“Jameson inn” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 25 hotels in Perry
orillia
“Jameson inn”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

What a great place. Very clean . Extremely friendly staff. Very reasonable. Close to good restaurants.just off I 75. Only $62 per night . Paula who worked at the reception was extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast offering was very good and included.

Room Tip: I had room 103. My car just outside. Excellent!!!!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

69 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Crossville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I normally stayed in a different hotel when in Perry, till I checked the prices and tried it one night. I will be a repeat guest from now on. When I checked in I asked how clean the rooms was and the clerk said cleanest in town, I said you sound a bit confident, she said just stay a night and see for yourself, I did and loved it. The beds are wonderful, bathrooms clean, flat screen TV, good WIFI.....cant complain. I highly recommend this hotel if in Perry, GA.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Rancho Palos Verdes, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The Perry GA Jameson made me realize how much I am going to miss see as many hotels of this brands as many have been converted to other chain hotels. This hotel is clean, has a very friendly staff and great breakfast. Perry is a great stopover when traveling from and to Florida on I75. The refrigerator is always a plus, and the pool well maintained! This property is well managed by all that I witnessed! Great Job!

Room Tip: No rooms with a view! I did not hear any street noise!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is a fantastic hotel for travelers going up and down I-75. It is located in central Georgia, just off the interstate highway. There are many restaurants and stores close by that are walking distance from the hotel.

It is also pet friendly. This is the best Jameson Inn we have stayed in, period!

Room Tip: Non-Smoking Room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Jenks, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

Room was nice and clean with a refrigerator. Pool was a nice break on a very hot summer day. When the staff saw us walking they offered us a ride but restaurants are close and within easy walking distance. Staff went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed to make our stay comfortable and worry free.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lakeside Park, Ky
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Our recent stay in June was extremely disappointing!
I chose this property for a night’s stop on our way to Florida while traveling with our small dog. All I wanted was a dog friendly location and a room with a refrigerator to keep our dog’s food cold. Pretty reasonable expectations for a place that is supposed to be pet friendly!

The first problem was that there was no place to walk my dog, a Westie! The grass was as high as he was. It was tall enough that it had gone to seed. This made it really difficult for him to head natures call. I ended up walking him at Howard Johnsons, just across the street. (Maybe I’ll stay there next time?)

The next problem was that the Mini Fridge wasn’t cold! I had to make multiple trips to the ice machine to refill our cooler so that our dog’s food would not spoil.
“Our premium rooms include a mini-refrigerator and microwave.”

When I inquired about these issues at the desk, here’s what I was told.
The grass was high due to the recent rains. I guess this prevented it from being cut. When I was there, it was hot and dry! The grass had however been cut at the adjacent hotels and restaurants. Somehow they found a way to deal with this problem.
When I asked about the fridge, I was simply told that the knob to control the temperature “had been stolen” and the temperature could not be adjusted.
This problem as well could have been easily solved. I would bet they make replacement knobs. The mini fridge in the breakfast area had a control knob!

Then the next morning I asked for a USA Today and I was told there were none, “no papers for a while now”. But apparently not long enough to take this information out of the reservation information. A trivial problem, but an indication of how little they regard their guests.

I specifically wanted a room with a refrigerator to keep the dog food cold! Their web site suggests that there are “areas designated by Guest Services to walk your friend”, apparently this location had none.

In none of these situations was I offered any solution, just excuses.

According to their website, "Jameson Inns has a reputation for great customer satisfaction. We know what Southern Hospitality is all about and we live it everyday. In fact, Jameson Inn has been recognized nationally as the leading hotel brand in our segment for customer satisfaction." This must not apply in Perry, GA!
“It is our desire that every guest is completely satisfied with every visit. If an issue arises while staying with us, please immediately contact the hotel's General Manager so that we may properly address any concerns or problems you may have during your stay. Please give us the opportunity to correct any situation while you are still with us.” I tried this approach and you can see where it got me!

When I asked the local manager for a credit or discount, I was told that I had already received a discount, I got the AARP rate. So, it appears that if you pay less than the rack rate, you should expect to receive less for your stay there.

I contacted their corporate headquarters, they did not respond to my email or my phone calls.

Pass on the Jameson Inn in Perry!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Summerfield, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

At first I thought the bed might be too hard, but I slept like a log and woke up feeling better than I have for years and I have a very bad back. The room was very clean. Ask for a bed as far from I-75 as possible because it is loud. The staff was friendly and made me and my dog feel welcome. I would DEFINITELY stay here again. It was a godsend, since the nearby La Quinta burned down two years ago (Garmin GPS apparently hadn't gotten the word!). I have no complaints for the money.

Room Tip: Keep away from the freeway side if possible.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Jameson Inn Perry? Share your experiences!