“A great value for longer stay and groups.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Norcross
Raleigh, North Carolina
“A great value for longer stay and groups.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed here on a recent trip for a conference. The price was unbeatable, we booked the two room suite. Four people, two adults, two children. It gave us PLENTY of room and loved the kitchenette, because you always have leftovers if you eat in a restaurant.

The overall area is industrial/offices, nothing to see here. But it was easy to get in and out and in great proximity to every location we needed to get to. We traveled to Gwinnett Arena, downtown Atlanta, West Atlanta...it was a breeze from this location.

The overall look of the facility is average. Could use some sprucing up here and there. No fancy lobby, but in reality, all that you need. The office staff could not be friendlier! Where did they find these people! Every encounter from the maintenance who helped me hook up my internet (no wireless) all the way up to the manager was superb! Never had an experience like that in any upscale hotel! So their attitude and service made me feel like I was the most important tenant there and more than made up for anything you might find lacking.

All in all, we would definitely stay here again. It's off the beaten path and for the rate they offer you would think they would attract a less than desirable clientele, however, we had no problems with any neighbors. Lots of groups coming and going.

Breakfast was just enough. You might miss any hot items. The biggest draw was the rate, free internet, free parking, free breakfast. A very hard thing to find closer in to Atlanta. We were probably not more than 10 min. from anywhere we needed to go and definitely away from all the bottle neck traffic.

Room Tip: Go for the two room suite if it's more than 3 people, you'll be glad you did.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Knoxville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

With a couple of marginal reviews for this property, and never having stayed at a TownePlace Suites, I was a little apprehensive. From adjustments to the reservation to the front desk services, this stay was flawless and a nice value. Our room was clean and quiet, no real noise from outside despite nearly sold out. And the most comfortable bed this side of a Fairfield Inn. We're looking for a TownePlace near Orlando for an October trip, after this positive experience.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2011

I made a quick weekend trip to Atlanta and was looking for somewhere reasonable to stay. I found this location of TownePlace Suites for $59.00 per night.

The room was clean, and the staff was friendly. The only complaint I had was no wireless internet in the guest rooms (they have wired internet service in guest rooms).

I will definitely stay here again, especially for the price.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Kuwait City, Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

we spent 8 days of our one month vacation in this lovely,friendly hotel the staff were very helful specialy the amazing manager laurie. we felt we are in our house not a hotel and the location is perfect all the malls, shoppings and restaurants are very close to the hotel we liked the forum afternoon time

Room Tip: it is a very quite hotel no noises
Glendale Springs, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2011

Though we had a good deal of driving to do during the week to get to a number of the Atlanta area attractions, I chose this hotel for a number of reasons: 1) It was a Marriott, 2) It was in a business/industrial section and I was counting on it not attracting tourists, 3) A suite would provide more room, 4) The price was better than those in the attractions areas, and 5) I have stayed at TownPlace Suites before.

Our experience with this hotel had its ups and downs. When we arrived, the office was locked with no one at the front desk for check-in. A sign informed us to use the lobby phone and dial zero for assistance. I did, but it took nearly 10 minutes for the clerk to arrive as he was doing double duty elsewhere in the facility.

The lobby is very small, and although the hotel offers a contential breakfast, there are only three seats available to sit and eat. With four of us traveling, we had to make numerous trips to the lobby and carry our breakfast back to the room.

The room was smaller than other TownPlace Suites I have stayed in; much smaller than I had anticipated. We used the sofa bed which left very little room to move around. If I had been more aware of this, I would have chose another hotel. The size is great for one or two guests per room, but there is simply not enough room for four (3 adults and 1 child).

There was a small kitchen available which was very handy. However, the microwave did not work.

Our bathroom door was very much out of square so it was very difficult to close. The bottom of the door scraped the bathroom floor, and unless and adult would lift up on the door, it would not close.

Overall, the stay was very quiet. There were some tourists who arrived later toward the weekend, yet, most of the weekly guests were business travelers.

We did not view much TV, however our room was equipped with a 32 in. LG HDTV and many of the channels provided HD service.

We were able to gain wireless Internet access due to our proximity to the lobby. However, this access was very slow. Most rooms offer only wired access.

The outdoor pool was small but very nice. Seeing most guests were business travelers, the pool was little used giving us unimpeded access at most all times.

The laundry room came in very handy as we had amassed a great deal of sweaty laundry due to the summer Atlanta heat.

For the most part, the stay was pretty good. The price was very competitive with other chains.

Room Tip: For one or two guests per room, this is ideal if you are looking to stay away from tourists.
Pipe Creek, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

We had a great experience at this hotel, check in was quick and every one was very attentive.
I was traveling with my grandchildren, daughter and meeting my sister and cousins at the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for what you need
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Romulus, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

I was traveling to Atlanta for the 2011 Primerica Convention. I choose to stay outside of the downtown area because I had my vehicle. I am glad I did. Based on conversations with other travelers from my office I by far had the best room. While the majority of my office stayed near the airport I was fortunate enough to find the TownePlace Suites in Norcross. From the moment I checked i I realized that this location had the more personal touch missing in many places today. The staff was courteous friendly and went out of their way to make sure I was well informed and attened to. I will definitely make reservations there again for the next convention and would urge my colleagues to do the same.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites Atlanta Norcross? Share your experiences!