“Not the WORST but pretty gross” 2 of 5 stars

Jameson Inn Oakwood
3530 Thurmon Tanner Pkwy, Oakwood, GA 30566   |
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Oakwood
Huntsville, Alabama
“Not the WORST but pretty gross”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The room smelled awful, to start. It was definitely dirty looking and old/worn. The interior decorating was very busy. Also, we were on the second floor and could hear everyone outside and next door all night, walking around outside and closing their doors made our beds vibrate. This isn't the worst place I've ever stayed, but it was definitely pretty gross.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Outer Banks, NC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

This hotel has a great location, however it is in need of some serious inside updating and cleaning. The customer service by the staff was great, very friendly.

The rooms are dark and dingy, out, outdated dark furniture that is fairly beat up and marked up. no office chair, just an old straight chair. The carpet was so dirty that just walking accross it your which socks would turn almost black. The bedspread was dirty and had an oder as well, the banket on the bed was worn and had several small holes in it. The last thing was the bath towels were a joke, small, and totally worn out, super thin.
For the room rate here I would highly recommend going down the road to someplace else. I have stayed in several Jameson Inn's, this was the worst, and I honestly do not know how even meets there chain standards.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2012

The first room I was shown was absolutely worn and dated. I switched rooms after having to insist on it with the uncooperative check-in manager. I had a one night stay free coupon for this room or I would have kept driving. The second room was only marginally better. To be fair, I did not wait around for breakfast so that may have been decent. The room seemed clean but just in dire need of refreshing.

Room Tip: I asked for a handicapped room since the hotel was wide open on the night I stayed and the handicapp...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Orlando, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

This was a decent enough hotel, but the towels were very thin and even though we had three people registered in our room, there were only enough for two people. Every day we had to go to the front desk to get another set of towels, which got old.

The place need some tlc, but it was ok for the cost.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Carlsbad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2009

My wife and I stayed at jameson inn, Oakwood and enjoyed our stayed. Staff was very polite and room were small but clean. We enjoyed fitteness center and microwave and fridge was worked out well for us as we stayed 4 nights.
I recomand to everyone who goes to this area. Nearby lake has good view and for people like us for walking and Walmart is just next door.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2007

Stayed at the Jameson Inn in August of 2007. The rooms were relatively basic, with very, VERY few frills. On my first evening at the hotel, I turned on my hair dryer to dry off, and a cockroach flew out of the dryer and into my hair. Upon opening the cabinets under my sink, I noticed a lot of roach droppings that had piled up since who-know's-when...

The breakfast is barely qualified to be referred to as "Continental". Stale Cheerios, Corn Flakes, or Raisin Bran, absolutely fake orange juice, the milk was hot (most likely powdered), no sugar-free syrup, the Hotel Manager, was spraying bleach next to my food while I was trying to prepare it, and was constantly in the way.

The air conditioner barely worked, and struggled the keep the room below 90 degrees. My husband and I noticed, some sort of "human stain", and I think you know what I am referring to, all over the in-room recliner. It was so bad it looked like something out of CSI.

The entire staff were extremely rude, with the exception of Mary, who was always friendly, accomodating, and quite helpful. The rest of the staff, were unhelpful, rude, and difficult to deal with. The maid service was abysmal, often bringing broken bars of soap, and shampoo with the seal already broken.

Finally, my husband left the door open to try and let the room cool off due to the malfunctioning air conditioner, and the hotel manager continually would enter the room. I am talking about actually setting foot INSIDE the room. Then he said, "Oh! Door open."

The straw that broke this camel's back was when I attempted to return to my room in the morning with my husband's breakfast, and the hotel manager threatened to charge me $10.00 for leaving the breakfast area with ANY items whatsoever. We are talking about two bowls of cereal, and two glasses of juice. Ridiculous!

We are often traveling, and stay in many motels and hotels, but my family's experience at the Jameson Inn of Oakwood was nothing short of terrible. STAY AWAY!

• Liked — Absolutely NOTHING
  • Disliked — The roach that flew out of my hair dryer
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
sc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2007

Stayed at Jameson Inn on Jan 27-29. Found motel to be very basic in terms of other Jameson Inn we stayed in. Nothing was wrong with this location. Clean and very nice staff. Mary was very helpful in booking the room. I would advise anyone going to Gainesville Ga that after see the other motel/hotel in the downtown area, we made a wise choise in staying in the Oakwood area. It's only 5 miles I would say from the motel. The choise of resturants are limited around the motel to fast food. But if leave the motel going toward downtown, you will run into a very nice shopping area with many more resturants. Note there is a new Walmart being built next door to the Jameson Inn.

• Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Jameson Inn Oakwood? Share your experiences!