“Yay!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Zoos & Aquariums
Activities: Group tours/bus tour, Driving
More attraction details
Owner description: Visitors to this 500-acre park can view exotic animals on a self-drive or on a group bus tour.
chattanooga, tn
45 attraction reviews
“Yay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We finally found something that we enjoyed on Pine Mountain! I loved this adventure. We have also done this in Strawberry Plains, TN. It is also a great place to visit. This one had more of a variety of animals and they had a larger area to view. We loved the paved drive thru. We took our car instead of renting. I would probably recommend renting even though nothing happened to our car. I spent quite a bit of time worrying about them damaging my car. We were closer to these animals than we have ever been and probably will ever be again. Loved it!! I wish we could have spent more time there. I recommend atleast 3 hours. We bought three bags of food and had plenty. The walkabout was also fun. I couldn't believe how interactive the bears were. So cool that they came right up to the fence. I did feel a little sorry for some of the animals in smaller enclosures but they seemed to be well cared for. We would love to go back but wish there was more to do on Pine Mountain!

Ga.
14 attraction reviews
“Fun for all Except The Animals In Walk THru Area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

Came here last year and loved it so much that I brought my Dutch friends here on their most recent visit to Ga. in mid September. Although it’s almost a 2 hour drive, it is totally worth the trip from Atlanta. You cannot get closer to so many different real life animals in any zoo or place I know of in Ga.. Besides once you get outside the big city, the driving is pretty relaxed and the scenery nice. Last time we came here, we used our own car ‘at our own risk’ as they put it. This time however since we were in a rental car, we choose to rent one of their zebra stripped safari cars just to be on the safe side to not damage the rental car in any way. Not that the animals are really dangerous to your vehicle. But the lady did say cars have been damaged in the past and they do make this clear before you enter in your own car. So be fore-warned if you are in a brand car, you might not want to risk it either and rent one of theirs or ride the bus when it’s running. The rental fee was $15 so worth it versus a broken window (heard about a lady who got scared and tried to roll up her automatic window on a bison=broken) or a scratched up car.

When you get to the safari entrance, you drive down a long road. Drive all the way back to the main office where you then pay and get your feed. I agree that if you are riding on the bus, you can get away without buying a lot of food as lots of others on the bus will be feeding the animals too. So 1 or 2 bags might work for this. Last time when we were in our own car, we got 4 bags of feed. It was not enough and we ran out of food well before the end. This time however we went all out and got the ‘family fun pack’ of 8 bags of feed. Yes this sounds like a lot of food, but believe it or not, even with 8 bags we still ran out before the end!

If you are on a budget, there are a few picnic tables if you want to bring some food. They also have an on site eatery which is in the same building where you buy tickets. So you can get something to eat or drink before or after your trip thru the park. Right next door is a very nice gift shop which has great prices and cute shirts. There are also bathrooms on site and trust me you will need to wash up when done with your ride.Ha! Ha! My suggestion is make sure to bring a ‘slobber towel’ for each person in your party. Or you can buy one before entering at the gift shop. That way no matter how much you get slobbered on while feeding the animals you can clean up as you go and not feel as gross when you get back to wash up.

Once you start thru the main gate and drive into the park, it’s feeding time! Lots of animals usually gather by the entrance as they know food will be a sure bet. Don’t hand out all your food right away because the drive is a lot longer than you think as the road is very winding. Or do like we did and get the family pack as it was really worth the $$$. The weather was very warm the day we went this time, so some of the animals were waiting in the shade. Not to worry, a few loving calls of ‘come on, come on’ will usually get them up and running to your car.

There is also a walk thru zoo area to visit, so don’t forget to do this as it’s really fun also. This is where they keep the lions, bears and even some white wolves. The bears are real hams for treats and will sit up and call out to you. My only real gripe of this entire place is in the walk thru reptile area there is a VERY SMALL TINY cage with 2 tiny monkeys in it. I think there are nocturnal or something. These poor monkeys deserve a better area and more stimulation than this tiny glass box!!!!! Also I think this area needs an attendant to better supervise the kids when they go into there. Plus for some reason they have a giraffe that is in a glassed off room instead of being outside which I find rather cruel too. This area needs a real refurbishment and better areas for the animals there.

Overall I find this place loads of fun and the animals in the park seemed to be a bit skittish but they are mostly wild animals so that is to be expected. If you want something fun to do with the kids, give it a try I think you will enjoy it to.

Visited September 2013
Atlanta, Ga
“Awesome - Thoroughly enjoyed it.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We arrived about 3:30 PM on a Sunday afternoon and practically had the whole place to ourselves! We choose to be passengers on the bus in lieu of renting a van or driving our own car through the park. I bought 2 bags of the treats to feed the animals and located a couple more 1/2 bags that were either left on the bus or in the parking lot. The animals must have been pretty full because only the Giraffes and camels were intereste in the snacks and will eat right out of your hands. The driver was so attentive to the animals and has a cute or funny story about nearly all of them. I really enjoyed the animals very entertaining and their open home and lanscaping is just beautiful! I do feel so sorry for the many caged animals though they seemed very bored as did the Rhino. They do seem to be very well taken care of though. DISLIKE: Do not even think about using the womens restroom. There's absolutely no excuse to have a public restroom with this degree of nastiness. It was disgustingly horrible and really needs some attention.

Visited August 2013
Kennesaw, Georgia
“Super time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My daughter and I went as a special trip. Since it was a weekday they were not running the bus. If they are running the bus, I would take it! We rented a van, and it was a little alarming for me to drive with a ginormous moose head sticking in the window. I don't think there had been many people through that day, and so the animals would kind of get in front of the van and not let you move. HOWEVER, we had a really good time. I laughed so hard at my daughter screaming and squealing! All animals were friendly, even a little too friendly at times. The walk through was amazing, and how often will you get to pet a giraffe that is just months old? You need to go. Restrooms definitely need some attention - but hey - you're on safari right?

Visited October 2013
Ormond Beach FL
6 attraction reviews
“Up Close”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

You really get to see and experience the animals. I would suggest going in the spring or fall. We went in the summer and it was very hot. I also would not take your own car rather one of the cars/vans you can rent.Kids loved it!

Visited July 2013