This place had been around for fifty years or more. It's the old small roadside type motel that used to predominate rural America up into the mid 70's. It could use some fresh paint and updating here and there, but overall it's a pretty nice basic motel, and best of all it's not owned by a big chain. The owners are who you deal with when you are there and they are both very nice and accommodating. The room was clean and the a/c worked great, which was a really good thing as it was hot and humid when we visited in late June 2014. We will have our young niece for a couple of weeks in July or August and plan to take her to Callaway Gardens one weekend. I fully intend to stay here again then. It's only about five minutes to Callaway Gardens.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- White Columns Motel is a quiet and peaceful lodging in Pine Mountain for more than 50 years. Walking distance to nearby restaurants and close to nearby attractions Callaway Gardens, FDR State Park, Wild Animal Safari and Butts Mill Farm. Travelers awake refresh and enjoy coffee with breakfast in the lovely landscaped lawn with blooming plants such as azalea, hydrangeas, tulips, gardenia and a magnificent Magnolia tree with a swing hanging from its limb. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your White Columns Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Columns Hotel Pine Mountain
- White Columns Pine Mountain