“Best breakfast deal in town” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Diner
Peachtree City, Georgia
“Best breakfast deal in town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Fantastic service, good breakfast that arrives at the table piping hot, plenty of selections, ... what's not to like? Simple atmosphere with several tables, the grill plainly visible in the back, soda fountain on the side ... kind of reminds me of my hometown breakfast place back in PA. Bottom line - good hot food at a fair price.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“I always make the trip...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I love this place. The breakfast food is my favorite but the patty melts are amazing!!! It's always clean, the staff is always helpful and they constantly have food ratings of 99 or better!

Peachtree City, Georgia
“Good Local Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

MImi's is a locally owned cafe that has traditionally served breakfast and lunch but recently added dinner. The majority of customers are regulars and it has that kind of feel. We go occasionally and always find it consistently good. I like the big breakfast and always ask for cheddar cheese in my omelet and in my grits. The food is always well prepared and served quickly along with a coffee warm up. I would probably frequent this place more regularly if I didn't enjoy cooking breakfast so much.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Best breakfast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I lived close to this cafe for years but somehow never ate there. We happened to be close this morning and decided to try it. So glad we did.

Friendly people. Seems like they have a lot of regulars. Good scrambled eggs cooked like you want them. Tasty bacon. Creamy grits.

Will definitely go there again.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Peachtree City, GA
“We really wanted to like this place!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

It's close to our house, locally owned and always seems to be busy so we really wanted to like this place. Maybe we just hit it on a bad day but we were disappointed. I got Mimi's big breakfast with 3 eggs, bacon, hashbrowns and toast. My wife got the waffle breakfast that included bacon and we both ordered coffee.
When it showed up, I only had two eggs and when I mentioned it, the server apologized and said she'd bring another one out - it never showed up. My bacon was cold, real cold and so was my wife's. It happens. We just figured that when she came back with my egg we'd ask her to warm the bacon up for us. She never came back so we just ate what we could (with empty coffee cups). When the server finally walked by our table, my wife caught her attention and asked if she'd warm her bacon up. I had finished my breakfast by then so I just gave up on the bacon. We also asked for a refill on coffee. Again, we waited and she finally bought my wife's bacon and this time it was warm, well, actually nuclear. In other words, they'd microwaved them to a near flaming crispiness that was just better left on the plate. No coffee refill either. Time to go!
We good naturedly waited for the bill and finally went to the counter and paid. They took off $0.99 for the missing egg and the total bill was $16.80. Coffee was $1.69 a cup with no refill. Again, we really wish we could have something good to say but just can't. There are too many good places for breakfast in PTC so we probably won't ever go back. However, apparently other people like it judging by the number of cars that are usually there so take our review with a grain of salt. Like we said, maybe we just caught the restaurant and server on a bad day.

• Visited July 2013