenance staff and check the coooling of the room.

I appreciate that despite experiencing these inconvenience you have decided to visit us again. I assure you that your next stay will be spotless and refreshing.

Looking forward to your stay with us the next time you visit this area.

BEST WESTERN PLUS

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

This place was SO much nicer than the price suggested. It's as cute as the pictures show. New, cool modern decor, super comfy beds, HUGE room (two queen business suite EXACTLY as shown in the picture online), great staff. I stay at cheaper hotels and I've come not to expect much. This one blew me away how nice it was. Wifi was good, but not the fastest I've seen. Had fridge and micro in room. Everything was new and fun and modern. Cool coloring-changing bubble thing in the lobby which will amuse toddlers. Bed just swallowed me up. Staff was fabulous.
Breakfast was only OK and typical--not bad but nothing out of the ordinary. White breads and sugary stuff. Eggs and sausage. OK Coffee. Honestly, with the money you save staying here, you can go get breakfast at a coffee shop and still come out ahead.
Right off of I95.

Room Tip: Double queen business suite was as cheap as any room and had bedroom and small living room. 2 TVs, a...
Green Features: It's very modern, but don't know details on this.
Dear Esteemed customer,

Thank you so much for posting this Amazing review about your stay with us on the Tripadvisor.
Wonderful to learn that you enjoyed you stay with us and liked the hotel.

However it was dejecting to learn that the breakfast did not meet your expectations. I will definitely discuss the same with the management.

We continuously strive to serve our guests in the best possible manner at all times during their stay with us.

I assure you that your next stay with us will be impeccable.

Looking forward to your stay with us the next time you visit this area.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

This is an above average hotel. The customer service makes it above average. We had a coupon with a discounted rate and the lady at the front desk, I think her name was Kayetta, went over and above what a usual front desk lobby person would do.
We checked in on a Tuesday and wanted to extend our stay until Friday. She said she could not extend the rate, but gave us the manager name that would be working the following morning and told us to let the manager know and it should not be a problem if availability was not an issue. Kayette was very professional and persuasive—she gave us a key to check out the room because I had doubts about the condition of a discounted room from prior experiences.
The room was very clean, fresh linen, fresh smell and no signs of mold. I was impressed! We booked the room and had a very pleasant stay. The breakfast was awesome, exterior looked good, and the sauna and hot tub was great! The only issue, well an issue for me because I like to exercise, was that all the equipment in the fitness room was not working. Get the fitness room correct, and I would have given this review 5 stars. I will definitely be back on my next visit to Savannah. You can’t beat the price and the service!

Room Tip: Take a tour of the room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Esteemed customer,

It was great to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the front desk staff friendly.

I shall pass on the word of your appreciation to them. It is our continuous endeavor to serve our guests par excellence.

However it was disturbing to learn that you could not use our fitness centre, I will immediately co-ordinate with my maintenance staff and get things in place.

I assure you that your next stay will be an impeccable one.

Looking forward to your staying with us the next time you are in this area.

Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

My Stay at the Best Western was very nice. It was very clean and the staff made sure to accomidate my families every need. I would definetly stay at the Best Wester in the future and recommend this place to family, and co-workers.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Savannah Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear Esteemed Guest,

Thank you very much for posting such a splendid review on the Tripadvisor about your stay with us.

We indeed feel proud to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed our clean rooms, friendly hotel staff and other services. It is our continuous endeavor to serve our customers par excellence at all times during their stay with us.

Do stay with us again for a wonderful experience the next time you visit
this area.

Warm Regards,
The Management Team,
Warner Robins, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

The exterior of the hotel was pleasant. The lobby was inviting, the room was clean and the breakfast was good. That's about all I can say in the positive. The night we arrived, the room wasn't ready for us (it was occupied by 2 small children), even though it was prepaid. We had to be relocated to another room on the top floor. The elevator was out of service, which made things very difficult on my wife, who is disabled. At least it was operational the following morning. The room containing the indoor pool was as hot as a sauna and the water wasn't much cooler than the air. Why they felt the need to keep the pool heated in the middle of summer is unfathomable. When I asked the front desk about it, the response was "It is a heated pool" with no offer to adjust the thermostat to be more seasonally appropriate. Our room was comfortably appointed, but the bed was very firm and the hideaway sofa (more accurately, a love seat) was uncomfortable for my child. She preferred to fold it back up and sleep on the couch with her feet hanging off the end, if that tells you anything. The key to the room was deactivated at least a hour before checkout, but the front desk was nice enough to reactivate it. It really didn't feel like they wanted our business.

Dear Esteemed Guest,

We regret to learn that your stay with us was not a comfortable one. I extend my heartiest apologies to you for any inconvinience you may have experienced during your stay with us.

I must look into the issue of the Elevator and the heated pool water and also about the hideaway sofa and resolve it at war footing.

I assure you that your next stay with us will be spotless and impeccable and would liike to invite you to stay with us on your next visit to this area.

Warm Regards,
The Hotel Management,
Albemarle, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

The hotel had a musty smell when we entered. But the lady at the front desk said they had just shampooed the carpets. The room was average in size. However, I did expect more for what I paid for the room. The hotel did appear to be clean. I saw no insects or an excessive amount of dirt and grim. My son wanted to use the fitness center but the only machine they had was out of order. This was disappointing.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

MasterkeyCares, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Savannah Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Dear Esteemed Guest Thank you for posting this review on Tripadvisor. It was nice to learn that you found the hotel clean and hygienic. Accept my apologies for the non-functional fitness center, I shall personally look into the matter and get things rectified. I would like to recommend you to try our business suites which are very spacious the next time you stay with us.

I assure you of a very pleasant and serene experiences the next time you stay with us. Looking forward to serve you par excellence the next time you visit this area.

Kind Regards,
The Management Team at
East Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

AS soon aa I opened the room's door I knew why the word 'Plus' is added to Bestern Western. I dn't know the room's dimensions, however this is the largest room ( or suite) I have had the opportunely to stay in. The bedroom area is 60% , with a king firm comfortable bed, and much empty space to the bed's right. A layz boy type hair would fit in nicely in this empty area. The other 40% is living room, with a small/medium couch, two end tables and a coffee table in front, still room left over. A woman I met in the laundry room told me their was the same size. Room #306.

Total furnishings are table/drawers on each side of bed. The bed faces a large cabinet which holds the micro/fridge and two large dwawers. Flat screen television with 48 channels. No guide on tv, but all channels listed in room's Guest Directory. Writing desk with leather/cloth swivel chair on rollers. Each table/stand has a lamp, with each lamp base having an electrical outlet. One metal luggage rack, with a small wooden table, that I used as a second luggage rack.

A fairly large walk-in closet. Metal rack & shelf with eight wooden hangers. Extra pillow & fannel blanket. The bed has five pillows & small rool like pillow. A full length mirror completely covers the closet's door.

A shower/tubcombo. Hot water for shower in twenty seconds, probably because of being on the third floor. Plenty of towels, shampoo & conditioner. A large safely handle on inside wall. waall to wall sink counter, with the sink being raised above the counter. Water for the sink very soft. Hair dryer & coffee maker.Large counter mirror, with three over head lights. A plastic soap dish, nice touch. Overall bath/bedroom very clean.

Guest laundry on first floor. Two wshers & dryers. $1.50 each washer, with $1.00 for dryers. Dispensers for soap, bleach & softeners. Also in laundry room an ice machine. On third floor an ice & soda venting machines.

The lobby is HUGE. Long & short couches & four single chairs. Two guest computers. A guest will be greeted with two sets of automatic sliding doors, with one door always open. Two large luggage racks between doors.

Breakfast is 6:00 to 9"00. Seven tables, with four chairs each. There is a eating counter, with four chairs pre side, with breakfast area being huge in size. A choice of three dry cereals. Orange, apple & cramberre cocktail juice. A cafftivate coffer maker. Biscuits, muffins & rools. rolls. Two waffle makers. Containers of yogurt. Breakfast area very clean. One waman was continually restocking breakfast items.

Smooth operating elevator. A side door points to the Mightly Eighth Air Force Museum. If a guest is here to visit the museum,mention this fact to the front desk on check-in, the guest will be given a discount coupon. This facility was not my first choice, because of the cost. Two nearby motels, just south, were only 55% the cost of B.W.'s price. However their reviews were not the best, while B.W.'s reviews were all postive. I would rather pay more to get more than less.

Christal made check-in very smooth. All staff members are polite, friendly & helpful. NO accents. All handicapped rooms are located on first floor, not far from the front desk. The facility's pool is inside. Plenty of parking.

The only minus was a red roach the fisrt mornung. The may have come up the tub's drain. When I returned in the afternoon, the tub's drain was shut, which I left shut.

Of the four Best Western on a recent trip, I rate this facility as #1, even with a small room visitor. I wouldn't hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Splendid review Dear Esteemed Guest, It was really exhilarating to read it. It was satisfaction personified to learn that you enjoyed each and every minute amenities to the fullest. This gives us immense joy and pride. It is also commendable that you remember each detail so vividly. We would love to have you back to stay with us on your next Trip.

Kind Regards,
The Management Team at,
BEST WESTERN PLUS Savannah Airport Inn & Suites

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Savannah Airport Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!