“Ninety Third Birthday Celebration at Nick's” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Warner Robins, Georgia
“Ninety Third Birthday Celebration at Nick's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

Last Saturday ( January 18, 2014), our family got together at Nick's Steak and Pasta in Ocilla, GA. for a meal to celebrate my husband's father's birthday! He was celebrating his 93rd birthday! He drives, fishes on the coast, is building a pump house for his artesian well, and most anything else he wants to do he does!

Only the birthday boy and one other in our family live near Ocilla. The rest of us had to drive there from Jacksonville, FL and from Warner Robins, GA. We have never celebrated a birthday in Ocilla at a restaurant before. We were nervous about how the restaurant would be and how the food would be since Ocilla is a small town.

We did research on their website, looked at their fabulous menu and made reservations. We were surprised at the quality and preparation of all the dishes and hear no complaints from anyone and a lot of "Man, this is great!" about the food. I will add that the service was also very attentive and professional.

I ate the rack of lamb with grilled Brussel sprouts and mashed potatoes. Delicious! Others had rib-eye steak, and chicken marsala, They also have a children's menu. We also tried the stuffed mushrooms, flatbread, and crab cakes as appetizers. Everything was great!

If you are passing through Ocilla or you just want to make it a destination, make reservations here. You can do it on their website. Say hello to my family as you pass through!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ocilla, Georgia
“Diamond in the Rough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Just walk in the doors of this restaurant and you will notice the emphasis is on quality and service. Nicks is not the normal BBQ and burger restaurant we have grown accustomed to in South Georgia. When you plan to dine here, don't be in a rush. Kick back, relax, and enjoy the atmosphere rare to the area. The owners and staff will do all they can to make your visit enjoyable. And with almost every meal being prepared from scratch, this place is tough to beat for miles.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Great steak!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

We truly enjoyed our steak, salad, potatoes and pasta sides! The salad was cold, the blue cheese was delicious and the steak cooked to perfection! We will be back!

Visited June 2013
Tifton, Georgia
“Really good lasagna”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

I am generally disappointed by pasta in restaurants. Especially Italian restaurants, because expectations are that pasta and red sauce will be especially good. This isn't an "Italian" restaurant, but they do feature pasta, so I avoided ordering pasta. But I was so well pleased with my husband's lasagna, I just finished off the leftovers for lunch. He can have my leftover steak and potatoes. The steak was very good, as were the potatoes, but the best thing on my plate was the blackened brussel sprouts. Unusual in a local restaurant. I recommend Nick's where the service can be spotty but the wine selection is good. It has a nice little bar. The food is generally good. It have one criticism from a former visit-- the lovely antipasto platter cries out for slices of Italian bread and one general, also the bread. I know this is South Georgia where we love our soft rolls, but chewy is what's called for here.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Tifton, GA
“Well finally Nick's is on Tripadvisor”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I tried to write this review several weeks ago but TA didn't have it listed. Several friends and I were at Nick's back in September; I couldn't believe we had a place like this in a little town the size of Ocilla, GA. Well, we do. I live in Tifton, GA, about 18 miles to the south, but Nick's Steak and Pasta is a treat well worth the ride over. The menu is varied, interesting, and every choice we tried was really good. The asparagus was perfect. The beer and wine list is unbelievable for down here. I mean, I've sampled a many a brand and style of beer over the last 50 years -- from Bambi Ba and Tiger to some of the best German Octoberfest specials one can imagine. However! I had never heard of -- much less tried -- a big bottle of Russian "Clown Shoes". Yeah... Clown Shoes, from Russia, in Ocilla, GA. Kinda reminds me of the last three bottles of Elephant Beer I had in Israel. Oh yeah! it does what beer is supposed to do! But this is a restaurant, not a rathskeller (sp?) So, you gotta eat something and, believe me, you'll be glad you did. If Nick's was in Atlanta, Jax or Savannah you'd have to slip the maitre'd a couple of twenties just to get a table. But this is Ocilla, Georgia and they'll make room for you.
Bottom line... really good food, all kinds of beer and wine, friendly servers, happy atmosphere; what else is there to wish for.

• Visited September 2012