“Welcome to the Bare Minimum Motel” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Crossland Economy Studios - Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd.

Save Saved
You added Crossland Economy Studios - Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd. to your Saves list
Crossland Economy Studios - Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd.
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6295 Jimmy Carter Boulevard, Norcross, GA 30071 (Formerly Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd.)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Atlanta, Georgia
“Welcome to the Bare Minimum Motel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

There's a reason why this property is one of the cheapest in the area, because everything in this place is pretty cheap. Long standing guests (or residents at this point) have their kids running around the entire place, causing chaos. Hotel staff barely answers the main phone when you call from your room, customer service is non-existent, there isn't a person 24/7 manning the front desk, as they lock up the place after 9PM or 10PM as they claim it's a "security" issue. The internet connection is non-existant, and you try and get answers from their tech support company "Influxx" who is even worse at fixing any internet connection issues. This place looks decent cosmetically on the outside, but nobody cares whatsoever to maintain any customer service or properly working amenities in this place. I would come here only as my last resort. The only people who seem to be hard working are the maintenance people and cleaning crew. Other than that the office staff act like you're bothering them if you need anything. They need to remove "Internet access" from their amenities list because you'd have better luck getting it to work if Jesus himself came down to fix it. A total mickey mouse operation this place is.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd., responded to this review, August 6, 2014
Thomas - We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We are so disappointed that you did not have a pleasant experience with us. Please accept our apologies. In response to your feedback, we will be working with our front desk staff to ensure we are answering our phones and providing quality service at all times. We will also meet with our internet provider to look for ways to improve our free Wi-Fi.

We are grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to us at htj@extendedstay.com. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I was required to buy a sleeping mask and earplugs to sleep comfortably here.
It was so convenient to my work location, I remained longer than anticipated.
If you are staying here for price and making a commute, DON'T! It is not worth
the price. Pay extra for convenience of no commute.

Room Tip: Stay away from the large end units. Mechanical rooms are there too!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Todd - Thank you for posting a review of your experience. We are so disappointed to hear that you did not have a restful stay with us. Please accept our apologies for your experience. We will be working with our front desk staff and our security team to ensure that we are keeping noise to a bare minimum during quiet hours.

We appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. To discuss further, please contact us at htj@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I always go through a discount website for traveling. Disappointed with this Hotel. Definitely aThey were not ready for the 3:00 pm check in. Desperately in need of a upgrade. We didn't even have a 32 inch tv! No pool. Definitely a "budget" dorm room.

Room Tip: Always use sites like this one to get Discounted room price. Also makes for the easiest checking/out...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

There was some construction going on when I was staying which made for some noisy days but overall I would recommend staying. If you stay ask for a room close to the front. Seems to be the nicer area.

• Stayed May 2014
Morrisville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

I got this hotel through hotwire for low price deal and It met our expectations. I stayed here for two nights on my trip to Atlanta. It's a budget hotel so don't have a high expectations but I must say that stay was comfortable. Rooms are equipped with basic amenities like TV, bed, dining table and small kitchenette with coffee maker. They offer complimentary parking and free wi-fi for guests.
The hotel is close i.e. 15-20 mins driving distance from attractions like stone mountain park and Atlanta downtown. If you are not planning to spend more time in hotel, I would recommend this hotel to save on few $$ on accommodation cost.

Room Tip: If you are travelling with family, prefer non-smoking rooms only.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I had a 7 month stay at Crossland Jimmy Carter. Overall, it was pretty good. It's safe, rooms are OK, and the front desk staff is magnificent. For the money, it's a good overall value. The rooms are relatively clean. If you need a long term stay and need it cheap, I would recommend this place. It's not the Ritz, but you're not paying for that either.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd., responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I'm glad that you found our hotel to be safe, clean and a great value for your money. As well, it's great to hear that you enjoyed our front desk staff during your stay with us. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our entire team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

It is much better than before because we are in Building B. My very first review, my family and I had a horrible experience. It was constant activity outside, a lot of loud music, loud talking, yelling, children running around all hours of the night, & soliciting of loose women. But it's been a little over two years. Location is still good, our room's just a tad small, but we got a discount yesterday of $40, cause the room we were suppose to get was not ready. Wish we still can get that same discount, but what the hey! We got here yesterday and planning on staying until next week in time for our apartment to be ready in Norcross. I really wish for more latch protection on these doors cause I was laying in bed, awoke, and all of a sudden, I heard a few ppl walk up to our door, slid the key in, and opened the door. I said, "someone is in the room." & they went away laughing. Nothing's really funny about opening up someone's door. That's pretty dangerous. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has experienced that. Other than that, no bug problems. Just wish the room with double beds could be a bit bigger! And if housekeeping could come to the dailies just like the weekly rooms. I hope to enjoy the rest of my stay here with NO PROBLEMS.

• Stayed March 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd., responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I apologize for the noise disturbances you experienced at our hotel and I am working with our entire staff to improve guest protocol so that your experience is not repeated. Also, the feedback you provided concerning security will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotels. Please know, our housekeeping service is provided once a week for guests staying 8 or more nights. For those who are staying for shorter periods of time, services can be purchased for a minimal fee.

Again, thank you for the comments. We do hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a better experience in the near future.

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Crossland Economy Studios - Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd.

Address: 6295 Jimmy Carter Boulevard, Norcross, GA 30071 (Formerly Extended Stay America - Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd.)
Location: United States > Georgia > Norcross
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
#3 Best Value Hotel in Norcross
Hotel Class:2 star — Crossland Economy Studios - Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your Crossland Economy Studios - Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd Hotel Norcross
Extended Stay Norcross
Extended Stay America Norcross
Norcross Extended Stay

If you own or manage Crossland Economy Studios - Atlanta - Jimmy Carter Blvd., register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.