“Not all Microtels are alike!” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Pooler

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
LAKELAND
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

The prices were great. The staff were all nice and friendly. The room however was a different story. The room smelled funny. The AC didnt work very well, you were either hot or cold no in between. The noise it made was very disruptive. The carpet was beyond nasty and it was damp to the touch. We had to wear shoes so our feet didnt get dirty. The bathroom was fine. The water pressure was excellent. The beds were clean. We had a herd of elephants staying above us. They must have been jumping off the beds because they were very loud. The free breakfast was gross. They took eggo waffles out of a hall closet and put them in a cabinet for you to pick from. McDonalds looked so good. We were on a fixed budget so we dealt with what we got but if you have a little more money stay somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

FROSTPROOF
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We always try and stay at a Microtel because the beds are so good. this place was horrible.
worst I have ever slept.
TV was old and we had to keep hitting it to get it to stay on.
but I was so disappointed in the bed more then anything because thats why we choose it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Upon arrival, the check-in was quick and pleasant. The location was ideal for us. Short drive off I-95 and between Garden City and Bloomingdale the two towns where we had to attend functions. The price was good. The room was neat and clean. On the other hand, the breakfast, was lousy. Items were bagels, one kind of cold cereal, muffins, milk, water down juices and no kind of meat. We spent two nights and both days the breakfast was the same. Fortunately lots of eateries are near by. Apart from the breakfast I like the accomodations and if ever we are in that area we will stay there.

Room Tip: We were on first floor 3 rooms down the hall from lobby. Area was very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Brunswick, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

This has got to be my favorite quick-booked hotel. I had a late train arrival just needed some place to spend the night before driving home the next morning. To be honest, I'd always skipped over the Microtels because I didn't think they would be worth the chance. Sorry. This time I really was just looking for a cheap bed to lay in for the night and didn't do much more than glance at the price and outside picture. No, I didn't look at the reveiws either. When I finally walked into the room that night, I actually wished out loud that I was staying more than one night. LOL
The overall room was clean. The bathroom and bedsheets were clean. (My main concerns) I didn't like the toilet but I just don't like toilets. (I'm currently fighting with my own toilet at home.) The bed was very soft and comfy. Breakfast was...continental. (Someone said theirs was lukewarm? I think the toaster did a darn good job toasting my bagel. LOL) This property was undergoing renovations but the only inconvienience noticed was the main stairwell painting: my room was right across the hall from the main stairs to the lobby, so I had to walk all the down the hall to use the stairs. I guess, I needed the exercise. :)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
LAKE CITY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

they could have infromed me prior to booking that the hall ways would be atotal mess and odor was terrible.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

MANAHAWKIN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

When we arrived, the receptionist was having diffulty dealing with the ordor of paint and warned us not to touch the walls in the hallway as they had just been painted. We checked in, around 7:15 pm, and went to our room to unpack before going to our son's house for dinner. My wife complained to me about the paint smell and wanted to find another motel. I insisted that we stay and we left for our son's. Over the ensuing 3 1/2 hours I was "persuaded" to find another place to stay during our trip. On our way back to the Microtel, we booked another motel and canceled our stay when we arrived back at the Pooler, GA Micretel. They were very understanding, but informed me that the stay was prepaid through United Airlines and that I would have to contact them to get a refund, do. which I will

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pooler/Savannah? Share your experiences!