“Great food and atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Farmhouse at Serenbe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 13 restaurants in Palmetto
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Selborn Lane
Villa Rica, Georgia
“Great food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Tried the fried chicken and it was very good the service was excellent and I love the rustic feel of the restaurant I always recommend this place to my friends and family

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

77% Recommend
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great southern food in a beautiful setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We visited this lovely restaurant thanks to a $29 Scoutmob deal. We got to Serenbe earlier than our reservation time so that we would have time to drive around the community. The farmland, stables, shops, and houses were beautiful and we made a point to drive back thorough again after dinner!

We arrived to Farmhouse about 20 minutes before our reservation but they seated us immediately. Our table was in the "sunroom" which overlooked the Inn and the pool. Hot biscuits were served quickly and they were absolutely delicious! With our SM deal, my husband and I had a choice of wine or bottomless mimosas and our choice of entree. He chose the Pino Noir with a fried pork chop and I had the bottomless mimosas and fried chicken. Both entrees came with mac & cheese, cole slaw (loved it), and mixed greens. The mac & cheese was ok but I've had better and I'm really not a fan of collards, but the spinach that was in the mix of greens was great. The fried chicken (boneless breast w/wing) was a home-run! The breading was light, the chicken was flavorful and juicy and the helping was huge! My husband commented that the breading on the pork was great and we both left with almost clean plates!

We really enjoyed visiting Serenbe and would suggest that you stop by the Farmhouse for a yummy meal!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Atlanta
“Not Living up to its Heritage”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Given the ownership and background of Serenbe, you expect a gourmet, farm to table, excellent service, great wines place to eat - we did not get that.

I have been here three times in the last 4 years, and it has continually failed to provide the "wow" factor that you expect when you walk in the place - but I keep thinking, with its heritage, it has to get better. After today, I gave up on the place.

Here are my current complaints:
(1) The menu is absurdly limited. You can do farm to table and offer a wider variety of choice than what they offered. I felt like the chef knew what every person should want and required you to submit to his culinary arrogance.
(2) The menu had one salad (very small) and a green tomato appetizer, three entrees, which each had exactly the same lima beans and overcooked cabbage with a mismatch of something- none of which were remotely well prepared. Of the two desserts on the menu, they had run out of one of them - not a good sign.
(3) My and my wife's wine came to us warm - not something you expect in a gourmet (as least by reputation) establishment.
(4) There were four red wines available by the glass and one Cabernet. This is not gourmet dining.
(5) We had a reservation and arrived on time - but even with clearly empty tables they made us wait 15 minutes before seating - not really sure what that was all about.

Bottom Line: This place is overrated for what is actually delivers. I am never going back.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
SouthGa
“Wonderful Southern Fare in a Historic Setting”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Set in a historic old Southern farmhouse, the Farmhouse offers great southern fare - a limited but varied menu for dinner, signature cocktails, a nice wine selection... I haven't tried the fried chicken yet, but by reputation it must be great (only available on the weekends, I believe). Just a great dining experience, well served and presented. Worth a try!

Visited June 2013
“Intimate and charming!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

We took my mother here for her birthday with a group of 10. The restaurant is a charming compilation of rooms and nooks in an old farmhouse (... thus the name...) and we had a room all to ourselves. Our waiter was terrific with a fine sense of humor. The menu concept is to prepare just a couple fresh dishes that change regularly. So if you like a lot of choices on your menu, this is not your place. You start with a choice of one soup option or one salad option with some incredibly tasty bread. For the main meal, there was a steak option, a shrimp dish and a vegetarian option. They also have a couple choices for the kids. There were two dessert options - both were fantastic. All in all, a great choice for a special night out in a restaurant where you can actually hear each other!

• Visited May 2013