“Great property” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 38 hotels in Norcross
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Great property”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

The excellent and professional staff made our stay pleasurable. The rooms are well kept and comfortable for a great price. My husband and I were looking for a home and kept having t
o extend our stay and the staff was very gracious and accommodating. I highly recommend this property!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

111 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
NorCal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for four days for business in the area. I'd stayed at the full service Marriott previously and thought the full kitchen would be nice for the week - plus it was a lower price!

The room was of good size and had a nice layout. I was comfortable for the week. However, I found the bathroom dirty - sink, tub and floor all had hair. The overall condition is rough. They did just replace the carpet in the room, but the hallway was depressing. The kitchen had minimal supplies - one two knives and largest was the size of a steak knife. Only three glasses and cooking tools limited.

The breakfast was low maintenance but okay. Nothing that wasn't pre wrapped with long shelf life - bagel, muffin, cereal. The bananas were green but they had a great beverage selection.

When I asked about a grocery store when checking in they didn't offer map or even have one available. It was like I was bothering them when asking.

Guest was smoking pot somewhere in the building, but that is tough for staff to track down.

Room was quiet, larger and okay. I will probably check out the residence inn in town the next time around.

Some small changes could make a big difference.

• Stayed February 2013
laurie6640, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Norcross, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking time to assist us in improving. I have made sure the may housekeeping staff was aware of the short comings of the room cleanliness and the missing items. As we are getting ready for our renovation in Mid-April, we should be able to make much more improvements than you've mentioned that need to take place. We will be adding a Breakfast Room which will allow us to not have to have everything prepackaged at breakfast and a wider selection. We will also have "In A Pinch" which will be our little market place at the hotel. I'm sorry that we did not have the directions that you needed and that too is being addressed. We hope that you will give us another opportunity to WOW you with our customer service and great hotel the next time you are in the Norcross area.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Wow, I just found this in my emails. I stayed here back in July 2011 and had a very nice experience. The staff was helpful and friendly, the hotel clean and the surroundings beautiful! Thank you so much Ms. Laurie A Thomas for those personal touches. I will never forget this and would stay here again.
NP

Room Tip: Higher Floors, pretty view
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
laurie6640, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Atlanta Norcross, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Thank you for the kind word and remembering your stay. We would love to have you back again especially since we have had a full renovation of the rooms, hallways, lobby and a brand NEW Breakfast room with seating and a number of new breakfast items. Looking forward to another visit from you when in the Norcross area.

Laurie Thomas, General Manager
Sao Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I've moved to Atlanta to work for a couple months, and had the pleasure to stay at this simple yet cosy hotel.
Room is big enough to make you feel comfortable. Nice kitchen, great bed, set of pillows to choose from. Very clean, cleaned 3 times a week, leaving it as new everytime, thanks to great Ms V!
The best part of all is the staff. Always attentious and happy to help, be it from saving me bringing some breakfast food from the fridge way past time, teaching us foreigners how to use the washing machines, patient with our endless amazon orders =), helping out with the internet, even bringing an extra floor lamp to make the room as light as I needed it, or just being there for a quick chat about mundane stuff.
Look for Sherries and Laurie, the always cheerful manager! =)
Best value, and price couldn't be bettter.
Kuddos to the team!

Room Tip: If you like privacy, rooms facing the back of the hotel has no view to the other hotel in front of i...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Suwanee, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Appreciated how spacious, comfortable and clean the rooms were. The General Manager, Laurie, took special care that we were taken care of and happy during our stay. 3 kids... room keys - that says it all. Was great over the holiday. Loved the grab and go breakfast - very convenient!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
sudbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

It is a very clean hotel with spacious rooms. I am from Canada and didn't know what to expect with the free breakfast but was very pleasantly surprised with the great breakfast for "on the go set". I stayed over Thanksgiving and the service was incredible, very personalized service. The General Manager Laurie was great and took special care to make sure that we were comfortable and happy. It was a 'warm' setting, I actually felt as if I was coming home by the second day of my four day stay. I was even able to do a wash as the laundry room facilities for visitors was economical and very clean.

Room Tip: Top floor is very quiet
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I read with disbelief the negartive review. I just finished a 4 night stay here and it was great. Honestly, the breakfast bar was stocked and plentiful and even more, the place was clean as could be. I did not notice any of the negative problems the earlier review alluded to. In fact, rthe General Manager Laurie told me that she has been at this property for several years and there was no change in management. The common areas, especially the bathroom and the washroom were in great shape. The linens inthe room were all clean and crisp. Teh bed was firm and comfortable. And best of all, it was QUIET! I highly recommend it and will come back to this hotel if I ever am in Atlanta/Norcross again. It really was a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: I loved the rooms in the back, very pastoral setting to look out your windows at trees.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites Atlanta Norcross? Share your experiences!