We were in Pine Mountain for a wedding and the bride visited many accommodations in the area and recommended Pine Mountain Chalets for the convenience and affordability. The hotels in Callaway Gardens are WAY overpriced, so this option was very affordable given that multiple couples could split the cost of one chalet with 3 or more bedrooms. The chalets are privately owned and almost every single one our group stayed in was very outdated, but they served their purpose and were clean enough. There was dust in corners and on baseboards and some cobwebs, but you had to consider the fact that you were in the woods. The chalets are very close together, but I could see this being a decent place for a quick spring/ summer/fall getaway with the kids as the chalet park had a nice lake, pool and many activities for kids and a family. My only real complaint other than the dust would be that our chalet was listed as a 3 bedroom, but one of the bedrooms was a "loft" therefore exposing that couple to the entire shared space. It should be advertised as a 2 bedroom with 1 loft sleeping space. I doubt we will ever return, but its not an awful place for a quick weekend away from the city.
- Also Known As:
- Pine Mountain Club Chalets Hotel
- Pine Mountain Club Chalets Hotel Pine Mountain
- Pine Mountain Hotel Chalets
- Pine Mountain Resort Chalets
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A serene 65-acre Alpine village surrounding a 12-acre fishing lake. Chalet-style cabins can be rented as 1-8 bedrooms that can sleep 2-20 people. Chalets are privately owned vacation rentals, each reflecting the decor and taste of the owner of each unit. Amenities included are: swimming pool, flat bottom boats and canoes, putt-putt golf, ping-pong, pool tables, foosball, tennis, basketball and volleyball. Onsite management office is open 8:30 to 5:30 each day for linen exchange and equipment check-out. ... more less