“This hotel is ranked #1 for Good Reason!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #1 of 25 hotels in Perry
Gainesville, FL
“This hotel is ranked #1 for Good Reason!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Trip Advisor Review of Microtel Perry, GA

I booked this hotel at the last minute when I was driving from Florida to Tennessee and was not able to drive straight through due to an ice storm in the Atlanta area. I used the website, BringFido.com since I was traveling with my dog and saw that Microtel was having a 20% off sale on the 1 queen bed suites, so booked that category since it cost about the same as a regular room . It cost a little over $60 plus tax. I found out later that by using a 3rd party website I would not be entitled to Wyndham Rewards points, so I recommend you go directly to the Microtel website if you want those points (or call their 800 reservations number to book). There is a $10. fee for each dog for every night that you stay here. Checkout time is noon. I wanted to be on the ground floor for quicker outside access for the dog, but all the suite rooms are higher up. The elevator was just fine, though, and there was no problem being on the 3rd floor with the dog.
The hotel is located at the south exit of Perry and is somewhat isolated, with the exception of a Marathon gas station about a block down the road. That being said, it was nice and quiet and only a couple of miles up the road to restaurants. The parking lot is well lit with plenty of parking spaces and lots of grass to walk the dog and I felt very safe here at all times.
I was impressed with the queen suite room with the hdtv, small fridge, coffee maker with complimentary coffee, microwave and even a sink with a granite countertop and bar stools. There is a small closet in the corner with hangers, an iron, ironing board, and luggage holder. The wireless internet worked very well and there were 63 channels to choose from on the TV. When I checked in I was greeted warmly and enjoyed having one of their homemade chocolate chip cookies available at the front desk. Additionally, there is coffee, several choices of tea, and hot chocolate available 24 hours in the breakfast area. I also saw on the first floor, but did not use, a small fitness center with about 4 treadmills and elliptical trainers and a washer and dryer down the other end of the hall with vending machines and an ice machine (which also worked well). I also noticed a couple of computer terminals near the breakfast area that one could use if they wanted.
I have travelled extensively and I must say that the room I stayed in and the hotel was probably the cleanest one I have ever seen which is really a plus. In addition to regular hotel soap the bathroom had Pantene shampoo and conditioner and a small container of Vaseline total moisture lotion.
In the morning I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast area. They offered normal mid-scale hotel continental items such as the make your own waffles, cereal, apples, yogurt, muffins, hard boiled eggs, hot biscuits, toast, bagels, juice, coffee and tea.
I would not hesitate to stay here again and I certainly understand why this hotel is ranked #1 of the hotels in Perry.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Brandie M, General Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Perry, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! We love to hear this kind of awesome feedback. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay my staff and I are looking forward to seeing you again and are very thankful for your feedback, its comments and reviews like yours that keep us #1 in Perry.

419 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Truman MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

This Hotel is a little out the way but very comfortable and a safe area. Breakfast was fine and the people were very nice and helpful.No restaurants within walking distance. Everything is a short drive away. Bed, room everything was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our housekeeping works very hard to receive these compliments on our cleanliness. We couldn't do without you, our guests, and we look forward to seeing you again.
Bolingbroke, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

I have stayed here several times and have enjoyed it every time. I was in town for business and told everyone coming to try this Microtel and I heard no complaints (and with these guys I would have if there were any!) The Suites are very nice and large and have everything you would need for a extended stay. Nice refrig.,microwave, coffee maker with lots of counter space.
The staff was excellent also, and nobody is friendlier than John.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
I happy to hear from a repeat guest that they enjoy us so much! we cant wait to see you and your friends again.
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

We needed a place to stay south of Atlanta as we were heading back home from Christmas in Florida. Our day started in Key West, included a flight to Tampa, driving to Bradenton to pick up belongings and dog from in laws and heading out north. Traffic sucked, the weather sucked, and the anticipated 5 hour drive took closer to 8 hours. We rolled in around midnight and were cheerfully greeted and processed quickly.

As others have mentioned, the rooms were smallish, and there is an evident lack of outlets available. We unplugged our fridge in order to plug in my phone charger.

However, the beds were comfortable, the shower was hot with good pressure, and the price was reasonable. The room didn't have any detectable odors to us, but our dog was having a hey dey sniffing around!

Overall, we were there for about 8 hours, and we left the next morning VERY refreshed.

It is an excellent choice for the overnight traveler, but I would want more if I were staying longer.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Brandie M, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Perry, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for staying with us! We are very sorry for the lack of outlets in the rooms and although there is not much we can do about the room size, We are happy you enjoyed your overall stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.
Lake Suzy Fl
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Rooms were smaller that anticipated. There is a lack of electrical outlets. To use the microwave, one must unplug the refrigerator and vice versa. It's nice to be able to plug in a laptop but there are lack of other outlets made it difficult to charge phones and Ipads.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Perry? Share your experiences!