“My favorite long-term-stay suite hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Decatur, Georgia
“My favorite long-term-stay suite hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

TownePlace Suites Norcross
I lived here for 2 long-term stays totaling 3-4 months, & found it the most livable hotel at which I’ve stayed over 20 years of travel for business, school and leisure. My suite had an amazing built-in desk with shelves, cabinets, and a very useful pull-out rolling sectional table for spreading out or dining, and a great office chair. Truly high speed wireless internet was free and easy to access. The only downside was that you must select the internet every 24 hours, which can interrupt skype sessions & cause problems with online learning programs. I had a calming view of trees in back of the main building. The windows opened part-way to allow fresh air in. I would prefer the windows to open completely, but maybe it’s a safety issue. The bed & pillows were extremely comfortable for a good night’s sleep. The kitchenette was truly functional with a full sized fridge & dishwasher, microwave, and a ½-size stove and oven; stocked & continually replenished with paper towels, dishwashing powder and dish soap. The roomy bathroom had a large under-sink cabinet with doors. Quality-brand shampoo and conditioner were provided. Lighting was bright in the kitchen and bathroom, and a floor lamp was provided on request. I had a large closet with a door, great for all my long-term stay luggage and hanging clothes. The spacious, open floor layout included a sitting area with a comfy couch and chair, and a coffee table. Room cleaning was done weekly on my preferred day. The clean, well-lit laundry with 4 washers & 4 dryers in the main building was located between the main office and a small but nicely-equipped gym with an elliptical, bike, and treadmill, each w/ TV screen attached. The gym was kept cool, well-lit and impressively odor-free, with towels and water, hand sanitizer and cleaning wipes. It would be a bonus if the scale worked, too. The free grab-n-go breakfast included juices, yogurts, bananas, oranges, cereals, snack bars, coffee and tea. I couldn’t possibly praise enough all of the friendly, thoughtful office and housekeeping staff, especially Anthony and Miss Valerie. This hotel offered far more for a lower long-stay rate than most out of the many area hotels I visited for comparison. It was notably safe and quiet, compared with most of the few less-expensive suite hotels. I have no real complaints. Overall, in my humble opinion, this hotel deserves 5 out of 5 stars among all long-term stay suite hotels.

Room Tip: If you are staying for work or study, and would like convenient access to the laundry and gym, choos...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
DULUTH, GA (NE of Atlanta)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

With out a doubt, Laurie Anthony and the entire staff including the housekeeping staff and the maintenance is probably the very best the we have experienced, and the newly renovated suites are awesome.

Laurie and Staff is simply the very best there is, keep up the great job you all are doing, supervised by the best

Ben and Pamela Thomas

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Coppell, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

The staff at this hotel is awesome. Anthony somehow knew me by name when I walked in to check in on the first day. The GM, Laurie was very accomodating and moved me to one of the newly renovated rooms as soon as it was ready. The new rooms are very nice...with granite countertops and nice floors in the kitchen and bathroom, plus stainless steel appliances in the kitchen. The bed was also very comfortable. Even though the hotel was still under construction while I stayed there I throughoughly enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
laurie6640, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Norcross, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
We are so excited that you like our new look because we LOVE it. It is always a process to balance a renovation and keeping travelers happy. We have been trying our best to make the balance work and I'm glad we did with you. We are about to bring our last floor of our first building back into operations, so there will be 3 floors of NEWLY RENOVATED ROOMS with no construction as on Wednesday, 6/19/13. Our Lobby is continuing to make progress with the final touches and we look forward to a NEW Breakfast Area by the 1st of July.

The Pool is open with all new furniture and a great grilling area for all guest to enjoy. Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We look forward to your next stay.

Laurie Thomas, GM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

I am in town for the summer for work and my company put me in the Towne Place Suites in Norcross. From the minute I checked in the staff was extremely helpful and accomadating. The room was very clean when I arrived and they continue to do a great job keeping it clean everyday. There is a beautiful outdoor pool with new furniture and a gas grill next to it for guests to use. The hotel is going through renovations and the new rooms are amazing. I highly suggest that anyone looking for a nice, quite, and friendly place to stay that they give this hotel a try!!!

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Awesome hotel, a little far or out the way but the staff was awesome, enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. Pool was clean daily and bed was comfy. Only thing that was disappointing was there was construction currently going on and it was annoying/noisy.

• Stayed May 2013
laurie6640, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Norcross, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you so much for the kind words about my hotel and my wonderful staff. Yes, we are going thru renovation but we have just opened our second of six floors and by 6/21 we will have an entire building complete and the rooms look amazing. We are now in our second phase as we have completed our Lobby, In A Pinch Mini Market and 2 floors of rooms. Our NEW Breakfast Room and Guest Laundry are underway with their makeovers.

Our Pool has also had a face lift with all new lounge chairs, tables and umbrellas. We have a great little grilling area with fresh herbs to add a little "spice" to your dinner while grilling.

I hope you are able to return soon to take a look at our NEW hotel. The Total Renovaton is on schedule to be completed by July 15th.

We look forward to your next stay with us.
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Our stay at the TownePlace Suites, Norcross GA made our visit to Atlanta a breeze. The hotel is clean and comfortable, the staff is friendly and attentive, access to MARTA elminated the bothers of Atlanta's reknowned traffic jams, and we even found a lake behind the property perfect for a picnic. If Atlanta is your upcoming destination, whether to take in a Braves game, visit the Coke Museum, attend the Final Four or more, consider paying a visit to Laurie and her Team at TownePlace Suites, you will be glad that you did!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
laurie6640, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Norcross, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write about us on Trip Advisor. We like to say we are the best kept secret in Norcross but we are glad that you found us and wanted to spread the word about out great hotel. We have since had a full renovation of the hotel and even added a breakfast room with a Deluxe Continental Breakfast. Look forward to seeing you again when in the Norcross/Atlanta area.

Laurie Thomas, General Manager
Duluth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have stayed at the Marriott Town Place Suites for 3 months and it has been nothing shy of perfect. The accommodations are great it comes with a kitchen , 2 bedrooms and 3 flat screen TV"s. The GM Laurie and the Asst. Manager Anthony along with the rest of the staff have been spectacular, they all go out of their way to get you whatever you need, whenever you need it. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. Good Job Marriott !!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites Atlanta Norcross? Share your experiences!