“A great place to celebrate your anniversary - very romantic.” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Fantasy In Lights
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Pine Mountain
Richmond, VA
“A great place to celebrate your anniversary - very romantic.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

I surprised my wife with an anniversary trip to Pine Mountain, GA located less than 90 minutes (w/ traffic), southwest of Atlanta. We arrived and immediately started to explore. Surprised to learn they can handle conferences here to - I wish our company had meetings at great locations like Callaway. Lots to see and do in a huge woodland garden. We intended to use the spa during our stay but ran out of time. We were busy using the walking trails, bike trails or visiting the many facilites located throughout the property designed to give guests something unique to enjoy. Some of the places we enjoyed (among the many) the butterfly house, the "Birds of Prey" show, the Indoor/Outdoor Botanical Gardens, to the beautiful walk through the Azalea Gardens while hearing beautiful organ music wafting through the trees on Easter Day. The Gardens Restaurant was wonderful. Service and food were outstanding - sitting on the back covered deck (outside) looking out over a beautiful lake and golf course. Our only regret is not being able to stay longer, we hope to come back in the Spring again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

Well maintained gardens and inn. The Mountain Creek Inn is dated, but kept very clean, and the service was excellent. Would have liked fitted sheet on bed to be standard, but when requested did receive them the same day.

Small town so restaurant options are few if staying in area. The restaurant in the Mountain Creek Inn has its best buffet on weekends. During the week it is southern cooking which will appeal to some and not to others. Friday is seafood and Saturday Italian.

Jacksonville FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2010

My mothers parents were from this little town called Pine Mountain Ga. I thought this would be a fun weekend so we flew into Harris County airport and used their fleet car to get to the hotel. We were amazed of how bad the attitude was of the people working at this hotel. They acted as if we were an inconvenience instead of helping this aging hotel stay afloat. They have a buffet at night were the whole town seems to come so we thought that this was the best food prepared in the area. Again we were surprised that the food was marginal at best. The prices for the food were $25 per person for dinner and $11 per person for breakfast buffet.

Having visited Callaway Gardens many times growing up it looks as if any monies from the state have bypassed this area and I can see why most of my friends today have never heard of the place.

On a good note eat breakfast at the Country Store. Very friendly people and great food.

Georgia, US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2010

The pool and spas are outdoor it was lovely in the winter period. You do not get cold it is brillant.

Unique lovely rooms.

Hotel working towards a greener future.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

Our group booked six rooms as part of a Spring package which included a buffet dinner and breakfast, as well as admission to the gardens.

Our room overlooked the pool area and was designed for wheelchair use (which we had not requested nor needed). The doorways to the closet and bath were extra wide and the shower had a height-adjustable/hand-held optional shower head and a fold down seat. The room was spacious with two comfortable queen-sized beds decked out with fluffy white luxury style duvets. The furniture and carpet looked fresh, including a desk and chair, upholstered chair with ottoman, table, nightstand and armoire with old-style TV. We had cable TV and free internet.

There was some cosmetic damage around the doorway in the bathroom, and the fan over the shower didn't work. When I inquired of our friends at breakfast, one had a non-working ventilating fan and another one had a working one, and it was quite loud, so maybe it was just as well that ours didn't work.

We enjoyed socializing over drinks in the nearly empty large bar and moved on to the dinner buffet, which included tilapia, pork and chicken. My items were all tasty and the right temperature. The breakfast buffet included fruit, yogurt, scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, grits and numerous types of breads. The only thing I didn't enjoy was a small danish which was stale.

Our stay was on a Thursday night, and not that many people were at the Inn. We observed quite a bit of cleaning and sprucing up going on around the grounds while we were there. It was too cold to use the large pool, but it looked clean and well maintained. (There is only one pool, and it is outdoors.)

We would be inclined to stay there again next spring -- maybe then we'll have a "normal" winter and the azaleas will be open!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2010

I had a business meeting here and was not expecting much for the middle of nowhere Georgia. However, I was pleasantly surprised. The Lodge was extremely clean and nicely appointed. The staff was very friendly and helpful, but truthfully I didn't really need them to do anything. The room was standard, but clean and the bathroom was ENORMOUS and super clean. I know I am using clean a lot here, but that is a big issue I find with a lot of places I travel to. Separate tub and shower and a huge vanity, which I love.

I used the gym and it was also clean, stocked with towels and the equipment was very decent.

The decor is very traditional, but I think that's what people expect. I am a more modern fan, but I think the people who go there are older and they like it.

The pool area was beautiful and had a large jacuzzi.

I don't know if I would come here on my own, but I would come back for a business meeting. We liked it.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Vestavia Hils, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

We have been visiting Calloway Gardens for over 20 years. We go at least a couple of times a year. They have a plush new Lodge and Spa that accommodates large conventions. The Inn is still a great place to stay especially near the pool. The Cottages and Villas are still the favorite. Our last trip we rented a one bedroom Villa that was on a lake, had a fire place, kitchen, screened porch, upper level balcony and 2 sitting areas both with TVs as well as 2 double beds. Parking was at the door. It was great!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Been to Callaway Gardens Resort? Share your experiences!