“Friendly staff, new property” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Perry
Tulsa
“Friendly staff, new property”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Loved the newness, decor and friendly, accommodating staff. Perry is a small, relatively safe town and this property would be a good choice near I-75 in that area. However, the non-slip coating in the tub was already a little grungy-brown, and, as others have mentioned, it was as if there wasn't enough breakfast food to go around, despite the staff's best efforts. For instance, there was a box of purchased donuts rather than HIE's signature cinnamon rolls. They'll probably figure those issues out as time passes, though, as everyone seemed to be trying hard to please the guests. I'd stay there again.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Rapunzel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
I am concerned about the problem you encountered at our hotel during your recent visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. Be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed and that appropriate action has been taken. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future. We want each of our guests to feel at home with us. Please accept my sincere apology. Once again I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concern with us. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights while attending the RV conference at Perry fairgrounds. The little town of Perry was very very busy and this hotel had its share of guests which created a few hiccups. On the plus side, property is NEW and fresh. Right off the interstate. Plenty of parking. Nice staff. Lots of TV channels . Our criticisms are more toward HIExpress corporate than this specific property.

The internet in the evening was so slow, at times useless. We travel a lot and have experienced this at a few different HI Express properties. They need to upgrade whatever to make "hi speed internet" a reality instead of a promised amenity.

The water pressure in our shower was very poor. This is a 4-story property with ONE elevator and ice machines only available on floors 1 and 4.

The breakfast area never seemed "abundantly stocked". The attendant, Anna, was very hard working but things just seemed picked over all the time. It felt like they were rationing the food.

The last "negative" is again more of an issue with HIExpress in general, not this property. The decor scheme of their newer properties is not super practical. In this case, we booked a suite and it would have been nice to have at least a small table in the living area. Instead we got a HUGE ottoman and HUGE wall of sofa. No place to set a coffee cup (or beer lol) while watching tv. Brought a pizza back to your room? Good luck balancing that on your lap.

P.S. beds are super hard which is a plus or a minus depending on your preference!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
South Deerfield, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Ok we just checked in and I was so far very impressed thinking this was the best HIE I have ever stayed at anywhere in the country. Then I looked at the tub it had a hair, a black marks, red dried spots in the tub. The safety handle on the tub was missing the top cap leaving sharp screws exposed where you could cut yourself. The person at the desk did offer to let us change rooms but we were exhausted from driving hours. I appreciated the offer and that they were going to follow up with this issue. Except for that one problem this hotel was beautiful and comfortable.

Stayed March 2014
Rapunzel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Traveler,
I appreciate the review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service in our housekeeping department. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and witness how we have improved in this area. Thank you once again for your comments!
Loganville, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Only open 3 weeks when we stayed, the rooms are beautiful. A few minor glitches to be expected with a new property, I expect they'll be quickly ironed out. We stayed in a suite and it was great. 2 big TVs, lovely seating area and the couch was a fold out, so this room would easily sleep 6. The bathroom was huge. There is a kitchenette with sink, microwave and fridge. They have a free breakfast bar and it was very good. Will definitely stay here again! And important to me, they are pet friendly.

Room Tip: Go for the suite, especially if you have kids with you
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Our team members are working harder than ever to deliver the exceptional service you have come to expect and appreciate your thoughtful comments! We look forward to your next visit. Thank you for such a nice review.
Newnan, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

Leaving Atlanta area before ice storm hit on Tuesday, Feb 11, drove to Perry and saw that they had a new Holiday Inn. We pulled in and they had a room. Check-in was easy. When we got to the room, husband checked around, found an old soap in shower soap dish and needed towels. called the front desk and they apologized and said they would bring them up when they could. So I volunteered to come down and get them. Other than that the room was roomy and clean. Breakfast the next morning was good. Check out was easy and then we hit the road.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
I am concerned about the problem you encountered at our hotel during your recent visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. Be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed and that appropriate action has been taken. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future. We want each of our guests to feel at home with us. We are pleased that you had a good night sleep and enjoyed our breakfast. Please accept my sincere apology. Once again I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concern with us. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Been to Holiday Inn Express? Share your experiences!