“Good coffee” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Gardens Restaurant Dinner: Friday-Saturday, 5:30 p.M.-9 P.M. Gardens admission not required. Callaway Gardens' fine-dining venue is distinguished by an elegant atmosphere and creative dishes incorporating locally and regionally grown food products. Unique appetizers, healthy salads, and steak, seafood and pasta entrees adorn a menu that changes with the seasons to take advantage of the most current flavors. Located in Callaway Gardens' original golf clubhouse, the Gardens Restaurant overlooks serene Mountain Creek Lake and the picturesque 10th hole of the Lake View Golf Course.
“Good coffee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

Stopped for some coffee at the restaurant near the Discovery Center. The coffee was very reasonably priced (~$1) and the other menu items seemed "reasonable" or a park (~$6 burger?). Oh, and the coffee was good!

Visited June 2012
CallawayGardens1, Public Relations Manager at Gardens Restaurant at Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for your post. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time and your coffee at the Discovery Center.

Gadsden, Alabama
“Table with a VIEW!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I actually went for dinner here because of a Trip Advisor review from last week. Hardly anyone was there and we got a table outside. (Your other reviewer was correct - inside decor was over the top --- but the outside view of the lake, trees, greens was truly a postcard at sunset). I had a frilled Mahi Mahi with a curry rub - topped with a tomato type chunkie homemade salsa. Salsa a little bland - but probalby intentional not to overshadow the wonderful light curry seasoning on the fish. The side veggie was bok choy... actually 3 minature bok choy plants sauteed in butter I think, whilted outter leaves with the stalks tender al dente. The basmati rice beneath the fish was a nice compliment. My wife had a trout (pan fried) - ample portion -- done perfectly. She was given a mushroom risotto side that I was jealous of after tasting it. That was our first time - I look forward to a return, assuming I can get on the outside dining area again.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Excellant! We love to hear that guests had a wonderful experience. The view of the lake and trees at sun set is awesome there at the Gardens Restaurant. We do share all comments with the staff so that they know they are doing an excellant job. Thank you for the post and we hope that you will return to enjoy the Gardens Restaurant again soon.
Peachtree City, Georgia
“Good choice in Pine Mountain”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

For an evening meal, the Gardens restaurant was a good choice. We were lucky and could sit outside to enjoy our meal (the decor inside was quite over the top and would probably have distracted me from the meal!). The salmon was quite tasty with a large portion. My husband ordered the stone crab special and was very satisfied. If in the area again, i'd go back.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your post. Hearing that you enjoyed the food and the view is great to hear. We hope that if you are in this area again, that you will dine at the Gardens Restaurant.
Grayson, Georgia
“Food was Good...Service staff was new...and slow”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We ate here one night while staying at the Inn. The restaraunt wasn't crowded (lots of open tables) but we were asked to wait 30 minutes because the staff was new. Our waitress was obviously new as she forgot some things and everything was VERY SLOW....bread, drinks, appetizers, dinner, dessert. But, as I said, they were breaking in new staff (college aged kids) that just arrived. With all that...the food was actually really good. Our appetizers (homemade chips and stuff BBQ potatoes) were excellent. As was my hamburger and the wife's pizza. The pizza's crust was burnt, but the manager removed that item completely from our bill. I would recommend this place for the food..and the service will get better....plus, not a lot of other choices around!

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for the honesty on your post. We appreciate all comments. I apologize for the slowness of the staff and service. Guest feedback is our best method for making improvements. Looking forward to you visiting again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
“Gardens Restaurant at Callaway Gardens”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

We were disappointed with our meals and are bummed be/c we looked forward to it. I am not a foodie. I like almost everything. My chicken breast I think was fried paired with mushy petite potatoes with an overpowering BBQ sauce with craisins poured over everything. My plate looked like a train wreck. My child had Mac n cheese. It had to be the micro version we make at home. Granted she liked it but it was expensive. Restaurant is Very expensive and well below avg. Next time I come back to the GArdens and I will - we are bringing our own food and cooking at the cabin!

• Visited May 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience at the Gardens Restaurant. We do appreciate your post because guest feedback is the best way for us to improve. The post has been shared with the Director of Food and Beverage. We hope you will visit again in the future.