“Excellent Hotel and Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Duluth
“Excellent Hotel and Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have stayed at the Marriott Town Place Suites for 3 months and it has been nothing shy of perfect. The accommodations are great it comes with a kitchen , 2 bedrooms and 3 flat screen TV"s. The GM Laurie and the Asst. Manager Anthony along with the rest of the staff have been spectacular, they all go out of their way to get you whatever you need, whenever you need it. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area. Good Job Marriott !!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
raleigh, nc
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed at Townplace Suites Norcross the first week of April 2013. There was hair behind the door of the bathroom, on the toilet, and on the sheets. We had to use the pull out couch and there was a dirty stained sheet bundled up in the couch and no clean sheets in the 2 bedroom studio. My husband went to get clean sheets and talked to the night manager. He was rude and just stated the room had been cleaned and we can find sheets in our closet. My husband mentioned wanted to switch rooms for the next night, we had a four night reservation. The manager didn't even look up availability and stated only if he had an open room. The place smelled like cigarette smoke though it was a smokefree facitly. Awful! We checked out the next morning and found a very clean Homewood Suites in downtown Atlanta. It cost more but the service and room where worth it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
laurie6640, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Norcross, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
I'm so sorry for the experience that you had during your stay and the delay in my response as I thought I had already responded. We have since had a complete renovation of the hotel with a brand new look which is wonderful. I do apologize for the experience with my Front Desk staff as that is not our standards nor our protectal in handling our guest requests. Due to your comments we have brought it to the entire staffs attention on how we are to handle these issues and I feel that we have used your information to our benefit of assisting other guest. We do look forward to anothe opportunity to showing you our great new hotel and our Marriott Hospitality. Thank you again for sharing your experience to assist us in bettering ourselves.

Laurie Thomas, General Manager
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

The parking here is HORRIBLE, there's a sketchy hotel right behind it and creeps ride around in the wee hours of the morning just scoping to see if anyone is out to bother. I checked in late and there were about 5 strange men ATTEMPTING to make conversation with me at 1am. The fact that I had to park so far from my car and walk a nice distance to the office made me feel extremely uncomfortable and unsafe.

The night auditor was ok I suppose. The morning attendant was a lot more attentive to other guests. Their "breakfast" was such a waste of time. Barely any space to move around to choose from their selective items and horrible watered down coffee. And to think they had a mini business center in the middle of all this chaos, barely any space to breathe.

This place is a little old and you can tell by the furniture or the buildings alone. Gives a spooky feel, or maybe it was just me since I was traveling alone and it was already nighttime. Room was clean however, and wasn't noisy as others have said but it was the smallest Marriott studio style room I've ever stayed in.

Overall, I would probably avoid staying here for a layover again, but if it was my last resort I wouldn't put up such a huge fight. It was not TERRIBLE, but just not up to my normal Marriott standards.

...not to mention it's in the middle of nowhere in a business park. Creepy.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere a bit closer to civilization and staff that appreciates their job.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
laurie6640, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Norcross, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Ashlee - I'd like ot apologize for any issues that you may have had at the hotel. We have definitely addressed a lot of your concerns as we were in the process of starting our renovation in May of this year. We had our building completely renovated with a new Breakfast room added and Hard Boiled Eggs, Belgium Waffles, Cut Fruit and Yogurt Berry Parfaits as well as a full continental breakfast offered complimentary. We have also updated our parking area with added lights and new fencing to welcome you home. We also now offer a market on property for any of those needed quick snacks or drinks. Look forward to your next visit to the New and Improved TownePlace Suites Norcross.

Laurie Thomas, General Manager
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

A little out of date but works. Rooms are good size. Staff was fantastic. Breakfast is grab and go. Location was fine too. I would stay here again but wouldn't pay over $60 for this property. Room was clean and bed was good. We stayed at the Marriott close by 1 of our 3 nights and I would prefer here just due to the kitchen if I was with all my family.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Hotel was clean, but it felt a bit dated for a Marriott property. The carpets and furniture in the room are older, but the bed was comfortable and sheets were clean. Location is kind of hard to find coming off of Peachtree Industrial Blvd as well. The staff was nice and welcoming, so that is what puts this property over the edge from 3 stars to 4 stars in my book.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
laurie6640, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Norcross, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor. We do strive to exceed every guest expectations. I do know that our property is a little dated and sometimes hard to find but I'm very excited to let you know that we will be going thru a MAJOR renovation beginning Mid-April. We will be changing carpeting, counter tops in Kitchen and Bathroom, All NEW appliances, New Mattresses as well as having a breakfast room that will seat 20-25 ppl and a small marketplace for those quick items you may have forgotten and a late night snack. I have been told many, many times that my staff helps to over shadow our "oldness" of the hotel so it will be great to have a hotel that shines right along with my staff. We look forward to your next visit so we can really WOW you with our new look.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

The excellent and professional staff made our stay pleasurable. The rooms are well kept and comfortable for a great price. My husband and I were looking for a home and kept having t
o extend our stay and the staff was very gracious and accommodating. I highly recommend this property!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
NorCal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for four days for business in the area. I'd stayed at the full service Marriott previously and thought the full kitchen would be nice for the week - plus it was a lower price!

The room was of good size and had a nice layout. I was comfortable for the week. However, I found the bathroom dirty - sink, tub and floor all had hair. The overall condition is rough. They did just replace the carpet in the room, but the hallway was depressing. The kitchen had minimal supplies - one two knives and largest was the size of a steak knife. Only three glasses and cooking tools limited.

The breakfast was low maintenance but okay. Nothing that wasn't pre wrapped with long shelf life - bagel, muffin, cereal. The bananas were green but they had a great beverage selection.

When I asked about a grocery store when checking in they didn't offer map or even have one available. It was like I was bothering them when asking.

Guest was smoking pot somewhere in the building, but that is tough for staff to track down.

Room was quiet, larger and okay. I will probably check out the residence inn in town the next time around.

Some small changes could make a big difference.

• Stayed February 2013
We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking time to assist us in improving. I have made sure the may housekeeping staff was aware of the short comings of the room cleanliness and the missing items. As we are getting ready for our renovation in Mid-April, we should be able to make much more improvements than you've mentioned that need to take place. We will be adding a Breakfast Room which will allow us to not have to have everything prepackaged at breakfast and a wider selection. We will also have "In A Pinch" which will be our little market place at the hotel. I'm sorry that we did not have the directions that you needed and that too is being addressed. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to WOW you with our customer service and great hotel the next time you are in the Norcross area.

Been to TownePlace Suites Atlanta Norcross? Share your experiences!