“Top Notch Service” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Atlanta
“Top Notch Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We decided to take a quick day trip over to Serenbe to check out the place. Our first stop was The Hil for a bite to eat. I loved the atmosphere - I almost felt like I was at the beach!

We ordered a mimosa and a delicious fruit cocktail with gin and elderflower. We also go the hummus sandwich and the salmon flatbread. So much food!!! What impressed us the most was how knowledgeable and helpful our server was - Autie. I hope I spelled that correctly. He's been with The Hil for a while and knew the menu backwards and forwards. Then, after our meal, he took a sharpie and drew a map of the property for us and recommended places to stop. So nice!!

Definitely recommend The Hil when you are visiting Serenbe. Great place, great food, outstanding service!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Pembroke Pines, Florida
“Nice service, cute place....food ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

Server casie, nice and helpful....I ordered the chicken pot pie, not alot of chicken, not real hot but nice taste.
Wife order grouper it was good. Son had pizza enough said pizza lol.. I would probably nt go again..but rank it 5-6 out of 10.
Last thing bluberrie pie needs to be served warm.

LaGrange, Georgia
“Excellent lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012 via mobile

I My husband and I visited the Hil for lunch after touring the HGTV Green Home. We really enjoyed our meal. I ordered the spinach salad which came with delicious bacon, a poached egg, fresh lady peas, and pickled-celery. The dressing was a perfect vinagerette. My husband had the flatbread with smoked salmon spread served with plenty of fresh greens and tomatoes. All of the produce is so fresh, it is obvious it came straight from the local farm. Hil's mom was the perfect hostess and answered our questions concerning ingredients. We even left with a jar of pickled beets that was for sale. (grown on the local farm). We loved the Hil and definitely will return.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Very pleasant, well decorated, nice terrace, service was great,”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

Our food was excellent but we though my husband's meal was a bit pricey - he ordered a special which was a strip side with al a carte sides and the steak alone was $42. Overall, we enjoyed dining there.

Visited May 2012
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nickel and Dimed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

The food was OK, not great but certainly edible. What I disliked was two things: They charged for bread, which seems a bit excessive with entrees around 30 each. Secondly, I made reservations for 2 adults and 2 children, and they never told me they had no children's menu. When I ordered one entree to be split between my 5 and 8 year olds, they charged us a splitting fee. Also, veggies where extra, and "organic" vegetables would be an additional charge (making me imagine them driving to the nearest Kroger to ensure the correct non-organic supply)

• Visited June 2012